Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have the goalposts been moved? We seem very open to selling him but City are lowballing us. If they want him they can pay up it’s not like they can’t afford him.
It's very hard to imagine Wolves signed Nunes for £42m and then agreed to sell him for £47m.

I totally get the point other people are making, and if Wolves rejected a huge bid I would have sympathy for Nunes. Right now, they're nowhere near that.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Ah well, we’d gone a whole weekend without some form of ****storm being announced.

Nunes was definitely training on Friday and obviously, we had the game on Saturday so he can only have done this today (or Sunday at the earliest).

If he has a gentleman’s agreement, which was put in as part of removing the previous £45m clause, I can understand the frustration at what he will see as a reasonable offer coming in from the best side in the world being rejected. But he has to stay professional. It probably suits all parties for him not to do full contact training and risk an injury which puts the deal in doubt.

Regardless, the deal will be done soon and it’s just about how well we reinvest the fee.

The thing that I am most worried about is whether this is another indication of how the Mendes relationship may suffer now that Lopetegui has gone. And whether it is another indication that Fosun (and by extension Mendes) are giving up on us.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have the goalposts been moved? We seem very open to selling him but City are lowballing us. If they want him they can pay up it’s not like they can’t afford him.
We removed the release clause in his contract in January, generally under the understanding that if a CL club come into him that we wouldn't stand into his way. CL champions have and in his eyes, we are standing in his way, granted the market has changed, as evident enough that if you go back to the end of last season selling him for such a price would be considered a good deal.

All this has to be in the context that he joined Wolves as a stepping stone as was made clear when he signed. I don't doubt this was the vision that was sold to him.

I can't really get on board with criticism for him and his actions

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're employer moves the goal posts, do you continue to go in?

Are you against striking?
And this is the point. We don't know what he has been told or promised and whether an agreement has been reneged on. Let's face it, Jeff has form. If someone is shafting you at work, isn't the right to withdraw your labour a basic human right?

Let's just wait till we know the whole story.

And even if he has been badly advised, and has taken this action simply because he wants to force a move, of course we have every right to be frustrated with him and angry.

But that is no excuse for some of the vitriol on here. I swear some people on here should go and get some ****ing therapy rather than pouring out their bile on the mix

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Matheus is not 'trash', 'lazy', 'unprofessional' 'arrogant' or any other of the misinformed nonsense being thrown around.
I agree these are ill-chosen words but it does show someone lacking integrity, loyalty and values so how would you characterise him?

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Lol guy comes in for huge money, ghosts every game bar a few and goes on strike at the first sniff of a move. Hopefully we can agree a fee and get him out of the club.

Agreed - he's been on strike from the first minute he arrived!

GET RID

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
End of the day, Fosun’s mission has always been to “flip” players, regardless of their standing within the fanbase.

If the price is right then it’s a done deal!

Where Fosun come unstuck is when or if we get relegated and the “project” is well and surely over!?

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
As I said in another post, if it turns out to be false.. then I'm the piece of trash for not waiting for more sources. But Ornstein is a pretty good source, so I'm pretty sure it's true.

Your last statement means nothing. I've been friends with people who have done really, really ****ty things and stopped being friends with them. BUT YOU WERE FRIENDS 5 DAYS AGO!? Who cares?

I don't care if you find what I said horrible. If you want to hit the ignore feature, please feel free. But I'm sick of seeing Wolves treated like garbage.
Great choice of words Hawkguy I too am sick and tired of the club being treated as garbage and pariah, partly self-inflicted and partly that loud mouthed Lopetegui

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
City fans

We don’t need a character like this. I will be amazed if we do business under these circumstances. We should walk away and be public about it. He’s not worth the the hassle. He isn’t good enough to be a regular starter, imagine the sulk. Sounds like a right dick..

We seem to have such a settled squad of players.

If Nunes is throwing his toys out of the pram at Wolves there’s nothing to say he won’t do the same at City.

****housery sulking and going on strike..Not the sort of character we want.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you're employer moves the goal posts, do you continue to go in?

Are you against striking?
That's a little different for a few reasons;

1. You're not striking to leave, you're trying to make it worth your while to stay.
2. 99% of strikes, you're respecting your teammates, in this scenario he is not.
3. You can be forced to strike against your will if you're part of a union.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Yep it’s a really, really easy situation.

We turned down £47m as it doesn’t match our valuation. We’re very, very likely to turn down £51m because again, it doesn’t meet our valuation. If we’re going to sell him to Manchester City (one of the richest clubs in the world btw), then they need to stump up what we want. Otherwise, no deal. They found £80m down the back of the settee the other week when they wanted Paqueta, I’m sure they’ve got £65m-£70m for Nunes.

Bang on.

Some weird replies on here - excusing the players behaviour, disputing the fee that Wolves value him at etc.

Quite frankly our only job is to get what the club value him at. If City don’t meet that (and clearly they haven’t yet) then he doesn’t move.

And it’s not just his valuation as a player. It’s also the fact that there is only 4 days left in the window and the mess it would leave us in with trying to get players in.

We don’t owe Nunes anything and we certainly shouldn’t be doing Man City any favours because quite frankly they have unsettled the player by agreeing personal terms and then making a derisory offer for him in the hope that this exact situation would play out - player throws his toys out of the pram and try to force our hand to sell at less than our valuation.

Wouldn’t want some of you around the negotiating table - for once I think the decision makers at the club are playing it perfectly.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me old-fashioned but when I read reports like this it makes me appreciate some of the “lesser”players we’ve had, like Conor Coady, who loved playing for the club and considered it a privilege.
... until he wasn't and he didn't!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will be his agents advice to try and force the move.. sad that it’s come to this.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City fans

We don’t need a character like this. I will be amazed if we do business under these circumstances. We should walk away and be public about it. He’s not worth the the hassle. He isn’t good enough to be a regular starter, imagine the sulk. Sounds like a right dick..

If Nunes is throwing his toys out of the pram at Wolves there’s nothing to say he won’t do the same at City.

He’s winning fans everywhere by the looks of it..

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a little different for a few reasons;

1. You're not striking to leave, you're trying to make it worth your while to stay.
2. 99% of strikes, you're respecting your teammates, in this scenario he is not.
3. You can be forced to strike against your will if you're part of a union.
Striking to force a change? What exactly is Nunes doing again.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me old-fashioned but when I read reports like this it makes me appreciate some of the “lesser”players we’ve had, like Conor Coady, who loved playing for the club and considered it a privilege.
Ah yes...

Wait a minute.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
End of the day, Fosun’s mission has always been to “flip” players, regardless of their standing within the fanbase.

If the price is right then it’s a done deal!

Where Fosun come unstuck is when or if we get relegated and the “project” is well and surely over!?
Your second paragraph appears to be the issue here. The price clearly isn’t right for wolves, hence not a done deal.

I think most understand why he would want to go, but not like this.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exact parallel with Gnonto at Leeds
And we can learn a lot from how Daniel Farke handled that
Told Gnonto he wasn't going anywhere unless Leeds' valuation was met
Sent to train with the 21s
Valuation not met.
Gnonto backs down. Apologises. Re-integrated. Stuffs it in the onion bag at Ipswich

Fridays.s deadline is far too late if we have depended on that for incomings. Set our own deadline to City and make that final. Nunes can play about all day long if we hold our nerve.
Someone should tell him its his career at stake. He is letting down the fans and his team mates. If City really want him then pay our price or he plays for us unless he wants to go without pay.
I believe in the football world at the moment we are seen as an easy touch looking at our history under Fosun so why should the Mancs not approach this deal in the way they have.
Fosun's management skills have been appalling considering the resources they have.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still have a right to only accept what we feel is the right offer for him, without him striking and sulking
Wolves have their right, for sure, but the player also has his rights to not be forced to stay where he doesn't wish to be.

At the end of the day this is still employment.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ahhhh so disappointing that Nunes is doing this. I mean, what’s the point in leaving under such a cloud. Just be professional and let the two clubs sort things between them.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I genuinely don't mean this in a nasty way, but I don't know how you can mock some of the best journalists around given the information you've given on here over the summer. You've been way off on so many things.

Every outlet is reporting he has refused to train, Nunes hasn't disputed it (yet) which you would do considering it's questioning his professionalism. It seems highly unlikely he won't have left by tomorrow, so if he is involved it will end this.

Have I? Much better strike rate than any journo I know of.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Striking to force a change? What exactly is Nunes doing again.
As I said, 99% of strikes you're respecting your teammates or co-workers. Nunes is doing the opposite.

Not to mention, 99.9% of strikes in the workplace are because there is no contract... something Nunes has and should be respecting.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We removed the release clause in his contract in January, generally under the understanding that if a CL club come into him that we wouldn't stand into his way. CL champions have and in his eyes, we are standing in his way, granted the market has changed, as evident enough that if you go back to the end of last season selling him for such a price would be considered a good deal.

All this has to be in the context that he joined Wolves as a stepping stone as was made clear when he signed. I don't doubt this was the vision that was sold to him.

I can't really get on board with criticism for him and his actions
So any CL club could come in with an offer of £1.99 and despite there being nothing in writing, we should just say fair enough if that was your understanding Matteus, good luck and thanks for bothering to show up for work at all in the last 12 months?

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
City fans

The Citeh fabs I know are hardly bowled over by his arrival. A lot of the hype centres around Pep's comment that "he was one of the best players in the world." Has he done enough in his time here to warrant such a claim? Yes (I know, I know) Pep is one of the greatest coaches of all time and knows a universe more than the average mixer, but he's not exactly pulled up trees.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this point I'm on the fence...

Part of me kind of hopes City finds his actions disgusting and decides not to pursue him anymore. But the other part of me doesn't want to see him in a Wolves shirt again.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves have their right, for sure, but the player also has his rights to not be forced to stay where he doesn't wish to be.

At the end of the day this is still employment.
that's as tenuous as saying football clubs should be run as businesses.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s trying to force the club to accept a lowball offer so he can get his move. Purely selfish especially when it’s one of the richest clubs in the world who can easily afford to pay our asking price.
Its a selfish game and a system that works both ways, his clause was removed so we had a player to fight for staying in the league.

Back
Top Bottom