Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luton verdict

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The Leeds game we was going great until Jonny got sent off. Cunha did well but back then we had Adama now we rely on Neto

Oneil seems to have upset the likes of Silva, Cunha & Sasa

The Ipswich game will tell us a lot
Well we were 0-3 down on 62 minutes, so not that great! Was a very strange game though.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well we were 0-3 down on 62 minutes, so not that great! Was a very strange game though.
Very weird game but when Adama was on we looked like we could score. The striker issue goes back to when Raul got injured unfortunately.

Time to give Fraser or Sasa a sustained chance in the team??!!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Luton fans have made a deal about us having players who cost more than their entire team - Cunha, namely. It makes our performance unacceptable, his especially as he was awful. No support? Didn't stop Neto, did it? If we'd had 20 shots and had one of those days, fair enough. But we were outplayed for most of the match.

Our brightest moment came from individual skill from Neto. Who probably will be sold for more than the entire Luton team cost! That shows his value as he probably is worth more than that entire Luton 11.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Very weird game but when Adama was on we looked like we could score. The striker issue goes back to when Raul got injured unfortunately.

Time to give Fraser or Sasa a sustained chance in the team??!!!
I'd love to think so, but from the little I've seen Fraser is nowhere near ready and can only assume that the medics are saying Sasa is nowhere near fit enough.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, guys we are not a top 7 side and hate to burst your bubbles but that will not be the case for a few seasons yet.
We got a draw after going down to 10 men after 40 mins, what did you expect? 3-0 with us dominating! Seriously, Nuno is done, 2019 is a long time ago.
Get your heads out of your ×××××× and pipe down in terms of your stupidly unrealistic expectations,, if we stay up, success, that's it, ridiculous comments on here and it just sums up the entitlement that does not make any sense, whatsoever.
We are not a top half premier team, get over it.
Jeez, talk about low expectations....

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, guys we are not a top 7 side and hate to burst your bubbles but that will not be the case for a few seasons yet.
We got a draw after going down to 10 men after 40 mins, what did you expect? 3-0 with us dominating! Seriously, Nuno is done, 2019 is a long time ago.
Get your heads out of your ×××××× and pipe down in terms of your stupidly unrealistic expectations,, if we stay up, success, that's it, ridiculous comments on here and it just sums up the entitlement that does not make any sense, whatsoever.
Hello Vinny

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible start where we couldn't impose ourselves on the game. To be fair, GON changed things before half time after seeing Semedo get pulled around, and that was working well as at the same time Luton ran out of steam a bit before the break. I honestly think we'd have won by a couple had Bellegarde not had a brain fart (which shouldn't have been a red but was always going to be). We were in control at that point.

That said, Luton are crap and we made them look decent. Not sure what to make of GON. And the squad this season... minus some maturity, weaker in central defense, and missing Neves and Nunes, it worries me a lot now.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Luton fans have made a deal about us having players who cost more than their entire team - Cunha, namely. It makes our performance unacceptable, his especially as he was awful. No support? Didn't stop Neto, did it? If we'd had 20 shots and had one of those days, fair enough. But we were outplayed for most of the match.

Our brightest moment came from individual skill from Neto. Who probably will be sold for more than the entire Luton team cost! That shows his value as he probably is worth more than that entire Luton 11.
Put it this way.. if Neto had been playing for Luton yesterday, it could have ended up a Cricket score

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy for 17th or relegation vinny?? Hopefully the club is sold soon ay!! ONEIL OUT WARNOCK IN!!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did anyone at the game see this? from an E&S article

A back five with Pedro Neto RWB was hastily changed to Hwang in the same position, although the South Korean seemed confused with his new role.
It took a coach being sent to the opposite side of the pitch to try and relay instructions for players to understand what the new tactics were.
The coach was then led away by the fourth official after Luton fans cottoned-on to what Wolves were doing - this was absolute amateur hour!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As in they think they will stay up, or they’ve already accepted they’re going down? Strange attitude for professional footballers to have 6 games in after their best performance of the season!
Luton are pretty resigned for a one season and done based upon The chairman in his early season interviews where he just seemed like Luton were happy to be there even for just one season

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luton are pretty resigned for a one season and done based upon The chairman in his early season interviews where he just seemed like Luton were happy to be there even for just one season
I get that, but the players really shouldn’t be. Not to the point where they’re making jokes like “we’ll be playing them again next season”, insinuating that we’re both going to go down. Just seems a bit of an odd thing for a professional footballer to say.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get that, but the players really shouldn’t be. Not to the point where they’re making jokes like “we’ll be playing them again next season”, insinuating that we’re both going to go down. Just seems a bit of an odd thing for a professional footballer to say.
It's realistic, they're giving it their best shot but they're not going to spend loads to stay up, they need a new ground, new infrastructure, and have spent on building a better championship team

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's realistic, they're giving it their best shot but they're not going to spend loads to stay up, they need a new ground, new infrastructure, and have spent on building a better championship team
Yeah, I get it. I just find it surprising that a professional player would speak like that 6 games into a season, that’s all.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he wanted (rightly imo) to change the system after 20 mins he ought to have been brave enough to make a substitution.

In fact the obvious change was probably Toti on for Bellegarde and go 343. Which would have stopped the sending off from ever happening!!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he wanted (rightly imo) to change the system after 20 mins he ought to have been brave enough to make a substitution.

In fact the obvious change was probably Toti on for Bellegarde and go 343. Which would have stopped the sending off from ever happening!!
That would have been a terrible change

Hwang for toti would have been fine however

Sasa on for Cunha at half time too if things hadn’t improved with the hold up play

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes as a player you just know that you aren’t good enough to stay up.

So yeah, you will give it a good go to the best level you can. If you already know and accept relegation is likely it won’t be half as upsetting when it happens. It is just being a realist and for a professional sportsman that is every bit is important as “visualising success”

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Reality is GON is a reactive coach, ultra cautious and predictable which can also be positive traits, but on the flip side narrows options considerably.

We won’t see expansive football on an extended basis. The plan is to get as many points as possible and be safe.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez, talk about low expectations....
So...what were your expectations for wolves this season then ?? We started the season without Neves Mouthinio Collins Adama Raul Nunes Costa etc ...failed to buy a striker , bought more midfield players you ve never heard of ,and gave a new manager 6 days to get a team ready?
What were your expectations? Top 4 ???

fleck1

Reaction score
Its the Wolves way, did we expect anything different? I don't remember a time we've gone and dominated a team down the bottom we should be beating? Even under Nuno running away with the Championship and finishing 7th the likes of Huddersfield saw us off without any problems. We seem to have an ingrained dull, defensive mentality, Nuno made it work with some exciting counter attacking football but by the end that had got seriously turgid and hard to watch, Bruno excited us for 3 games then gave up attacking, Lopetegui I guess was a mixture of the situation and style that again was negative and hard to watch. We now have GON who seems to be continuing the trend, but you look at 90 mins vs Man Utd, 45 mins vs Liverpool and to be honest minus 10 mad minutes the best part of the game vs Brighton we were good to watch. Surely the coaching staff can see we look a far better side playing attacking football with a good tempo and create problems and chances. Defensively we aren't solid enough to sit in a 4 and soak up pressure and look to catch teams on the break, our full backs strongest attributes are their attacking ones, not defensive. Saturday we were weak, slow and second to everything, Luton outsmarted us, played the officials, got the crowd up and we just played in to their hands for the whole game. The red card was soft, but its stupid to give the referee a decision to make when you know every situation is being watched and then 10 men for an hour just makes life hard for ourselves. Another terrible VAR call its just not a penalty, so far costing us a potential 3 points with that and the Utd one and then all of a sudden we are sat on 7pts. The conversation is slightly different then 7 pts from 6 games a mixture of exciting football, some turgid football but some points on the board and less pressure on the manager and players which they will all be feeling.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so what does bellegarde miss then

City i mean i cant see us getting anything so its probably not the biggest miss

City and villa do we expect anything?

Bournemouth newcastle sheffield united we are going to need 6 points

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A point away at a newly-promoted side with their energy, narrative of playing at Kenilworth, etc. isn't bad on the surface.

However to get completely outplayed with both 11 and 10 men is embarrassing.

Another game where we created no real chances - we're either reliant on a piece of individual brilliance or a stuffy flick from a hopeful cross, every time. We didn't cut through them once.

Weird thing is that these days, I'm struggling to get emotional about Wolves (e.g. barely celebrating goals, and just a 'meh' feeling when we concede) - don't get me wrong I'm desperate for us to win, but the enjoyment is just not there at the moment.

Every single fan knew Gary O'Neil wouldn't work, and wouldn't be here by Christmas. Suspect he'll be gone after the next international window if we lose the next two and then follow it up with a loss at Bournemouth.

Three-year deal? What a mess.

shaygriff

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
so what does bellegarde miss then

City i mean i cant see us getting anything so its probably not the biggest miss

City and villa do we expect anything?

Bournemouth newcastle sheffield united we are going to need 6 points
He misses, Ipswich, City and Villa. Thank God for the Ipswich game or he'd miss the Bournemouth game too.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
F63Y7lNXoAAaOev

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its the Wolves way, did we expect anything different? I don't remember a time we've gone and dominated a team down the bottom we should be beating? Even under Nuno running away with the Championship and finishing 7th the likes of Huddersfield saw us off without any problems. We seem to have an ingrained dull, defensive mentality, Nuno made it work with some exciting counter attacking football but by the end that had got seriously turgid and hard to watch, Bruno excited us for 3 games then gave up attacking, Lopetegui I guess was a mixture of the situation and style that again was negative and hard to watch. We now have GON who seems to be continuing the trend, but you look at 90 mins vs Man Utd, 45 mins vs Liverpool and to be honest minus 10 mad minutes the best part of the game vs Brighton we were good to watch. Surely the coaching staff can see we look a far better side playing attacking football with a good tempo and create problems and chances. Defensively we aren't solid enough to sit in a 4 and soak up pressure and look to catch teams on the break, our full backs strongest attributes are their attacking ones, not defensive. Saturday we were weak, slow and second to everything, Luton outsmarted us, played the officials, got the crowd up and we just played in to their hands for the whole game. The red card was soft, but its stupid to give the referee a decision to make when you know every situation is being watched and then 10 men for an hour just makes life hard for ourselves. Another terrible VAR call its just not a penalty, so far costing us a potential 3 points with that and the Utd one and then all of a sudden we are sat on 7pts. The conversation is slightly different then 7 pts from 6 games a mixture of exciting football, some turgid football but some points on the board and less pressure on the manager and players which they will all be feeling.
Good points. Nuno's last season was truly dire entertainment wise and it's barely improved since. I don't know why we are so negative overall. The only glimmer of hope at the moment is that there really does appear to be 3 much worse teams than us and their for all the £billions Chelsea can't hit a barn door from 10 yards either!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible start where we couldn't impose ourselves on the game. To be fair, GON changed things before half time after seeing Semedo get pulled around, and that was working well as at the same time Luton ran out of steam a bit before the break. I honestly think we'd have won by a couple had Bellegarde not had a brain fart (which shouldn't have been a red but was always going to be). We were in control at that point.

That said, Luton are crap and we made them look decent. Not sure what to make of GON. And the squad this season... minus some maturity, weaker in central defense, and missing Neves and Nunes, it worries me a lot now.
Nunes wasn't really up for it at Wolves. I suspect he'll show his world class potential at City. Neves was the main loss but I think we have some decent players in midfield now.

I still maintain that on paper we are a mid table team. Or rather we would more likely be if we could score goals! Whether GON is the man to bring the best out of these players I don't know. I didn't like the fact that he didn't recognise Neto's bit of brilliance but was vocal about how he's trying to coach the craziness out of the group when referring to the red card. But then that's probably just me.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Its a red, there is no way we can appeal it, he lashed out, even if it was trying to get up. He used his studs against a player

Yes I agree. Extremely soft but cannot see it being overturned.

Well, he’s certainly replaced nunes hasn’t he.

MEH

Back
Top Bottom