Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused so if someone could enlighten me it would be appreciated.

Didn't we turn down this very offer down a few days ago?!
Something a bit iffy gone on behind the scenes for Bueno (CB). Seems were getting him for about £10m when his release clause is £20... from a City owned club. Plus getting Doyle for £5m when he's worth at least double that.

Rowzed

Reaction score
So it’s complicated …even if we had all the facts. I am still amazed that so many people without all the facts want to argue about what is a good deal…very few accept that Hobbs knows what he is doing.
Hobbs certainly seems to know what he is doing.
done in time for the money to be reinvested
solid looking players lined up already with flights booked and terms agreed
added to the recruitment of Sarabia, Cunha, Dawson, Lemina, Gomes and Bentley at Christmas (people will credit Lopetegui but then who persuaded him to come ?)
persuaded Fabio to return,
moved on the summer flops of Nunes and Collins for profits and parked Guedes well out of the way without having to pay his wages
Doyle is a decent player, will certainly fill Hodge’s shoes and save us having to rely too heavily on Boubacar - who repeatedly lost the ball last night
not got too sentimental but got some money for some great servants and moved those out of contract without flinching, Ruben, Raul, Adama, Moutinho,
cleared a large number of players off the wage book and loaned others to the right level
had someone lined up when Lopetegui downed tools just as the season started
He now just has to sell an angry little man to Scotland: coals to Newcastle, but if anyone can he can.

I’m happy
Hobbs is doing the jobs

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But let's see exactly what the details are before commenting further

We'll never know the exact terms. That's limited to the two clubs, the player and his agent.

Was ever thus (at least post-1992, when football started ;))

Hobbs needs to earn his money for the next 54 or so hours now.
I think you mean 34 or so - isn't it 11pm tomorrow for the deadline? Open to correction, of course :)

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't see the issue, I don't think I ever saw anything to suggest he wanted to be here. A few minutes a game to keep us interested, but in truth no consistency. If he had of stayed do you think he was mature and committed enough to offer us more or would his sulk continue?
Good rhythms, how we made a profit is the real genius. Hopefully that's us solvent and in a better position

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll never know the exact terms. That's limited to the two clubs, the player and his agent.

Was ever thus (at least post-1992, when football started ;))

I think you mean 34 or so - isn't it 11pm tomorrow for the deadline? Open to correction, of course :)
Friday mate

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

E&S saying £47m without add ons. Surely that can't be true???
This is nearer the mark imo In the Daily Express

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs certainly seems to know what he is doing.
done in time for the money to be reinvested
solid looking players lined up already with flights booked and terms agreed
added to the recruitment of Sarabia, Cunha, Dawson, Lemina, Gomes and Bentley at Christmas (people will credit Lopetegui but then who persuaded him to come ?)
persuaded Fabio to return,
moved on the summer flops of Nunes and Collins for profits and parked Guedes well out of the way without having to pay his wages
Doyle is a decent player, will certainly fill Hodge’s shoes and save us having to rely too heavily on Boubacar - who repeatedly lost the ball last night
not got too sentimental but got some money for some great servants and moved those out of contract without flinching, Ruben, Raul, Adama, Moutinho,
cleared a large number of players off the wage book and loaned others to the right level
had someone lined up when Lopetegui downed tools just as the season started
He now just has to sell an angry little man to Scotland: coals to Newcastle, but if anyone can he can.

I’m happy
Hobbs is doing the jobs
Here Here

busbcadd

Reaction score
Absolutely ,if it all goes through we have got £35 mils worth of players for £12 mil, so way over the £60 mil we wanted, plus cash up front, which never happens nowadays,and got rid of a player that doesnt want to be here wins all round imo
Smart move if we really did negotiate these purchases to lower the selling fee, as it also reduces the sell-on amount we send back to Sporting

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a rubbish deal if true then. Other journos are saying £60m

It's a rubbish deal because we now can't go and get who we really wanted.
Talented player, but he really wasn't very good for us. Even the last game where he had one of his best games he gave the ball away countless times. I'm not sure even the best coach in the world could sort out being brain dead. But we will find out.

Woolywolf

Reaction score
Swapping a potentially world class player for a few decent squad fillers….glass half empty ay I

jimwolves

Reaction score
Apologies if I’m repeating things that have already been said, but for me this has turned out to be an absolute blessing in disguise.

Selling a player who lets face it, should’ve been our best player but has been absolutely far from it! Contributing very little, with only 1 goal and 1 assist when we signed him to be our creative midfielder. He’s probably only had 4/5 good games maximum and you’d struggle to name those!

Yes we may not have got as much as we had hoped for him, however I think the deal itself is even better than we could’ve imagined. Also the wages he frees up for us to now spend is huge! Could probably get 3 players wages out of that amount.

Hearing that we will be getting €55m all in one lump some immediately, allowing us to sign players which we desperately need! Signing one of the best championship players of the season last year, one of England’s best young talents on loan. The fact it’s a loan to buy is perfect, £5m (valued at £15m+) is a no brainier if he’s good. Send him back if he flops. Signing him on loan also means we pay his current wage (8k a week) rather the inflated rate he would undoubtedly ask for as a new signing. Again allowing us for more wages elsewhere.

And then on top of that to have signed a centre back, again which we desperately needed for what I’m hearing is a reduced rate for what he’s worth is just a huge bonus. Again from the city group so wouldn’t have happened without this deal.

All in all I think if you’d offered us the chance to keep nunes and not sign anybody. Or to sell nunes so that we can sign players, we’d have snapped at the opportunity. I think looking at the players we’ve been linked with since this all started, it looks as if this deal is really going to strengthen our team and our squad. And if anything we will benefit much more from this, rather than it weakening us as other club fans are trying to say. I for one am really excited for the next couple of days. Which as we all know is rare for a wolves fan with deadline day approaching.

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
He's going to go on and become a world beater. Sad how it ended with him being a ****, but this is a huge mistake

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Disappointed in how it ended but have always enjoyed watching him play and think he’ll flourish in that City side.

Having lost our two best players over the Summer, it’s vital that at least some of the players we bring in are able to immediately strengthen the starting XI.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes is the new Denes Rosa! Lauded as some kind of world beater all season when we lose and forgetting the fact he was poor for 98% of his time here. We’re losing a player who NEVER cemented a central midfield place here, good luck to him trying to do that at City. If he starts 15 games this season I’ll be amazed

Wolf616

Groupie
Reaction score
Nunes is the new Denes Rosa! Lauded as some kind of world beater all season when we lose and forgetting the fact he was poor for 98% of his time here. We’re losing a player who NEVER cemented a central midfield place here, good luck to him trying to do that at City. If he starts 15 games this season I’ll be amazed
No-one has even remotely said he's a world beater NOW. But he will go on to be one, trust.

Back
Top Bottom