Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Yduti

Groupie
Reaction score
Bellegarde would be brilliant, but are we not going to look at anymore wingers? Currently, with hwang out we have just neto and sarabia as experienced options. Enso is too young for us to depend on and will likely get few minutes for the first season. I'm not sure if that bid for abde is actually legit or not but if it is hopefully it means we're looking at another wide player
Bellegarde is versatile he can play cm cam lw

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So from being at the point where Loptegui was finally told that even loans or frees were not possible unless there were more major sales, because of FFP issues we now find the club suddenly putting in bids left right and centre for all sorts of players in a kind of scatter gun Forest approach.

Unsurprisingly the better options are not being captured at such short notice- do the club really think a Brazilian club like Flamengo are going to accept a bid for one of their best players less than two days before the Window closes? Never mind a French club. How can they possibly find replacements in time? It has all felt chaotic and ill -thought out.

By 11 p.m. tomorrow the only player of any quality who can add something to the first team is Santiago. That represents £10m out of the roughly £145m brought in sales this summer. Yet Hobbs is being praised as the great strategist and deal maker with presumably mastermind Shi in the shadows just behind him. Yes in the end he extracted a bit more out of Man City for Nunes. But while we will have increased bodies by 11 p.m. tomorrow we will have singularly failed to get in any quality players who can directly impact the first team (barring miraculous last ditch deals).
Too much truth in this for me to feel comfortable.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He didn't want to come to us, which forced up the price we had to pay for him.
He didn't want to train or play for us, when a bid came in and forced the price down that we got for him.
He didn't score many goals when he was here,
He didn't make many assists when he was here.
He's the player who didn't make a name for himself on the pitch for us.
He's the player who didn't get remembered with fondness by future fans whose father's and grandfather's didn't tell them about how he played.
He didn't leave a legend.
I expect all of today's signings to leave us with fonder memories.
He’s also the player who’s agent didn’t build into his contract a clause to state “if £xxx offer is received by another club then we have to allow Nunes to talk to them and accept the offer if he wants to move”. Anyway we’ve made a profit on a player who over the last 12 months has hardly justified the price we paid and who on the evidence of this week hasn’t got the minerals for a fight at the lower end of the table a la Tielemans for Leicester last season.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he will have known.

It's 2 days of training before a game against Blackpool, who cares about that? I'm sure if it'd fallen through, he'd have buckled down.

But imagine you're in his shoes - you're playing for a club you have no particular affinity for. The owners are apparently the worst there are, asset stripping the club around you. The manager is some dull no name you don't respect. No signings are coming in, after your relegation battle last year.

Then one of the biggest and best clubs in the world come in for you, which you wouldn't have expected yet. You don't think it's reasonable to say you're not in the right frame of mind to train? For 2 days ahead of a cup game against some chumps?

Perhaps you'd keep busting a gut in training and risk injury in his situation for the sake of the fans, but you're naive if that's what your expecting most people would do.
Man City will never be one of the biggest clubs in the world. they are manufactured and state owned, let’s never forget that.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So from being at the point where Loptegui was finally told that even loans or frees were not possible unless there were more major sales, because of FFP issues we now find the club suddenly putting in bids left right and centre for all sorts of players in a kind of scatter gun Forest approach.

Unsurprisingly the better options are not being captured at such short notice- do the club really think a Brazilian club like Flamengo are going to accept a bid for one of their best players less than two days before the Window closes? Never mind a French club. How can they possibly find replacements in time? It has all felt chaotic and ill -thought out.

By 11 p.m. tomorrow the only player of any quality who can add something to the first team is Santiago. That represents £10m out of the roughly £145m brought in sales this summer. Yet Hobbs is being praised as the great strategist and deal maker with presumably mastermind Shi in the shadows just behind him. Yes in the end he extracted a bit more out of Man City for Nunes. But while we will have increased bodies by 11 p.m. tomorrow we will have singularly failed to get in any quality players who can directly impact the first team (barring miraculous last ditch deals).
you have no idea how good most of these players are or not for that matter. be honest.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bellegarde would be brilliant, but are we not going to look at anymore wingers? Currently, with hwang out we have just neto and sarabia as experienced options. Enso is too young for us to depend on and will likely get few minutes for the first season. I'm not sure if that bid for abde is actually legit or not but if it is hopefully it means we're looking at another wide player
we also have RAN and Cunha who can play wide.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep reading this about Neto needing to be on the left.
our one EPL win this season came from a Neto assist on the right.
i like wingers to swap sides but i also like Neto wide right.

Yeah Neto is well capable of playing on the right. He hasn't been in the greatest form in an injury riddled few years but played on the right several times pretty well in his first two seasons. I remember that goal against Southampton cutting in! Nothing to say that being on the right is the issue imo.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree he will be fighting it out with Boubacar to be first reserve. But neither genuinely displaces Lemina or Gomes which was the main thrust of my discussion point.
I don’t think Lemina or Gomes are consistent enough to say they’re always in the starting eleven, week in, week out. Both have a tendency to go missing.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah Neto is well capable of playing on the right. He hasn't been in the greatest form in an injury riddled few years but played on the right several times pretty well in his first two seasons. I remember that goal against Southampton cutting in! Nothing to say that being on the right is the issue imo.
yep great shout. hell of a goal that one!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Friend of mine is a Fulham fan and he thinks they will struggle. He says Fulham biggest issue is that the football side is headed up by the owners son Tony Khan who is apparently completely incompetent.

He seems more focused on his wrestling company AEW. He is a very “unique” individual as you can see from these pictures of him hugging newly signed wrestlers

View attachment 36905
Mirrors or Jeff then, but he cares more about e-sports that doesn’t do well either…..

Actually harsh on Tony Khan, his AEW promotion is shaking up the wrestling world by all accounts and has made WWE treat and pay their whole roster better not just the main event performers.

All seriousness, you have to be “all in” (PPV pun) and can’t be half assed when it comes to running a football club. That is where both get it wrong.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
My two loves, wolves & AEW ❤️ I was at Wembley and it was amazing. Probably the only time I’ll be at Wembley for a while
Me and my brother went too. Gave a lift to a friend who was is a Liverpool fan. The drive down from Midlands all he was going was "Last time I was here" etc etc nearly left him there.

I can see why though Fulham fans are frustrated with him as a Director Of Football.

Last edited by a moderator:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
It’s “Here We Go Day”. Come on Hobbsy you and the Team are going to have a great day I can feel it in my bones.

I’ve no idea if he’s any good but Victor Hugo please, Bellegade and Adams too.

Cherry on the cake would be the lad from Barca.

Let’s end this thread with a Deadline Day like never before. Over to you Matt

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How have our bigger 'quality' signings worked out in the past?

I'm staggered that you are unable to see we are spending because Nunes sale has brought in a hefty sum up front, as reported by many sports journalists. Hobbs is rightfully getting praised for having a plan in place of whom to go for should that scenario happen.

How is it people are able to whallow in such consistent misery?

If you think is chaotic, then my word.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he will have known.

It's 2 days of training before a game against Blackpool, who cares about that? I'm sure if it'd fallen through, he'd have buckled down.

But imagine you're in his shoes - you're playing for a club you have no particular affinity for. The owners are apparently the worst there are, asset stripping the club around you. The manager is some dull no name you don't respect. No signings are coming in, after your relegation battle last year.

Then one of the biggest and best clubs in the world come in for you, which you wouldn't have expected yet. You don't think it's reasonable to say you're not in the right frame of mind to train? For 2 days ahead of a cup game against some chumps?

Perhaps you'd keep busting a gut in training and risk injury in his situation for the sake of the fans, but you're naive if that's what your expecting most people would do.
I'm trying to think of a way you could be more disrespectful to GON but it's just not coming

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
How have our bigger 'quality' signings worked out in the past?

I'm staggered that you are unable to see we are spending because Nunes sale has brought in a hefty sum up front, as reported by many sports journalists. Hobbs is rightfully getting praised for having a plan in place of whom to go for should that scenario happen.

How is it people are able to whallow in such consistent misery?

If you think is chaotic, then my word.
We have spoilt entitled fans with short term memory loss

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tanganga has gone to Augsburg and a dodgy twitter rumour that Milan have enquired about Sasa

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only reason we are making, relative, waves now is because Hobbs is clearly organised, diligent and prepared.

Shame we have given him 3 days to work his magic and not 3 months, but hey, better than nothing i guess.

1-2 nice surprises today, on the back of a couple of wins, and suddenly there will seem a bit of light at the end of this seemingly never ending tunnel.

Does make it all the more odd (annoying?) than Lopetegui jumped ship but i guess thats for another thread.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Tanganga has gone to Augsburg and a dodgy twitter rumour that Milan have enquired about Sasa
I am off to see Augsburg in a few weeks with a spurs supporting mate. Tickets cost less than our game against Blackpool. 12.50 and include your public transport. Crazy how cheap it is. Plus a beer in the stands always a bonus.

T

TheConcourse

I totally understand the view point. But, let's not pretend it's common, it's very rare for players to go on strike, so you might do it, but most people wouldn't.

Either way, he can do what he wants, he has. But, we can call him a **** next month when he acts like he has.
I dunno, Harry Maguire has been on strike for 18 months..

And fully onboard the **** train. He’ll get some hammering the next time he comes to Molineux.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I understand how it looks, and based on that people would be right to be annoyed. But I'm not at all sure that we've heard the whole story.
I don’t understand what more of the story their can be though?

He’s a 25 year old bloke, contracted to the club who hasn’t shown up for work and it’s been confirmed he hasn’t told the club?

If anyone else knows of anything else that may change peoples views I’d be very interested to hear it but from where I’m standing he’s thrown a strop.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two pages of ****e about wrestling
Not quite what I expected on deadline day...

No worse than having to read endless bickering over whether Nunes is a *%%* or not for going on strike.

Another wrestling reference for the old uns… Eaasay! Eaasay! Eaasay!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hudson-Odoi going on a permanent to Forest for £7m.

Them and Fulham also in talks for a loan for Origi.

Back
Top Bottom