Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having lost our two best players, we have to get players who improve the starting XI. Doyle and Iheanacho provide useful cover and numbers but they don’t get into our strongest side.
We haven't got the funds for starting 11 players.....and it's too late......the only thing we can do is pad the squad out a bit....

That's the best we can hope for at this stage....

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t expect loyalty, you are right values and morals have changed, but I do expect people to honour contracts, or suffer the legal and financial penalties for not doing so. Footballers are not exempt from employment and contract law, though they do seem to think they are.
But the way a player plays and behaves is discretionary. He can remain at the club but have a negative effect.
I have never heard of unfair , or constructive dismissal or a player being sacked due to not playing at his best.
The law is useless in these situations.

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
LOL you rate him that highly. His stats are poor, he will cost too much. I'd go for Paul Onauchu, there's goals in him, Southampton was just the wrong move.
Did you see him against us last season? He was less mobile than me and I’m 70 next birthday.
I’ve seen statues that move around more than he did.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re John's post about Cunha scoring, I like the guy as well but 2 goals and no assists in the equivalent of 12.5 full games isn't a great return.

Nevertheless, he has the skill and work rate to improve on this :)

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But the way a player plays and behaves is discretionary. He can remain at the club but have a negative effect.
I have never heard of unfair , or constructive dismissal or a player being sacked due to not playing at his best.
No, it is the "understanding" in the football world that no one will use the law that is the problem. It is probably true that most contractual disputes of this nature are settled without actual recourse to the courts, but that is only because it is accepted that the final sanctions exist. In the football world that seems to be absent. There need to be a few test cases to reset the status qou.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be stupid to play poorly in the long run. Letting down the rest of the team would not work well for him. Life would be miserable for him and not do his chances of a move at a later date. If this move does not get done now and he plays well he will be desired by more than just the Mancs.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it is the "understanding" in the football world that no one will use the law that is the problem. It is probably true that most contractual disputes of this nature are settled without actual recourse to the courts, but that is only because it is accepted that the final sanctions exist. In the football world that seems to be absent. There need to be a few test cases to reset the status qou.
Bosman

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man City knew what they was doing making a move late hoping to get him cheap. Pay up or sit out Nunes. They had the money for Paqueta they can cough up for Nunes
This is it isn't it! Has Pep ever praised Paqueta as highly as he did Nunes? Wasn't it £70m for Paqueta, seems a reasonable number to me.

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I always thought once Neves and moutinho left it was only matter of time before ALL the Portuguese contingent moved on ....I think the financial issues have just accelerated it ....mendes is quickly moving his players out ... ASAP.....it's probably why Neto is sulking he can probably see he will be the only one lef

I sit here praying for Fabio to come good. But his conversion rate is bloody awful. Missed two presentable 1 v 1 in the last two games. It’s not good enough. Danny Ings scores both those
Would Ings have been in position to score (or miss)?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you are being very optimistic in the face of the evidence being presented over the last few months but you may be right. Shi might end up being a genius and GON might be manager of the year, Sasa may score 15 and we could win a cup . Again the evidence presented so far is leading me to a less optimistic conclusion but strange things do and xan happen
But what evidence? Really, I’m not being obtuse. We find ourselves on a sticky wicket financially as the safety net we had before from Fosun, isn’t there anymore. So, given our circumstances, what would now be a good season? Survival, mid-table…knocking on the door to Europe?
If Jeff hadn’t had to sell but couldn’t buy, and JL stayed, what would the aim be? I’m sure for most people, (the sane ones) it would be the same answer for both; survival and hope for mid-table.
Nothing from a fans point of view has changed. We’ll still get beaten, sometimes like Brighton, heavily. But we’ll also win some, and some games unexpectedly. It’s going to be hard going at times, but other than that three year magical spell under Nuno, when has it not been. This is football, is it not?
As far as Jeff and Co are concerned, I just don’t know what people expect them to do. He has the financial health of this football club on his shoulders and I’m sure he would’ve preferred Fosun to be in a better financial position to help out, but they’re not.
So let’s look at what Jeff has done to mitigate what could’ve resulted in a Derby/Leeds style financial meltdown at Wolves. He’s sold players that didn’t play. Neves for megabucks but he was leaving anyway. You could say we got lucky but I can imagine Uncle Jorge gave everyone a nudge in the right direction. Nunes may or may not go to City but on this, Jeff is damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t and damned even if he does and the price is wrong. It’s really like people think Jeff is doing **** on purpose just to wind the supporters up. He’s done nothing that warrants the anger and bile towards him, when he’s only doing what needs to be done.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Do any bookies take bets on how many pages the mixes annual summer transfer thread gets to before we make a transfer that involves actually paying or promising to pay something to another football club?
Or is this late Rumour Mill something supposedly ITKs get a kick out of when they see mixers lose it?

blakenhall wolf

Reaction score

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right so turned sour yesterday nunes forcing move, mcatee and Doyle rumoured as part as they were thinking of moving on mcatee with nunes and doku joining

Movements are going to happen late any signings will be wednesday to deadline day
The Mancs are more in a position to do this as they have a stronger squad. Nunes would just be the icing on the cake for them. We have not got that luxury. Nunes staying or going affects the balance of the whole team. If he stays who can we afford to bulk the team out and if he goes who best can we get in with the money we can afford to spend.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t expect loyalty, you are right values and morals have changed, but I do expect people to honour contracts, or suffer the legal and financial penalties for not doing so. Footballers are not exempt from employment and contract law, though they do seem to think they are.
Hmmm.... While l agree l then look at how the club are treating Pod. The other Portuguese players will be well aware....

Back
Top Bottom