Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s one of them. Should Dunk get sent off for being abusive to the referee? Yeah he probably should.

But so should everyone else who does it. And I guarantee there’s footage from a different PL game this weekend where a player has called the ref something awful and not even got booked.

Yep, no sympathy for Dunk. However, refs need to be consistent and I think more players should be booked/sent off.
As Captain, Dunk should be allowed to approach the ref, but with that comes more responsibility and he cannot use foul and abusive language.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Definitely a straight red.
Opta have it as he gets a yellow, followed by a straight red.

View attachment 38650
Think he managed to pick up his 5th yellow and then (unlike Lemina) not dodge that suspension by getting suspended for a red instead! Think he'll have a 5 yellows and a straight red suspension.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yerson Mosquera scored a late winner (94th minute) last night to put Cincinnati into the semi final of the MLS championship playoff.
They obviously don't realise he is a wolves player though, as VAR looked at a possible offside , but have the goal

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It’s one of them. Should Dunk get sent off for being abusive to the referee? Yeah he probably should.

But so should everyone else who does it. And I guarantee there’s footage from a different PL game this weekend where a player has called the ref something awful and not even got booked.
I didn’t watch MOTD so I can’t say whether you are right or wrong but I know from experience that you often hear a multitude of comments when players crowd round but it is often difficult to differentiate who said what .Players and fans fail to realise that the referee is there to arbitrate , keep control and do his utmost to keep 22 players on the pitch but I agree if it is clear who said something and they fail to act that is unacceptable in my view

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a straight red for “personal abuse” after the initial yellow card.

(He called our friend Antony a “****ing bell end”)
Having watched the game, I’d say it was a fair critique by Dunk.
A game littered with odd decisions and a ref that lost control of it.
Every decision had multiple players from both teams surrounding the ref, so booking dunk in isolation for it - was a bell end decision.

Book everyone, or no-one - but don’t pick and choose what you apply, when you apply it and who you apply it too.

After he’d given the Brighton penalty, he lost control. Was affected by the crowd and the players. As a neutral, it was a pretty shocking ref performance- and not one you’d expect from ‘supposedly‘ one of the best in the PL

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Having watched the game, I’d say it was a fair critique by Dunk.
A game littered with odd decisions and a ref that lost control of it.
Every decision had multiple players from both teams surrounding the ref, so booking dunk in isolation for it - was a bell end decision.

Book everyone, or no-one - but don’t pick and choose what you apply, when you apply it and who you apply it too.

After he’d given the Brighton penalty, he lost control. Was affected by the crowd and the players. As a neutral, it was a pretty shocking ref performance- and not one you’d expect from ‘supposedly‘ one of the best in the PL
I don't think you can make much of a judgement on these to be honest. I thought the pen he gave against Wood was correct, pulled down a player in a dangerous position. The one he didn't give onfield, that VAR told him to, was much more dubious for me.

I did get the impression that he lost it a bit, but Dunk obviously said something pretty out of order first time, got a yellow and just carried on (but presumably worse). Yes players use bad language all the time, but the line is generally drawn between, "that's a ****ing awful decision" and "you're a *******". They've been told to crack down on dissent (rightly IMO) so Dunk can have no complaints for me and the whataboutery on language when we don't generally know what's been said is a bit silly.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I didn’t watch MOTD so I can’t say whether you are right or wrong but I know from experience that you often hear a multitude of comments when players crowd round but it is often difficult to differentiate who said what .Players and fans fail to realise that the referee is there to arbitrate , keep control and do his utmost to keep 22 players on the pitch but I agree if it is clear who said something and they fail to act that is unacceptable in my view
I suppose you’re right, if you’ve got 4 or 5 players shouting at you you can’t really book them all.

I just worry, like Lemina last year, it’s opened another can of worms for the refs. Brighton fans especially will be demanding that every time a player clearly swears at a ref they get sent off, and we all know it won’t happen.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs vs Villa could be a good game today. Villa ain't as good away from home, but Spurs have their own squad issues. There could be plenty of goals.

Everton vs Man Utd is another interesting one. I nearly always enjoy United getting beat so that would be nice. An Everton loss will be funny though after Luton and Bournemouth winning yesterday.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The spurs injury list is actually a joke. No centre back today. At least they had dier against us!

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
VAR working well in Scotland, bit of a shirt pull and outrageous dive wins Rangers a 93rd minute pen to equalise.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rangers with their 7th penalty in 4 games.

Which made me think - Have we had 7 in the last 4 years?

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is the type of game that makes you fall in love with football.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could genuinely be 4 or 5-1 to Spurs already.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of the 'defending' in this game is diabolical.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Only took 3 minutes to establish what seemed pretty obvious to the naked eye.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could see that was offside on the first picture. It's ridiculous it takes this long.

To be fair the other angle made it look pretty close. For me goals like that should always just be given, like they would be in the sane world of football that existed before all of this crap.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair the other angle made it look pretty close. For me goals like that should always just be given, like they would be in the sane world of football that existed before all of this crap.

The other angle was looking at it from a diagonal though. It was clear from the one along the line and if that was given against Wolves just because it was pretty close; everyone here (including you) would be fuming.

Back
Top Bottom