Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would rather accepts peanuts he is stinking up the place
He's not though is he, not in a footballing / talent sense.

For all that he brings though, I'm glad to see him gone. His theatrics are unbecoming a club like ours; we like effort and honesty and Pod is the antithesis of that a lot of the time. Watching him roll around after the proverbial sniper had nobbled him for the third time in a game, I actually often had the nasty idea that the old fable ought to come true, and he deserved to get the injury he was faking and everyone doubt it. He was a little soft lad, and while there's a place for them in modern football, I'd prefer more Leminas, Dawsons, Hwangs etc the kind of players you'd want having your back.

He'll go down as one of our better technicians but understandably unloved. The Saudi league is the perfect fit for him and his ilk.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one player I wish we'd have got, even in place of a free Matt Docherty, was Max Aarons. A couple of years ago he was being talked about at 30 or 35million, which would be around 50 mill today.
Very tidy player, defends well, passes well, attacks, and only 23. He went to Bournemouth for an initial 7 mill which i think is the bargain of the window.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Max aarons is an absolute nothing player - he’s crap in the air, can’t cross, doesn’t score or create, and positionally he’s poor.

He’s a decent one on one defender and has decent pace - he’s Nelson Semedo lite if you will.
That description matches what I’ve seen whenever I’ve watched him. Never understood what all the fuss was about.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That description matches what I’ve seen whenever I’ve watched him. Never understood what all the fuss was about.

The fuss was that he matured early. So for his age, if you assumed he'd keep improving from this high base, looked like he could become world class. The problem is he just never got any better. Happens to a lot of young players.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Max aarons is an absolute nothing player - he’s crap in the air, can’t cross, doesn’t score or create, and positionally he’s poor.

He’s a decent one on one defender and has decent pace - he’s Nelson Semedo lite if you will.
I’d far rather have Doc personally

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The one player I wish we'd have got, even in place of a free Matt Docherty, was Max Aarons. A couple of years ago he was being talked about at 30 or 35million, which would be around 50 mill today.
Very tidy player, defends well, passes well, attacks, and only 23. He went to Bournemouth for an initial 7 mill which i think is the bargain of the window.
Eh. He leaves me cold. He might be an edge case premier league defender....

Decent athlete though, and Bournemouth are short on those.

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Great news we got bellegarde over the line, but had a look at his numbers given people are talking about him as an attacking midfielder.They aren't great are they, especially given he's been playing in a far weaker league.

Where do we think he will slot in to the team?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news we got bellegarde over the line, but had a look at his numbers given people are talking about him as an attacking midfielder.They aren't great are they, especially given he's been playing in a far weaker league.

his numbers are better than Nunes’ but i do get your point.

truth be told i don’t know any of these players so will therefore reserve judgment.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair to the lad , it's he's first permanent from being at a club since he was a kid.

A club that means a lot to him , he's dad and he's family

Absolutely massive for anyone, I know I'd want my dad there , for advice or to say I'm nervous, or what do you think.

He hasnt got that, maybe we should all think about that before chatting rubbish
Totally agree. He is from Man. City lineage and to leave his heritage must be a big wrench for him.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

On the wing. Direct Nunes replacement

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not suggesting Doc is Maldini, but Aarons would simply be a Semedo downgrade. Doc at least offers a different type of option and can actually do something in the final third.
Primarily I like my defenders to be able to defend but accept Doherty does offer more offensively, which given our lack of goals is useful.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Primarily I like my defenders to be able to defend but accept Doherty does offer more offensively, which given our lack of goals is useful.

I'd honestly be tempted to use Doherty as an emergency striker late on in games. Purely because he's incredibly composed in the box and is a good finisher in general not just for a defender. Not saying we do a reverse Stephen Ward, but 10mins to go and losing 1-0 to a team we're all over. Get him in the box and see what happens

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd honestly be tempted to use Doherty as an emergency striker late on in games. Purely because he's incredibly composed in the box and is a good finisher in general not just for a defender. Not saying we do a reverse Stephen Ward, but 10mins to go and losing 1-0 to a team we're all over. Get him in the box and see what happens
I think his major attribute though is arriving late in the box, bit Dave Edward’s esq, so giving him a lot of freedom from a rwb position is probably the way to get the most end product out of him.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Not to mention the "lovely" Lindsey....
Just had a quick look on their forum to see what they thought of the signing
‘Is this what we are reduced to signing the dregs of the dog heads dog**** team’
Welcome to Walsall Harvey Griffiths:(

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was thinking similar. Right of a front three and he'd cause problems.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We would be daft not to use Doherty for his strengths.....which is arriving late in the box and getting goals ....which is what a wing back does in a back 5.......

It was hilarious watching Doherty as the 3rd centre back against Blackpool and Jonny in the wing back role....was a total waste...might just have been for fitness though over tactical....Gray O'Neil finally changed it and 5 mins later Doherty had 2 goals.......

Not sure using Doherty with his back to goal is the answer at all.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just had a quick look on their forum to see what they thought of the signing
‘Is this what we are reduced to signing the dregs of the dog heads dog**** team’
Welcome to Walsall Harvey Griffiths:(
Utter ****ing ****ers....

I'm torn.... I want Harvey to do well but wouldn't be sad if he flops and screws those ****'s season....

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think his major attribute though is arriving late in the box, bit Dave Edward’s esq, so giving him a lot of freedom from a rwb position is probably the way to get the most end product out of him.

As his overall position yes. But when it's kitchen sink time I'll throw him upfront and just get in around the box and hope for the best

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pod move to Saudi still on then!

Jordao maybe kept for back up who knows. Funny to think he was meant to be the better one of him and Neto

Back
Top Bottom