Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Reed looked very tidy against us first home game of the season last year vs Fulham.

Not sure we need him, but I’ve been impressed with him the handful of games I’ve watched him.

Lemina
B. Traore
Gomes
Doyle (potentially)
Hodge (injured)

Seem fairly well stocked.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why people are moaning these people running our great club know what they are doing don't they ????

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And most of our midfield is 22 or younger. We need experienced players.
I agree we do need an experienced face or two but ideally I’d want them to have a few top level seasons under their belt.

Although if it’s £4m, I guess it helps cover those going to the ACON’s for very little. Does show Fulham don’t really value him though if they’re willing to let him go for that so close to the deadline.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought Reed looked very tidy against us first home game of the season last year vs Fulham.

Not sure we need him, but I’ve been impressed with him the handful of games I’ve watched him.

Lemina
B. Traore
Gomes
Doyle (potentially)
Hodge (injured)

Seem fairly well stocked.
I am guessing we would have loaned Hodge out. Which leaves 4. AFCON loses us 2 players.

And Lemina and Gomes will 100% be suspended this season at some point or points.

So if we want to play a midfield 3 it does leave us short.

I get it. I just want us to have a more creative, ball carrying player.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am guessing we would have loaned Hodge out. Which leaves 4. AFCON loses us 2 players.

And Lemina and Gomes will 100% be suspended this season at some point or points.

So if we want to play a midfield 3 it does leave us short.

I get it. I just want us to have a more creative, ball carrying player.
We can have both when he's reportedly £4m. I suspect we will also be looking at a more creative midfielder to come in as more of a Nunes replacement.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah what a fantastic record he has. He is 27 he ain't suddenly going to be a goal machine. He is a back up squad player- we need better. 28 goals in 126 appearances for Southampton.
People are so realistic about goal scorers. One in five is solid at this level.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£4million ??? They have him down at £18 million on transfermrkt . I wouldn't say no at that price of £4 million

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
You’re very motivated by the thread’s page count… have you got shares in this thread? :D
Have invested so much into in since January, I feel I have. It's a world I've been living in for so long, I've nurtured it, seen it grow, been there through the troubled times and now it's finally starting to shine in it's final days. Will miss the old girls when she's gone.

NordicWolf

Reaction score
There is only a few reasons why a HG regular starting midfielder in PL is availible for 4 million.
None of them are good.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Harrison Reed is 29 this season, two years left on his deal. They'll probably want well above what he's actually worth. Were all our eggs in the Diarra basket and now we're scrambling?

Harrison reed has got one year left on his contract, so would be at a cut price.
Back to back posts, incredible haha.

The transfer thread in a microcosm :tearsofjoy:

Andi130

Reaction score
Was hearing all this when Lemina was bought,never any good at Southampton ,bang average,should be getting better etc,he turned out pretty good
Lemina was never bang average. You could argue he was ill disciplined and a bit of a mercenary in his younger days. Old Fanny seems to have brought the man out in him though. That stint he had at Fulham he was absolutely crushing it. Still remember them waxing lyrical on MOTD week, after week.

Harrison Reed......Uninspiring, yes. Solid, no doubt. What we need with Doyle coming in, questionable.

We defo need more progressive midfielders, in my view. Let's see where, and how much of the Nunes money lands shall we!

It's earn your money time Hobbsy!

Back
Top Bottom