Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal v Wolves comms thread.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On any given Sunday…….

It was less of a pen than either of the fulham ones.

Jesus got his body position wrong and he jumped too early that is why it wasn’t given.

If he had been late getting up or not jumped at all I would agree. But he got his own technique and timing massively wrong so the contact made no difference on the outcome.
Okay, so now it's not about the foul, but about whether it was a chance or not? Good to know considering 90% of penalties make no difference. Hell, a bunch of penalties this year they're running away from the goalkeeper.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They haven't apologized for all of the ones against us.

I think I just give up trying to decide what isn't and is a penalty. Whatever the ref and VAR decide is the be all, end all anyway, so why debate it. I'll just go with it from now on. This sport is in shambles when it comes to penalties.

I wish all games were like the Man United game the other day. What a wild ride.

I’m not talking about apologies. GON has told Webb he doesn’t want them anymore. I’m talking about the weekly independent panel review, which is a formed from retired refs and officials from PGMOL and the EPL. It’s the official review of the prior weekend incidents. That review confirmed the first penalty against us Monday wasn’t one, and that Fulh should have been down to 10 for a second yellow for the penalty correctly given to us. That same panel has confirmed all the poor key decisions against us all season. The decisions which cost us at least 7 points so far.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commentators are irritating Arsenal mouthpieces.

Watching on an American stream, the half time adverts featured a couple of Arsenal players. None of ours, of course. Shows where the money is. When you've spent your advertising budget on footballers, surely you want them to get screen time? To be in the big competitions? Perhaps some here aren't aware of the global presence of a few clubs and their star players.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love to see some of the U21s get some time. Maybe they’ll actually push for a goal

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been a subdued, slow, ponderous performance. Not unexpected and Arsenal are levels above us

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, so now it's not about the foul, but about whether it was a chance or not? Good to know considering 90% of penalties make no difference. Hell, a bunch of penalties this year they're running away from the goalkeeper.
If you want me to write war a peace on why it wasn’t a pen, just ask…..

But i will paraphrase……..

Attacking player: had the advanced position that was gained as he had his own on kilman to get into position making it an even contest physically, he jumped too early and wasn’t even in the path of the cross and the hold was on the wrist not the elbow, shoulder or shirt the three places a hold will actually have a major impact on the jumper if they are running.

Wouldn’t have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch and similar contact/holding hadn’t been given, so precident had been set for the “clear and obvious error” *******s that get trotted out.

Also, an element of holding and bumping is allowed in the game and that incident with max was safely in that area of tolerance in a physical game.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not talking about apologies. GON has told Webb he doesn’t want them anymore. I’m talking about the weekly independent panel review, which is a formed from retired refs and officials from PGMOL and the EPL. It’s the official review of the prior weekend incidents. That review confirmed the first penalty against us Monday wasn’t one, and that Fulh should have been down to 10 for a second yellow for the penalty correctly given to us. That same panel has confirmed all the poor key decisions against us all season. The decisions which cost us at least 7 points so far.
So another bunch of people's opinions, who read the rules how they read them.

The fact is, the rules are likely open way too much interpretation. That's the biggest problem. Can you even find the rules anywhere online? Every other sport has them, but I can never find an official Premier League rulebook, just a handbook which doesn't really go over rules.

CUNHA!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, then why's it a penalty when someone grabs a ****ing shirt?
Shirt pulling, holding, particularly from corners is probably one of the most inconsistent areas for pens, often not given

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia lost the ball, but he's still trying to create **** which so many of our players don't do.

I'm still so mad we didn't put him on to try to win against Fulham.

Back
Top Bottom