Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sack him now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remind me - who did he beat in the interview for the job…..

floydstreet

Reaction score
Your post is pretty sound and I'd say uncontentious until you say 'without VAR we'd be 10th'. You don't know that. We could have missed the pen at Utd and who’s to say Luton, if they hadn't got the penalty, would not have equalised anyway? You can't go around stating things as fact when they are not
Your post is pretty sound and I'd say uncontentious until you say 'without VAR we'd be 10th'. You don't know that. We could have missed the pen at Utd and whose to say Luton, if they hadn't got the penalty, would not have equalised anyway? You can't go around stating things as fact when they are not.
edited as clearly can’t have inaccurate posts on here. You’re right, not a fact, but I think a probability. Either way if ceo ran their businesses like Shi runs wolves, they’d be well gone.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"I can guarantee you, when I arrived the place was not running perfectly and ready to go into a Premier League season. There are a lot of things that need fixing.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problems extend far beyond GON but he's taking a not unreasonable squad (with issues) into a much worse place than they should be.

Backing him isn't the answer because it's doubling down on ineptness. It's the same as the sunk cost fallacy, whereby you stick with something just because you've already put time/money into it even if it's the wrong thing.

We need someone who can stabilise things within the constraints we have. We can't fix Fosun, only they can do that, but within the club they can at least try and hire someone better than GON or this is going upside down very quickly.

Totally agree.

The only problem is that we appear to have nobody at the club who is capable of identifying and hiring such a manager. We’ve seen who Hobbs selected, and who he tried to select before JL, and both are terrible. Shi has made two good appointments, and driven both of them away. The rest were poor. So who from the Wolves Brain Trust do we think is going to hire a coach who can turn this group of players back into an effective team?

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"I can guarantee you, when I arrived the place was not running perfectly and ready to go into a Premier League season. There are a lot of things that need fixing.
He says this yet performances are trending downwards.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"There's a big list of things that need fixing. I understand it's my responsibility.

"People will say 'oh they did fine last year', but the truth is they got 41 points last year and we made an £80million profit on players in the summer. We're £80million short of where we were last year.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree.

The only problem is that we appear to have nobody at the club who is capable of identifying and hiring such a manager. We’ve seen who Hobbs selected, and who he tried to select before JL, and both are terrible. Shi has made two good appointments, and driven both of them away. The rest were poor. So who from the Wolves Brain Trust do we think is going to hire a coach who can turn this group of players back into an effective team?
Shi….. then get him the **** away from Potter and let him manage us properly

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He got a call from Hobbs who asked him if he was interested. GON did a very good presentation and the rest is now playing out before our eyes.

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Think this Saturday could turn toxic pretty quickly especially if we are on the end of a humiliating result, which let’s be honest based on the way we’re playing is a distinct possibility.

So after a lucky win against Everton and a point against possibly the worse team in the Premier GON the super saviour has managed to blame the former coach who just so happens to have been a Europa Cup winner and an international manager.

He’s also blamed the players for running about too much, then for not being fit enough so they can’t errrr umm run around as much.

In the meantime the tactics seem non existent, the players seem disinterested on matchday but at least they have a bit of a laugh in training. His game management is possibly the worse we’ve seen.

On his appointment I hoped for the best but truly feared the worse and couldn’t quite believe with the similarities to the Lage appointment the club were heading for making the same mistakes again.

To me it feels like we as a club are close to a tipping point the downward trajectory heading one way with GON in charge and this time unlikely to be able to attract a manager of Lopetegui’s calibre to save us.

GON with your insane talk of coming in to right wrongs I have a message for you.

Do not treat Wolves fans like mugs we all know you were the cheap option with no gravitas to expect/demand players to help us compete. You are a Yes man and I for one am quickly losing any respect I may have had for you with your continual blaming everyone else but yourself, whilst all the time the players fitness seems to be deteriorating (either that or they can’t be bothered to put in the effort for you), the performances and the results are all getting worse.

I will of course support the team but I for one won’t be singing Gary O‘Neil’s barmy army.

He’s an imposter at this level (and probably the level below) and he needs to go.

What an absolute shambles

Reaction score
We can’t sack him with six games gone and no replacements. But what makes this more likely is that Shi can pin this on Hobbs as he was hiding out the country and left it to Hobbs.

In that scenario.
Await Mendes next protege as the new wolves manager
We can and we should but regrettably probably won’t.

loppers86

Reaction score
Keeps implying that it is all JL's fault and he is the flying doctor brought in to put the house in order. Either he is seriously mentally deluded or he is stupid or he is just a lying ******** trying to save his own skin. I think the third. We have to get rid of this complete fraud. NOW.
this sums it up perfectly. Just need to add that he has no credentials to be a manager - even if JL messed up, GON would be the last person any other team would turn to to sort it out.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or the next sale at the club shop within 5 days of the battering city dish out

Maybe they will start to run % discounts based on the size of the defeat? Maybe 5% per goal conceded might shift some gear as the sentiment amongst fans plummets as fast as our teams fitness and organisation.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He keeps going on about the 41 points, ignoring the fact that we got 31 of them from the last 23 games, when we had a proper manager. He keeps going on about the £80m transfer profit, as if it never occured to him to ask why the last guy left.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never a good thing to say a place was awful before becoming manager. Distancing himself from the start for any poor results, setting himself up as some kind of management fixer if given enough time. Everything is wrong and it’s not his doing.

As the weeks go by folk will be wanting to see signs of the promised improvements rather than deflecting responsibilities and blame. It can’t be a healthy environment for the players either.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've heard different rumours but the names frequently mentioned were:

Rob Edwards
Lee Carsley
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith

Clipboard

Reaction score
Seriously, get him gone.
Never wanted him in the first place.

If we cant get anyone decent in and it has to be a big Sam type, get Mick back for me.
Its been 10 or so years, but least we will put some effort in or they wont play.
Agree. Not Mick tho.

Rob Edwards
Lee Carsley
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith
It's pathetic isn't it.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He keeps going on about the 41 points, ignoring the fact that we got 31 of them from the last 23 games, when we had a proper manager. He keeps going on about the £80m transfer profit, as if it never occured to him to ask why the last guy left.
I am beginning to think he is actually very thick.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Rob Edwards
Lee Carsley
Frank Lampard
Dean Smith
Edwards was 100% spoken to and while Hobbs and even Shi remain at the club, I personally think it is only a matter of time before he gets the job. Whether it's after O'Neil or in 5 years time - they have a very good relationship. I think Rob would have to do something pretty catastrophic managerial wise for them to suddenly not rate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom