Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Even if it was a key player and there was no time to get a replacement? Think about the reaction when Jizz did that to us....
They had the same amount of time to get a replacement as it took us to get Bellegarde after the Diarra bid was rejected. Our bid was rejected Thursday evening not Friday.

They're basically moaning over nothing

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They had the same amount of time to get a replacement as it took us to get Bellegarde after the Diarra bid was rejected. Our bid was rejected Thursday evening not Friday.

They're basically moaning over nothing
If it’s that easy to get a replacement how come we didn’t get a striker in after they rejected our offer?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure there has been lots to moan at Wolves over this summer. Offering a club 20m for a striker, about 90% more than they paid for him just a few months ago, don’t feel like one of them.

Bizarre story tbf.
The 20m comes next year. How do they replace him with the £2m loan fee on transfer deadline day?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure there has been lots to moan at Wolves over this summer. Offering a club 20m for a striker, about 90% more than they paid for him just a few months ago, don’t feel like one of them.

Bizarre story tbf.
Absolutely,Southampton did the same with Adams although they wanted to move him on they had no replacement so pulled the plug
No ridiculous twittering,just did what they had to and move on
Obviously having an unhappy player at your club is not ideal, but we have done nothing wrong, just gave them an offer which they could refuse and did lol
The Cosa Nostra v the Triads part one

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
If it’s that easy to get a replacement how come we didn’t get a striker in after they rejected our offer?
You missed the point more than our strikers miss the target here. I never said it was easy, I said they had the same amount of time we did to replace nunes and were throwing their toys out of the pram for no reason.

As for an answer to your unrelated question, had Southampton not changed their mind we would have done. We moved on to Adams after the rejection and had it all agreed until they changed their minds. It happens but we didn't cry to the press about it

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You missed the point more than our strikers miss the target here. I never said it was easy, I said they had the same amount of time we did to replace nunes and were throwing their toys out of the pram for no reason.

As for an answer to your unrelated question, had Southampton not changed their mind we would have done. We moved on to Adams after the rejection and had it all agreed until they changed their minds. It happens but we didn't cry to the press about it
We had £50m from the Nunes deal meanwhile we offered them a £2m loan fee for their best player and expected them to accept.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
We had £50m from the Nunes deal meanwhile we offered them a £2m loan fee for their best player and expected them to accept.
Jesus, when you miss a point you really miss a point don't you.

If you read what I said in posts before you quoted then the bit where I said our bid wasn't unfair, them rejecting it wasn't an issue. Their going to the press saying we insulted them blah blah was strange behaviour.

I'll break the point down here.

We made a bid for a player on Thursday, they deemed it unacceptable and rejected it. It happens all fine so far.
We moved on to Che Adams the next day, that fell through. Happens all round the football world at the end of a window and is normal.

Their player gets upset that a small club in Italy doesn't allow him to move to the premier League and for him to earn more and play in the most watched world in the league and so does a mini Nunes and can't play. Not ideal and I imagine they would be unhappy like we were with Nunes.

Their director of football making a statement saying they won't forget what wolves did was weird considering all we did was make a bid they deemed unacceptable with 1 day of the window remaining after they rejected it. Don't remember us doing the same to City

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan according to TalkSPORT.

Signs a new deal before he goes, so they've actually learnt something from Traore, even if it's still not a great deal.

Just kicks the can down the road, but at least it gets him out of the club, and (hopefully) gets him off our payroll for a year.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just kicks the can down the road, but at least it gets him out of the club, and (hopefully) gets him off our payroll for a year.
If he does well he either signs permanently (wonder if there is an option) or gets another decent move. All in his hands now.

Edited to add: As l seem to recall that he had a hefty payrise when he joined us l bet that we are paying a chunk of his wages.

Last edited:

Nivada

Reaction score
Love Podence, and hope he sees the light eventually.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he does well he either signs permanently (wonder if there is an option) or gets another decent move. All in his hands now.

Edited to add: As l seem to recall that he had a hefty payrise when he joined us l bet that we are paying a chunk of his wages.
No option apparently

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder whether the new contract might be a misunderstanding. If we couldn't get anybody to buy him this time I don't see how we're going to do it in a year's time, and he's supposed to be on decent money. The contract mentioned in the tweets appears to be with Olympiacos.

Nope, it’s a contract extension at Wolves. From the horses mouth…

“The loan comes alongside the news that Podence has signed new terms with Wolves until 2025, with the option for a further year’s extension, protecting the Old Gold in the future.”

Back
Top Bottom