Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JR Bellegarde

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Him, hwang and Neto staying fit and firing is going to have a massive say on our survival based on what we have seen so far!
I mentioned this at the match on Saturday, I also mentioned to my mate two/thirds of those three have terrible injury records so we need our back-up to start firing when those injuries, god forbid, happen.
On the plus side though, Belle is not built like Neto or Jota who sometimes look like they'll get an injury being tackled by a 5 year old. But those explosive runs and 6'+ defender's take there toll.

Last edited:

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mentioned this at the match on Saturday, I also mentioned to my mate two/thirds of those three have terrible injury records so we need our back-up to start firing when those injuries, god forbid, happen.
On the plus side though, Belle is not built like Neto or Jota who sometimes look like they'll get an injury being tackled by a 5 year old. But those explosive runs and 6'+ defender's take there toll.
Bellegarde tired (understandably) which stopped us playing through the middle & combined with Klopp pushing his full backs forward, this turned the match on it’s head.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’ll be missing for a while. Jean Bellegarde’s doing well, we’ll have to see how he is tomorrow morning, but hopefully he can be involved. He hasn’t had a full week’s training, so he’s unlikely to do all 90."

This comment again from gon suggests bellegarde is a starter if fit

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JR Bellegarde wonders whether he's been playing in a Rugby game or football game after that West Ham assault on him..

JRB reacting to footage on X, he said: “ I do not understand anything anymore. ”

Twice Bellegarde needed treatment for high head challenges to him from West Ham defenders..

Coufal was not even booked for his forceful elbow challenge, and the incident was quickly cleared by VAR.

An embarrassing decision once again from VAR!​

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JR Bellegarde wonders whether he's been playing in a Rugby game or football game after that West Ham assault on him..

JRB reacting to footage on X, he said: “ I do not understand anything anymore. ”

Twice Bellegarde needed treatment for high head challenges to him from West Ham defenders..

Coufal was not even booked for his forceful elbow challenge, and the incident was quickly cleared by VAR.

An embarrassing decision once again from VAR!​

Seems to me that WHU had noted what happened at Luton and decided to target him to try and get a reaction and get him sent off

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Appalling from both ref & VAR. Two disgraceful red card challenges. I bet neither is shown or commented on in MotD.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is clear intent to cause harm there. No reason for his arm to be that high, none whatsoever. I'm so angry.
The referee even called our medics on after the second challenge because JRB was concussed.

Both challenges were assault, plain and simple!

I bet Klopp and Pep would have been sent to the stands if it happened to any of their players!

I hope GO or our powers that be say something about the challenges, but I bet they won’t

Fed up with so much of football atm.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On another day they could have been down to 9 men.
If we committed those offences, I bet my next pension payment we would have been down to 9 men!

Trouble is, we are too nice. Kilman should have at least had a go with the ref!

Coufal is a thug and I have always thought the same. How the bloody hell did he manage to stay on the pitch?

Yet another rant over.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible that O’Neil got a yellow and Coufal didn’t for that challenge. Nearly took Bellagardes head off. West Ham could have had no real complaints with a red there

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we committed those offences, I bet my next pension payment we would have been down to 9 men!

Trouble is, we are too nice. Kilman should have at least had a go with the ref!

Coufal is a thug and I have always thought the same. How the bloody hell did he manage to stay on the pitch?

Yet another rant over.

A very reasonable and justified rant. The referee should have been brave enough to show a red card, but he was weak throughout and West Ham‘s players knew it and took advantage of it.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can complain all we like, but it won't make any difference. The PGMOL are seen by the PL and see themselves as part of the glitzy Sky-PL conglomerate that constantly tells us and itself that the PL and all its works are the best in the world. Boat rockers are not wanted and will be dealt with. The views of a few Chavs from the West Midlands and other ex-industrial dumps who are there to make up the number won't be listened to, let alone heeded. Get used to it. This is definitely my last season as an STH. The Chinese tourists can have my seat. They are welcome to it.

Last edited:

loppers86

Reaction score
… The views of a few Chavs from the West Midlands and other ex-industrial dumps who are there to make up the number won't be listened to, let alone heeded. Get used to it. This is definitely my last season as an STH. The Chinese tourists can have my seat. They are welcome to it.
that’s got the nail on the
head for me. I don’t actually like football anymore.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I see it, the closer it gets to the top of the VAR shockers list. Genuinely think we should be requesting that Gillet is not on our games, from Lemina’s red to this. Shocking.

It's nowhere near as bad, but reminded me of Ben Thatcher's challenge on Pedro Mendes. Leading with an elbow to the jaw should always be punished with at least a yellow!!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong. They were shown. Shearer and Wright thought it was outrageous that no red card was shown.
This is where having an ex-pro in the booth would make a big difference. Every pundit I've seen has said that was a red and Coufal had gone in to 'do him', they can read the intent because they know what it's like on the pitch. A ref looks at it and thinks "oh, well I can kind of understand why his arm might have been there, it might not have been deliberate". Context is everything and refs don't get it

Back
Top Bottom