Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Next Manager

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a Argentine coach, ex river plate and national coach, plays attacking football, highly regarded. Your not Jeff Shi are you
OMG you have blown my cover. i admit I know nothing about football and I onl y took the job so I could be near to Doris.:D

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look we're unlikely to get someone like JOL in the near future.

A lot of top managers may well be put off by the project after what happened to him too.

GON wants to be here so let's support him.
Look Jeff,
I realise you are just trying to manage expectations, but we would think a lot more of you if you just held your hands up, admitted what a colossal blunder appointing GO was, sack him immediately and then tender your resignation.

If GO wanted anything other than the money you have given him, he would have moved to the area, but he hasn't even bothered doing that.
No commitment, No Clue, No Nous, No Future.

The Mon On The 'Oss would do a better job, at least he's staying local.

GET GO GONE.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Nuno would want to come back where he has limited funds and has to sell his best players . Or stay in a warm climate with an open cheque book to sign anyone he wishes that would be interested in moving .

I doubt he would and I think he would tell Shi to **** off if offered it imo.
Nuno left for a reason.

He’d come back, I have no doubt about it but not to work under Shi.

Potter would not take the job as he’d want financial assurances.

Big Sam and Warnock would jump at the chance of managing us but I am not sure on either now. I think they’d have more chance of keeping us up over GON though. Both would use the big man up top for Neto to play off.

Hassenhutl probably would keep this side up.

Viera would have kept Palace up.

The issue is the bigger mess / circus which is the upper level management at the club.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ralph Hassenhuttl would definitely be an improvement on GO.
He was my realistic choice if we couldn’t persuade Potter when JL decided to leave.
Our board and now Hobbs seem to be fixated on going down a Portuguese route or now a UK manager route, excluding numerous decent candidates in the process. This blinkered approach to both player and management recruitment has been biting us on the bum for a number of years. It’s one of the reasons we signed Fabio for £35 million in the same window Villa signed Ollie Watkins for less.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The problem is, i don't have any confidence in Fosun, Shi or Hobbs to do the right thing, if they employ a clown like O'Neil god knows who they would go for next. What will probably happen is, they stick with O'Neil until we're well in the #### and then with 10 games to go, sack him and in desperation throw a load of money at it hoping it does the trick we've been here before

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the Club did decide to change managers I would like to know more about the qualities of some that have been mentioned on this site before who are league managers such as those at Plymouth and Ipswich.
Some of you quote Potter so why not the next Potter?

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
I'd honestly get Nuno back for 2-3 years and appoint/groom a young number 2 to take over from him the way Liverpool used to develop in house coaches/ex players.
I’m with you all the way. Except would Nuno come back with the clowns running the circus. In Nunos final season he was stitched up like a kipper

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t have picked GON but think he probably should be given more time.

Actually thought to get the draw at Luton after the sending off and dodgy penalty was a positive and the fact we stemmed the initial onslaught and started to control the match show some in game management.

If VAR worked we should really be sitting in 10th place imo.
I agree with all of this except what turned me again was the cumulation of performances up to the sending off

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have a Manager, and he is in the first couple of months of a three year contract, so I cannot see O’Neil being sacked anytime soon. And why would the club give a manager a three year contract only to get itchy feet after a few games.
The only metric is results. Anyone not getting them is under pressure.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Big Sam warnock what the hell is going on here !

Was GON the only choice we could have made , I’m not sure and time will tell if he’s right choice

But remember
Sold half the squad - Raul Adama could have helped us for sure
Brought in nobody of proven record
Individual players making errors (Bellegarde, Sa etc)
Lost arguably 3 points this season through frankly undefendable VAR decisions
Team fought in a relegation battle last season and at the end of prior season on form
Haven’t scored goals for ages

And we think the manager is the issue ?

This is on fosun, shi and the players as well.
But all we can and should do is stick with them and help , rather than continuously look to change the manager or find scapegoat players. It doesn’t help

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just because someone was the number 2 to a good manager doesn't mean they will be a good manager.

Arsenal took a risk on a very inexperienced manager - it can work.
Are you saying Arteta is not a good manager. He pushed Pep nearly all the way last season.
We took a ridiculous risk. It could, but IMHO, it won't work.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have a Manager, and he is in the first couple of months of a three year contract, so I cannot see O’Neil being sacked anytime soon. And why would the club give a manager a three year contract only to get itchy feet after a few games.
You don't know what caveats are included in his three year contract.

For all we know, there may be a minimum points total inserted for his three year contract to go beyond nineteen games, albeit with a payoff.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Are you saying Arteta is not a good manager. He pushed Pep nearly all the way last season.
Arteta has been given more cash than any arsenal manager in history
They should be challenging

That said they’ve largely spent well and he is doing a good job. But I’m not buying into this arteta is a magician. He’s been able to spend £40m on sub goalies and £120m on rice efc.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually thought GON had been removed from post for a moment…
No chance. Not as yet anyway. Hobbs has invested his reputation on finally getting a young English manager so I very much doubt he will wave the white flag unless things get seriously bad.

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
Arteta is a good manager which just proves sometimes inexperienced managers can develop given sufficent time.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arteta has been given more cash than any arsenal manager in history
They should be challenging

That said they’ve largely spent well and he is doing a good job. But I’m not buying into this arteta is a magician. He’s been able to spend £40m on sub goalies and £120m on rice efc.
I'm not saying he's a magician but he has won trophies. However, we spent £35 million on an alleged generational talent and over £40 million on Cunha who has yet to deliver. Admittedly we signed some gems but that was down to Mendes.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arteta is a good manager which just proves sometimes inexperienced managers can develop given sufficent time.
Every manager is inexperienced at some time. That's the current situation with GON. To my mind his inexperience will be his downfall. It's as if Fosun are expecting a relegation battle. Perhaps that's the advice JL gave them with this squad.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gallardo is available and waiting for a Premier league job so get him in now before it’s too bloody late!

floydstreet

Reaction score
I'm not saying he's a magician but he has won trophies. However, we spent £35 million on an alleged generational talent and over £40 million on Cunha who has yet to deliver. Admittedly we signed some gems but that was down to Mendes.
Arteta has singed Lokongo, Tavares and Kiwior
Every club has them
He’s also signed Odegaard

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Potter = dream* (assuming Pep won’t come)

Realistic but hardly inspiring = Hassenhuttl

*Actually Nuno would be the dream, but I feel we burnt that option messing him around this time last year.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're replacing GON then Gallardo is an obvious choice.
I find myself again defending GON from an unfair accusation, even though I'm not at all sure he's the man we need. He didn't create this mess, such as it is and is no more responsible than JL, Shi and others

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Will always say as I see. I don't rate O'Neil but Hobbs and Shi and mostly Fosun created this **** show . So yes O'Neil will go but the clowns who appointed him will be appointing the next one as well.

Just remember yes Shi appointed Nuno , but he also appointed Zenga , Lage , And nearly Beale , and now with Hobbs O'Neil .

So the question or thread should possibly be . Do you have confidence in the club Fosun to change this **** around as at present I have no confidence in them running Wolves Do you ?
Absolutely not.
They thought that they would make big money from owning a club like Wolves.
Fosun should sell because their lack of interest will mean relegation for our club.
Absolutely clueless!

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hansi Flick - former Germany and B Munich.

Oliver Glasner - former Frankfurt Wolfsburg

Vitor Pereira - former Porto, Olympiacos.

Lucien Favre - former Dortmund, Nice.

Hasenhüttl - Leipzig, Soton

Marcelo Gallardo - River Plate

All out of work
Just wondering why they are out of work if such good coaches / managers ??

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big Sam / Warnock or both

Get them in know their stuff. Will lead us to safety

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Binning GON would mean Fosun would have to come clean and tell us exactly what their plans are for the Club and the rationale for the appointment of the next manager. I said on here when they appointed GON that there would be another list on Shi/Hobbs's desks of available managers if/when they sacked GON and, of course, this is being updated as managers become available. Unlike many on here I don't know enough/anything about some of these foreign managers but what I do know is that there is already a momentum gathering and GON will be gone by Xmas, probably before if results are poor and we are rooted in the bottom 3. If things continue to deteriorate many managers would be put off coming to Wolves in the current climate so I wouldn't rule out a short-term appt, say to the end of the season, with the sole remit of keeping us in the Prem. Warnock anyone?

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Just wondering why they are out of work if such good coaches / managers ??

Even good managers can be fired or leave clubs.
The PL is an elite league and we should be looking for managers with several years experience in the top leagues as a minimum IMV

floydstreet

Reaction score
Maybe a little premature this thread !

But this is wolves so who knows

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In case he fails?
He's taken us so far backwards in his short tenure that it will take a football genius to sort out the mess Corporal Clott has wrought upon the team.

As for the never-was Dinosaur that is Dodgy Sam FFS, surely even Shi is not stupid enough to apoint that idiot. I do think we shouild seek a banning order preventing him from coming within a 100 miles of the Mol, just in case, though.
He has hardly taken us backwards though has he? Lopetegui couldn't beat Luton in a friendly and last 5 competitive fixtures for us got 4 points conceding 15 goals. People like to pretend that bit didn't happen though, or that O Neill got the job the friday before the season started. Not happy with the performance but if we have gone backwards it's marginal.

Back
Top Bottom