Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Blues sack Eustace

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our Chinese owners are skint, and I along with many others would likely welcome fresh ownership and investment into the club, but it could be worse, they could be American. More money than sense a lot of the time, just look at Boehly at Chelsea, too. Clueless.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Our Chinese owners are skint, and I along with many others would likely welcome fresh ownership and investment into the club, but it could be worse, they could be American. More money than sense a lot of the time, just look at Boehly at Chelsea, too. Clueless.
Yes, this is the problem, all we need to do is find a billionaire who made their money ethically and knows how to run a football club but doesn't mind losing £35m a year for the glory (although to be fair I think that will go with profit and sustainability). Shouldn't be too hard surely?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, this is the problem, all we need to do is find a billionaire who made their money ethically and knows how to run a football club but doesn't mind losing £35m a year for the glory (although to be fair I think that will go with profit and sustainability). Shouldn't be too hard surely?
Although, one could argue that just having an ownership that doesn't insist on making a £80m profit in a transfer window when the squad badly needed upgrading would be a start!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read their club statement and you have to laugh.

'A new First Team Manager will be announced in the coming days who will be responsible for creating an identity and clear ‘no fear’ playing style that all Birmingham City teams will adopt and embrace.'

WTF does that even mean?

bigwolf

Reaction score
Just read their club statement and you have to laugh.

'A new First Team Manager will be announced in the coming days who will be responsible for creating an identity and clear ‘no fear’ playing style that all Birmingham City teams will adopt and embrace.'

WTF does that even mean?

Read it again and you have the answer.

-Identity wanted
-No fear playing style

It's quite obvious really.

Probably on my own here but I think Rooney will go on to be a decent coach. He has been earning his stripes and learning his trade in the past few years. He is highly rated in the game.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And down comes crashing the short-lived Summer optimism for Blues fans. Normal service to resume.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, as expected, Wayne Rooney is appointed as Birmingham City manager, I presume he has been promised a big war chest in order to at least reach the play offs. A position they currently hold.

Tudorwolf

Reaction score
he could be someone that would have the right skill set to be our next manager what do you guys think?

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Kama would say, unbelievable Jeff!

5th in the table, just stuffed the **** and a feel good factor in the place for the first time in a decade. You can always rely on Blues to shoot themselves in the foot. And all so they can appoint Rooney! Another set of rich owners blinded by a big name.

Madness!
Rooneys managerial record is terrible

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is the kind of comical dumb stuff that makes following football great. Rooney has the tactical nous of child lost at a swimming pool. Madness to go so hard after him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to feel for Eustace, he’s done a good job there in a) keeping them up and b) having them in the playoffs.

However I’m sure I’m in a party of one with this but I’d love to see Blues come up. They like us have spent a long time in that division of death on and off for decades. Plus it’d keep the Sandwell lot quiet.

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Was thinking of writing a book about football clubs in Europe that have been successful when owned by a) Americans, and b) vulture funds. I'm struggling where to start.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Got to feel for Eustace, he’s done a good job there in a) keeping them up and b) having them in the playoffs.

However I’m sure I’m in a party of one with this but I’d love to see Blues come up. They like us have spent a long time in that division of death on and off for decades. Plus it’d keep the Sandwell lot quiet.
Yes don’t mind blues much better than villa or baggies fans

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have the (dis)pleasure of working for a company in Birmingham. I’m the only wolves fan amongst a group of Bluenoses and Villa fans, thankfully no Sandwell Town lot. The villa fans I work with haven’t gone to games in 20 years and the delusion is exceptional. Champions league this season and definitely winning the conference league. The blues fans are all sound, quite a few season ticket holders who know they’re rubbish and speak on the whole, fairly level headedly about their club

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That wall down to Garrison island, the best/worst walk in football! All the local toerags come out to join in as well. I’m sure the police enjoy letting the fans mingle after 100 yards

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I still remember how vile they were during our time under Mick. With our 2 teams both fighting for promotion and then when in the Premier League both scrapping for survival. They were just as bad as the Baggies fans, especially after the game where Phillips scored the 2 late goals.

Back then we would have said that we don’t mind Villa fans and look how that changed.

Stee

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More wild than fiction.

I just cannot understand why they have done this. I especially cannot understand it if it is purely because they want Rooney.

I know he is a household name but what has he really achieved at management level?14 wins in 53 games as DC boss according to google, not exactly inspiring.

Best of luck to Eustace wherever he ends up next. I know they get paid out and all but to me it feels like it out to be a constructive dismissal coming back at the club. Shocking behavior.

Back
Top Bottom