Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes and I’ve never seen him sulk. Funny how everyone related to the club have said how professional he has remained throughout his contract.
Well I saw a man that on many occasions looked like he was very uninterested on the pitch. And I know many sat around me said the same. Though I understand people see different things.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He could end up with no club come start of the season, no big club wants him and he doesn’t want to go to a small one.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never had the right mind set. Picture away at Citeh, absolute world class, but his attitude let him down.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems very odd he hasn’t got a club yet.
Can’t be good to miss having a preseason and settling in period.

It’s got to be him holding out for silly money.

ws1wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I thought this yesterday, seems he’s shot himself in the foot with his wage demands, probably end up in Saudi

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps he could try athletics, this years .

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think it’s odd at all. There is plenty of evidence in England and in Spain for clubs to decide whether he’s worth the wage, and it appears the decision is that he’s not a priority. He appeared close to a move to Italy but those negotiations broke down, which strongly suggests he’s asking for more than interested clubs are willing to pay. Think this is supporting the position Wolves took to be fair.

I think he will get a club in due course, but he may have to wait until the window closes and there are clubs desperate for someone with his skills. I think he would do well in Saudi, but don’t know what his views are of moving there, or if there are any clubs there interested.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I loved watching Adama but if I am honest, if he had signed a new contract with Wolves, it would be hard to see how he could be shoehorned into the starting 11, now.

The top managers seem to want a possession/movement style of football, with players comfortable on the ball and each fully competent with their specific role.

Unfortunately, Adama does not have a football brain (as such) and is one dimensional. If football was based on excitement alone, he would be one of the highest earners but it isn’t, It’s based on teamwork and results.

The best way he can be utilised is 20-30 minutes off the bench and he doesn’t seem prepared to accept that. I could see him at one of the lower Prem clubs, like Luton or Sheff Utd but they wouldn’t afford his wages and he would see that as downward move.

Saudi would seem the obvious move but he might not want to go there. Sadly, as entertaining as he is on his day, he remains the “white elephant”.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well in my FIFA 23 game, I got him to sign for my local team Brøndby in January after 6 months without a club so... :D

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I loved watching Adama but if I am honest, if he had signed a new contract with Wolves, it would be hard to see how he could be shoehorned into the starting 11, now.

The top managers seem to want a possession/movement style of football, with players comfortable on the ball and each fully competent with their specific role.

Unfortunately, Adama does not have a football brain (as such) and is one dimensional. If football was based on excitement alone, he would be one of the highest earners but it isn’t, It’s based on teamwork and results.

The best way he can be utilised is 20-30 minutes off the bench and he doesn’t seem prepared to accept that. I could see him at one of the lower Prem clubs, like Luton or Sheff Utd but they wouldn’t afford his wages and he would see that as downward move.

Saudi would seem the obvious move but he might not want to go there. Sadly, as entertaining as he is on his day, he remains the “white elephant”.
Very well summed up.

He hit a purple patch in 2020, with the help of Raul Jimenez. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we should have cashed in on his value then, we probably could have got at the very least £40m - which seems a huge amount for him now.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Very well summed up.

He hit a purple patch in 2020, with the help of Raul Jimenez. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we should have cashed in on his value then, we probably could have got at the very least £40m - which seems a huge amount for him now.
Could we have though? I loved Adama, he's the sort of individual talent that I go to watch, I'm from the ancient times of get it wide, get to the line, get it across sort of football. However, as others have said, who plays that stuff now? Nobody buying £40m players I'd suggest. As an option off the bench (whether ahead of behind) he's great, so maybe a very rich club wanting that, but would he be happy?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very well summed up.

Imagine the meltdown if we'd have sold him for 'just' £40m back then!!

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Could we have though? I loved Adama, he's the sort of individual talent that I go to watch, I'm from the ancient times of get it wide, get to the line, get it across sort of football. However, as others have said, who plays that stuff now? Nobody buying £40m players I'd suggest. As an option off the bench (whether ahead of behind) he's great, so maybe a very rich club wanting that, but would he be happy?
I think we forget how good he was through his purple patch. It was short lived, but he was sensational for 6 months or so. Always thought he was a confidence player and in that moment the belief of his manager, the fans and himself were all very much there. Sadly it didn’t last

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think we forget how good he was through his purple patch. It was short lived, but he was sensational for 6 months or so. Always thought he was a confidence player and in that moment the belief of his manager, the fans and himself were all very much there. Sadly it didn’t last
Maybe, I was at the Etihad, what a game. How many managers want a guy who can fill in at RWB for 70 minutes and then go up top and score twice when the home team start to overcommit? You need a coach with the genius of Nuno for a start!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Adama fully motivated combining with a fully fit Sasa Kalajdzic would have been a real weapon for us. Sometimes the old ways work best.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Adama fully motivated combining with a fully fit Sasa Kalajdzic would have been a real weapon for us. Sometimes the old ways work best.
Being eighteen feet tall gives a better chance of being on the end of his crosses.

Although I’m uncertain yet whether Sasa can also dislocate his neck backwards like inspector gadget to get on the end of them.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most teams can't afford to carry a player like Adama. He isn't and never has been anywhere near as good as some seem to think and what a massive mistake not cashing in when silly money(for him) was apparently on the table.

Last edited:

Bradstonian

Reaction score
Being eighteen feet tall gives a better chance of being on the end of his crosses.

Although I’m uncertain yet whether Sasa can also dislocate his neck backwards like inspector gadget to get on the end of them.
I'm old enough to remember Twizzle, although I think it was just his legs and arms that would extend.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Friend of mine is a video game journalist down in London and he recently attended an event to promote the new FIFA game (EA FC)

Apparently Adama is a big part of the presentation for the game as they are using his model to demonstrate how rather than just having head scans they are doing whole body scans, so they have accurately imported his unique physique into the game.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Adama's season hasn't taken off yet.
He's taken part in 4 matches for zero goals and zero assists.
At the end of the season provided he stays at Fulham, we'll know if we would have missed him or not.

Back
Top Bottom