Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hate this group of players sometimes. No balls, no loyalty and no heart.
There is no loyalty amongst players nowadays all money agent driven .. when do players stay 10 years at a club like Bully .. has anyone heard of a testimonial game for a player with long service in many years used to happen regularly in the past 3 years at a club seems to be the average now we were lucky to have Neves for longer

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes on strike? Spoilt child syndrome. Simply ignore, fine him as much as possible and keep playing hard ball with City.£60m or forget it. We can deal with the spoilt brat later. We have him for four years plus an extra year at our discretion. City have the money and it seems have negotiated personal terms behind Wolves's back. Pay up or shut up. Time to show some backbone.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AWB swap for Semedo?

Dier or Lascelles - for CB

Jean-Ricner Bellegarde - CM

Iheanacho - Striker

Would be decent end to the window for us!!

This is an awful window. For all the exits we will still be weaker than the end of last season.

There’s no creativity or spark to these players.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes on strike? Spoilt child syndrome. Simply ignore, fine him as much as possible and keep playing hard ball with City.£60m or forget it. We can deal with the spoilt brat later. We have him for four years plus an extra year at our discretion. City have the money and it seems have negotiated personal terms behind Wolves's back. Pay up or shut up. Time to show some backbone.
I’d ask them to throw Kalvin Phillips into the deal with 52m

About matches the valuations

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is an awful window. For all the exits we will still be weaker than the end of last season.

There’s no creativity or spark to these players.
It’s about squad depth. That is what we need?? Bouby, Toti, Sasa offer spark but never start a game?!

We aren’t going to be signing anymore Nunes / Neves types anymore moving away from Mendes more towards British players apparently

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
Me neither 19 goals and 6 assists season before last

Agreed. We are a side striving to stay in the league. Like it or not, that’s what we are. Yes, we have totally been on a downward trajectory since the Nuno days, but we are where we are. Staying up this season has to be the aim.

He is the type of player we should be going after if the price is right. Experience, can score.

Last season Leicester were terrible. In addition, rightly or wrongly he played circa 1110 mins over 28 games. That’s a total of 12 games scoring 6 and assisting 6.

Raul had similar stats the season prior to us buying him. 8 goals in 1442 minutes in an arguably weaker league.

“Eee aye good enuf for us” ffs

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you want them to sell him for a derisory amount? Lack of ambition when they spent £200m last summer? Is there anything Fosun can do right in your mind?
It's just getting tiring. I can get people wanting them out, or wanting them to sell, or thinking Lopetegui was misled whatever, but its drip drip drip this is **** that is **** no matter what we do everything is ****ing ****.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Neto moan at every other player Saturday for 90 minutes whilst standing still and refusing to take on Ashley young more than twice ****ed me right of
I admired the fact that though nothing was working he continued trying for 90 minutes and then put in the cross for the goal.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d ask them to throw Kalvin Phillips into the deal with 52m

About matches the valuations
Yes we need some creativity to get this deal through. Its only the younger players however who might join us as part of a package and whose wages would not be astronomical. Man City like all of the greed league members will want it all their own way of course so will probably bluff it out till Friday by which time it would be impossible for us to get anyone in. Harwood-Bellis could sort out CB, McAtee for attacking midfield. Plus say £35m-£40 miilion. Done.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. We are a side striving to stay in the league. Like it or not, that’s what we are. Yes, we have totally been on a downward trajectory since the Nuno days, but we are where we are. Staying up this season has to be the aim.

He is the type of player we should be going after if the price is right. Experience, can score.

Last season Leicester were terrible. In addition, rightly or wrongly he played circa 1110 mins over 28 games. That’s a total of 12 games scoring 6 and assisting 6.

Raul had similar stats the season prior to us buying him. 8 goals in 1442 minutes in an arguably weaker league.

“Eee aye good enuf for us” ffs
As said before it’s not that he’s not good enough, it’s that he’s not consistently good enough.

Lesta mate says that he is as inconsistent as they come.

When you have a team that creates limited chances like Wolves, you need your striker to be ready and putting in 7/10s every game, not missing sitters (which he does a lot) and then bagging a worldie every five games.

We need consistency

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we need some creativity to get this deal through. Its only the younger players however who might join us as part of a package and whose wages would not be astronomical. Man City like all of the greed league members will want it all their own way of course so will probably bluff it out till Friday by which time it would be impossible for us to get anyone in. Harwood-Bellis could sort out CB, McAtee for attacking midfield. Plus say £35m-£40 miilion. Done.
They won’t want to give us those two otherwise the deal would of been done by now I’d think. Both of them future England players

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
LOL you rate him that highly. His stats are poor, he will cost too much. I'd go for Paul Onauchu, there's goals in him, Southampton was just the wrong move.

His goals per minute is decent. Scored 19 goals in 21/22, less last season but didn’t play as much.
I’m not saying he would be our top striker but could be good back up to Sasa and Silva for the right price IMO
One year left on contract at Leicester

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It’s about squad depth. That is what we need?? Bouby, Toti, Sasa offer spark but never start a game?!

We aren’t going to be signing anymore Nunes / Neves types anymore moving away from Mendes more towards British players apparently
I thinks its probably more moving away from the mendez cartel. If that happens to be british or from abroad, then so beit.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we don't sell Nunes, a lot of players will become available in these last few days on loans or cheap deals. It might always have been the plan under current financial constraints.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At this point, beggars can't be choosers. Elvedi, Iheanacho and McAtee would represent decent business for the last three days of the window.

I would have been disappointed if offered that at the start of the window but would be pleased with it now. Thank you Jeff for thoroughly managing my expectations.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this point, beggars can't be choosers. Elvedi, Iheanacho and McAtee would represent decent business for the last three days of the window.

I would have been disappointed if offered that at the start of the window but would be pleased with it now. Thank you Jeff for thoroughly managing my expectations.
Agree....that's my hope....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the only thing holding the deal up with City is who we are getting and is it a loan or permanent....I think it's clear we want Mcatee.....might be a compromise on a buy back ..
So I think we should have total agreement in place by the end of tomorrow and hopefully we can all move forward

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Would be very happy with Harwood Bellis and McAtee and would fill two of the positions that GON wants to strengthen…centre forward and wide player then and good to go!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I sit here praying for Fabio to come good. But his conversion rate is bloody awful. Missed two presentable 1 v 1 in the last two games. It’s not good enough. Danny Ings scores both those
Scored the other two when he didn’t know they were offside. Who else looks like scoring? Cunha (much as I like him)?

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no loyalty amongst players nowadays all money agent driven .. when do players stay 10 years at a club like Bully .. has anyone heard of a testimonial game for a player with long service in many years used to happen regularly in the past 3 years at a club seems to be the average now we were lucky to have Neves for longer
I don’t expect loyalty, you are right values and morals have changed, but I do expect people to honour contracts, or suffer the legal and financial penalties for not doing so. Footballers are not exempt from employment and contract law, though they do seem to think they are.

Back
Top Bottom