Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal v Wolves comms thread.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FT: for the first 35 minutes Arsenal were playing a different sport to Wolves, that sport being football. It could have been much, much worse but, although Arsenal eased off massively in the second half, Wolves at least tried to take advantage of that and got back in the game. Ultimately, the gap between the two teams is a gulf that isn't suggested by the final score (I guess that's what makes footie so appealing) but I still like the never-say-die togetherness that this team have, no matter their deficiencies at times. Get the first choice midfield back in and move onto the next set of fixtures with only a -1 to our GD... as I say, it could have been far worse

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Without the controversy in the week leaving us under more pressure we'd probably be less cautious in our praise here. One of the toughest fixtures in the calendar, playing the form team while facing suspensions, and giving them a bit of a fright. We need to capitalise soon though.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That could have been 8 or 9 if we didn’t dig in. Thankfully we dug in and came away with our heads held high.
I think so too. Sure, Arsenal took their foot off the pedal but that's sometimes a dangerous thing to do against a team that stick together like ours.

Reactions: Ned

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Came out with credit
Exactly, not every loss is “a loss” in terms of morale for the lads.

Today they didn’t get any points, but they can come away with pride and to still have that when losing is massive! Especially after the challenges with injuries/suspensions and the speed we went 2:0 down.

Losing Sa in the game could have been a massive disrupter to the defence, but I think even with his few shaky moments, his distribution was top notch and more accurate which helped us out quite a fair bit.

Well done everyone today!!!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No shame losing to a better team, and credit to the lads for coming back after those first 15 mins, and even manage to create a slight glimmer of hope, that we'd get something at the end.
One of the things O'Neil has really improved is our ability to not surrender when we concede early goals.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Must admit i feared the worst when we conceded the 2nd , but well played lads we didn't give up and scored a good goal. Two home games now win them both and things will be looking good.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bingo. Difference tolerance levels means that the rules are open to interpretation, which is the whole problem. They should be black and white, end of story.

Most of those revolve around penalties too.
There is always interpretation and judgement with laws of the game…. Even the laws of the land when in court…….

But the laws are the same, so it isn’t bingo for you is it mate……

You said the rules are different…. They aren’t!!!!

And the issue you have with some of the European reffing on champs and Europa league is actually because WE in the prem aren’t using the same standards/tolerances and benchmarks as Europe who try to standardise across all leagues.

The issue you cite is down to the PGMOL, not the rest of the game doing it it differently.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So either the rule has been changed or if not it most likely will be within half an hour and back dated.
But if they did it four times we could argue we get a point ? They made two defensive subs on 93 mins. That stopped us equalising. Pure cheating. I’d dock them 3 points and give them to us

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I'm so confused by this. That's only allowed if a sub is at half, right?
If they make substitutions at half time, it doesn’t count as a window.

Otherwise, they’re allowed 3 windows + 1 concussion sub which then opens a window for the opponent for a max of 4

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is always interpretation and judgement with laws of the game…. Even the laws of the land when in court…….

But the laws are the same, so it isn’t bingo for you is it mate……

You said the rules are different…. They aren’t!!!!

And the issue you have with some of the European reffing on champs and Europa league is actually because WE in the prem aren’t using the same standards/tolerances and benchmarks as Europe who try to standardise across all leagues.

The issue you cite is down to the PGMOL, not the rest of the game doing it it differently.
If something can be a penalty in one competition but not the other, the rules are different as far as I'm concerned.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they make substitutions at half time, it doesn’t count as a window.

Otherwise, they’re allowed 3 windows + 1 concussion sub which then opens a window for the opponent for a max of 4
They didn't make one at half-time.

Was one of them a head injury?

Their windows were 90+3, 79, 77, and 67.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If something can be a penalty in one competition but not the other, the rules are different as far as I'm concerned.
The laws aren’t different……. You might be concerned and think that.

But in all definitions when you say “rules are different” you are wrong…..

If you said “the application of the law is difffernet” then you would be 100% correct

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their windows were 90+3, 79, 77, and 67.
This - according to BBC app.
So four occasions, unless it took 2 minutes to get 77th minute one on, which appears to be the case, but I can't remember

Jeru360

Reaction score
Watching on an American stream, the half time adverts featured a couple of Arsenal players. None of ours, of course. Shows where the money is. When you've spent your advertising budget on footballers, surely you want them to get screen time? To be in the big competitions? Perhaps some here aren't aware of the global presence of a few clubs and their star players.
I’m very much aware - it doesn’t make it any less annoying. :)

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The laws aren’t different……. You might be concerned and think that.

But in all definitions when you say “rules are different” you are wrong…..

If you said “the application of the law is difffernet” then you would be 100% correct
Okay, whatever.. you're arguing semantics. You know what my point is, there's no reason to argue it. My point is clearly that there's different interpretation of the rules by different organizations.

If rules aren't black and white, things can be bent and you end up with the isssue we have now - which is VAR. With a referee, you can play indifferences on the fact that there's one set of eyes, it could be far away from the ref, etc, etc. With VAR, those inconsistences get magnified.

And also, while they're might not be "concrete" rule differences now. Premier League literally put VAR in place like 2 years after other leagues. So that's a big rule difference that did exist.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This - according to BBC app.
So four occasions, unless it took 2 minutes to get 77th minute one on, which appears to be the case, but I can't remember
The play had not restarted (I went back in the VOD and checked), as a player was down. So it likely counts as the same window? I guess.

Back
Top Bottom