Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting article in the Athletic which talks about City’s summer business (and how they approach transfers).

They basically get the player to commit to them first, to reduce any leverage for the selling club, so I’d imagine the strike idea generated from their side.

According to the article Chelsea and Spurs were interested in Doku so Rennes asked for €80m but City got the player to say it’s City or nowhere and City used that to refuse to pay more than what they did.

The article said that as neither Rice nor Olise wouldn’t fully commit to them beforehand they didn’t pursue them.

D

Deleted member (smith)

It's quite well worded comments from Hobbs.
Personally, for reasons that I don't fully understand myself, I don't feel particular animosity towards Nunes, certainly much less than what I feel for Lopetegui who, IMO is lower than a snakes belly.
He's in the Hoddle category of despicable individuals, and before you jump on me, it's just my opinion that I've developed in my 70+ years of encountering all sorts of characters, good and not so.

yes I don’t understand all the negative comments about a very common practice. Nunes said that moving to city was a great opportunity and he wanted to go. He said he didn’t want to play or train because he wasnt in the right frame of mind and didn’t want to jeopardize the opportunity by injury. Gary said that was his choice , but in reality wolves wanted the move too so it was mostly theatre for the gullible. Who wouldn’t want to change jobs for double the salary.

in contrast Jonny declined two offers and is a hero for wanting to stay at wolves. But who wants to change jobs for a pay cut? Seems he didn’t want to what Wolves wanted.

And lots of abuse for Podence because no firm offers came in , again because of his salary. So he stays put . Even though he wants to leave.

all three cases are players putting themselves first which is the normal state of things and was also the case for Traore or Neves..effectively transfer fees are players leaving part of their cost on the table….and since Bosman the power is changing as players will run out their contact and collect the signing on bonus themselves. None of the players are fans and loyal to one club…those days are long gone . In my view JLo s behaviour was much much worse but as inevitably we don’t know everything that goes on behind closed doors it’s best not to be too worked up…Shi really pushed the boat out for JLO but he never became a team player .
At the end of the day only the fans are long term loyal …nobody else …which is an interesting cultural phenomenon.if we wanted players to be loyal we would sign Labradors.

And when it works in our favor and a player will only come to wolves ( regardless of higher offers) then the player is a hero eg Gomes.

And to be clear clubs show no loyalty to players if they want to get them off the payroll or collect a fee. Messi at Barca is the best example but that’s also true of Raul or Collins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks for all the messages, posts, post responses.
Dad is better today, though pretty wiped out. As am I!
Put your feet up if you can I know how exhausting it can be. Glad your dad is feeling better

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting article in the Athletic which talks about City’s summer business (and how they approach transfers).

They basically get the player to commit to them first, to reduce any leverage for the selling club, so I’d imagine the strike idea generated from their side.

According to the article Chelsea and Spurs were interested in Doku so Rennes asked for €80m but City got the player to say it’s City or nowhere and City used that to refuse to pay more than what they did.

The article said that as neither Rice nor Olise wouldn’t fully commit to them beforehand they didn’t pursue them.
Very scummy way of doing business. Pushy salesman tactics.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yes I don’t understand all the negative comments about a very common practice. Nunes said that moving to city was a great opportunity and he wanted to go. He said he didn’t want to play or train because he wasnt in the right frame of mind and didn’t want to jeopardize the opportunity by injury. Gary said that was his choice , but in reality wolves wanted the move too so it was mostly theatre for the gullible. Who wouldn’t want to change jobs for double the salary.

in contrast Jonny declined two offers and is a hero for wanting to stay at wolves. But who wants to change jobs for a pay cut? Seems he didn’t want to what Wolves wanted.

And lots of abuse for Podence because no firm offers came in , again because of his salary. So he stays put . Even though he wants to leave.

all three cases are players putting themselves first which is the normal state of things and was also the case for Traore or Neves..effectively transfer fees are players leaving part of their cost on the table….and since Bosman the power is changing as players will run out their contact and collect the signing on bonus themselves. None of the players are fans and loyal to one club…those days are long gone . In my view JLo s behaviour was much much worse but as inevitably we don’t know everything that goes on behind closed doors it’s best not to be too worked up…Shi really pushed the boat out for JLO but he never became a team player .
At the end of the day only the fans are long term loyal …nobody else …which is an interesting cultural phenomenon.if we wanted players to be loyal we would sign Labradors.
I agree most of this. The JL situation l might or might not differ, depending on what more comes out.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Typical arrogant behaviour from a top club. **** them.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think its the word strike which has fanned the flames. He didnt train till his future was decided, happens all the time when a transfer is close. I heard on the radio yesterday Man Utd were signing Amrabat from Fiorentina on loan and he wasnt training till his future was decided. I think worded like that it makes sense for both parties so not to risk the deal for either the buying team, the selling team or the player.
The word strike has done Nunes over imo and minds have been made up to abuse him.
I guess its not difficult for them to turn a players head with their recent success and dont think there are many players at teams our size that wouldnt jump at joining them if interest was shown.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure he’ll do well at City as he’ll want to be there and to win things. For me Nunes much like Guedes never really wanted to be here and his mentality showed that. Lots of frustrating head shakes and throwing of arms at teammates when things didn’t go his way. If you compare his mentality to our other big sales in neves and Jota it’s night and day. They got “it”, they understood that when you aren’t in a top team you have to be on it every single game and putting in 100% effort even when it’s not going your way.

I should look back at him for his goal against Chelsea or his performance against United but what will stick with me will be his petulant sending off against Brighton, game was done and he did that. It shows a lack of respect for his teammates and his club. I’ll bet all I have he’ll never do that to Pep in injury time when the game is done.

I don’t think of myself as a petty bloke and I can’t remember booing a returning player (I nearly got chucked out at Jota’s first game back for rowing with fans for booing him) but I’ll give Nunes pelters when he comes back simply because he rarely put in the effort required at wolves to show off his undoubted talent. Over the years we’ve accepted plenty of players who lack talent but balance it with work rate, effort and the right mentality and I don’t think we should ever accept a guy of Nunes talent showing what he did in a wolves shirt.

So to paraphrase, **** him

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m sure he’ll do well at City as he’ll want to be there and to win things. For me Nunes much like Guedes never really wanted to be here and his mentality showed that. Lots of frustrating head shakes and throwing of arms at teammates when things didn’t go his way. If you compare his mentality to our other big sales in neves and Jota it’s night and day. They got “it”, they understood that when you aren’t in a top team you have to be on it every single game and putting in 100% effort even when it’s not going your way.

I should look back at him for his goal against Chelsea or his performance against United but what will stick with me will be his petulant sending off against Brighton, game was done and he did that. It shows a lack of respect for his teammates and his club. I’ll bet all I have he’ll never do that to Pep in injury time when the game is done.

I don’t think of myself as a petty bloke and I can’t remember booing a returning player (I nearly got chucked out at Jota’s first game back for rowing with fans for booing him) but I’ll give Nunes pelters when he comes back simply because he rarely put in the effort required at wolves to show off his undoubted talent. Over the years we’ve accepted plenty of players who lack talent but balance it with work rate, effort and the right mentality and I don’t think we should ever accept a guy of Nunes talent showing what he did in a wolves shirt.

So to paraphrase, **** him
I’m hoping he gets the full Danny Mills treatment for the whole 90 mins.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And when it works in our favor and a player will only come to wolves ( regardless of higher offers) then the player is a hero eg Gomes.

And to be clear clubs show no loyalty to players if they want to get them off the payroll or collect a fee. Messi at Barca is the best example but that’s also true of Raul or Collins.
Great post.

Mixers having being saying that Wolves are shambolic, a mess, run by lying clowns, are incredibly incompetent etc….…
………then, in that case its not unreasonable to think that the players want out.
I‘m not saying that they should use a strike as leverage, btw.

Rowzed

Reaction score
I think its the word strike which has fanned the flames. He didnt train till his future was decided, happens all the time when a transfer is close. I heard on the radio yesterday Man Utd were signing Amrabat from Fiorentina on loan and he wasnt training till his future was decided. I think worded like that it makes sense for both parties so not to risk the deal for either the buying team, the selling team or the player.
The word strike has done Nunes over imo and minds have been made up to abuse him.
I guess its not difficult for them to turn a players head with their recent success and dont think there are many players at teams our size that wouldnt jump at joining them if interest was shown.
It’s the cynicism that went along with it. The two clearly deliberate yellows for dissent, the second in added time v Brighton; the playing well in the ‘big games’ ( Chelsea, Man U ) and not turning up for the rest, the ducking out of tackles, and the ‘big club‘ jibe.

I would not be bothered with him not training if we hadn’t got a six pointer away at Everton he had also deliberately made himself unavailable for. What if one of our other midfielders had picked up an injury in that game? Who the blazes does he think he is? 25 years old and can’t get selected for Portugal.

He’s not KDB that’s for sure (which he should know after he stood by and watched him demolish us last season).

not my favourite player of all time. Steve Daley also went to Man City as a big money signing, could also glide past players, Nunes not fit to lace his boots.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the cynicism that went along with it. The two clearly deliberate yellows for dissent, the second in added time v Brighton; the playing well in the ‘big games’ ( Chelsea, Man U ) and not turning up for the rest, the ducking out of tackles, and the ‘big club‘ jibe.

I would not be bothered with him not training if we hadn’t got a six pointer away at Everton he had also deliberately made himself unavailable for. What if one of our other midfielders had picked up an injury in that game? Who the blazes does he think he is? 25 years old and can’t get selected for Portugal.

He’s not KDB that’s for sure (which he should know after he stood by and watched him demolish us last season).

not my favourite player of all time. Steve Daley also went to Man City as a big money signing, could also glide past players, Nunes not fit to lace his boots.

Here’s hoping he turns out as big a misfit as Daley was for City.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Even Bobb came on for City (I've no idea who he is). Guess that's what happens when you decide to go on strike and stop training etc... Shame.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That statement lol. Clearly trying to save face. Good riddance.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be the fact he had a agreement to move after a season I think. Even so, there is a way to conduct yourself. And that wasn’t it.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much admiration and respect , that he's always had so he says, that he never looked to be overly bothered to be here.

I may try that next time my boss asks me why I look like I would rather be anywhere else than at work.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Would anyone have an issue if he said “I’ve enjoyed my time at Wolves but the chance to play for Man City, under Pep Guardiola and in the Champions League was something I couldn’t turn down”.?

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would anyone have an issue if he said “I’ve enjoyed my time at Wolves but the chance to play for Man City, under Pep Guardiola and in the Champions League was something I couldn’t turn down”.?
I would have more respect if he had just said that he came to us under the belief that he would be moved on to Liverpool at the earliest opportunity, but when that fell through and city came calling then it was time to go.

Back
Top Bottom