Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If we sell Nunes, we need both a central midfielder and wide midfielder to replace him (or someone with the capability to play both effectively). Wide midfield becomes even more of a priority with Hwang’s injury and Podence’s impending departure.

So I make that:

1 CB
1 CM
2 Wide Midfielders

As necessities. With a GK and Striker as nice to haves. And that’s before any other departures.

Huge week coming up.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see a big shift towards British players now.
I always thought once Neves and moutinho left it was only matter of time before ALL the Portuguese contingent moved on ....I think the financial issues have just accelerated it ....mendes is quickly moving his players out ... ASAP.....it's probably why Neto is sulking he can probably see he will be the only one left.....

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell Nunes, we need both a central midfielder and wide midfielder to replace him (or someone with the capability to play both effectively). Wide midfield becomes even more of a priority with Hwang’s injury and Podence’s impending departure.

So I make that:

1 CB
1 CM
2 Wide Midfielders

As necessities. With a GK and Striker as nice to haves. And that’s before any other departures.

Huge week coming up.

It's why we really.need to get Doyle AND Mcatee from that deal - perm or loans.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought once Neves and moutinho left it was only matter of time before ALL the Portuguese contingent moved on ....I think the financial issues have just accelerated it ....mendes is quickly moving his players out ... ASAP.....it's probably why Neto is sulking he can probably see he will be the only one left.....
Does Mendes moving his clients out possibly point towards Fosun selling up?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does Mendes moving his clients out possibly point towards Fosun selling up?
Looks that way....it looks like both sides fosun and Gestifute are doing that ...

Always said to the fosun , mendes moaners be careful what you wish for ....well it's Gary O'Neil and put a shift in time AGAIN....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
What a downgrade that would be

Rather have Moulden in goal than that ex albion dosser. Will make us so much weaker. If it happens I give up.
I know he’s ex-Albion (like Bully, Thomson, Dawson etc) but Johnstone is streets ahead of Moulden. And I like Louie.

I don’t think Johnstone for Sa would be a good deal but let’s not get silly.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know he’s ex-Albion (like Bully, Thomson, Dawson etc) but Johnstone is streets ahead of Moulden. And I like Louie.

I don’t think Johnstone for Sa would be a good deal but let’s not get silly.
Johnstone is rubbish it’s not an improvement

We want quality over quantity. He’s the same level as Bentley

At least Sa has shown his improvement yesterday

Would be very disappointed if this happens have to say.

Ex albion or not. Better keepers in the championship that are HG

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We still have Sa, Semedo, Silva, Nunes (yes Nunes) as well as Neto.

Some way to go yet.

Oh and did anyone notice our Pedro kissing the badge after we scored yesterday. No sulking whatsoever!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Johnstone is rubbish it’s not an improvement

We want quality over quantity. He’s the same level as Bentley

At least Sa has shown his improvement yesterday

Would be very disappointed if this happens have to say.

Ex albion or not. Better keepers in the championship that are HG
I don’t disagree with anything in this. My post was about the fact you said you’d rather have Moulden in goal, which I disagreed with.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some way to go yet.

Oh and did anyone notice our Pedro kissing the badge after we scored yesterday. No sulking whatsoever!
What about Toti. Is Mendes his agent?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some way to go yet.

I used to share the optimism up untill about 3-4 weeks ago ...I reckon at least two of those on ya list will be gone by next week and the rest 12 months maximum ...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Palace want to upgrade and we get their cast-off. Club being run on a shoestring with avoiding bottom three apparently the sole aim. Woeful.
To be fair, we just did that with Bournemouth for our managerial appointment, so not out the realms of reality lol

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see a big shift towards British players now.
You can see why though. Many of our foreign players dont seem to want to be in Wolverhampton. Lopetegui said as much and all the noises coming out of the club seem to align with that. For a while we had a portuguese contingent who, as a natural result of being together in a foregn country banded together to create there own social environment, Neves and Moutinho in particualr were family focused so there was less need for a big city environment. That has been dissolving over the last year or two and with Neves and Moutinho gone, the whole model is failing. Its hard to build a team spirit amongst unhappy players.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can see why though. Many of our foreign players dont seem to want to be in Wolverhampton. Lopetegui said as much and all the noises coming out of the club seem to align with that. For a while we had a portuguese contingent who, as a natural result of being together in a foregn country banded together to create there own social environment, Neves and Moutinho in particualr were family focused so there was less need for a big city environment. That has been dissolving over the last year or two and with Neves and Moutinho gone, the whole model is failing. Its hard to build a team spirit amongst unhappy players.
Doesn’t have to be British though.. Hwang and Sasa seem happy to be here and want to play.

I just hope we don’t give up on finding the best talent at the best price.. very hard to unearth talent in the UK, see Alex Scott price tag.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t mean all foreign players don’t want to be there…..

British players can suffer from homesickness too, look at zaha and his time at United.

It is the ones who were forced here by uncle Jorge that have struggled and not wanted to be here add to that cutrone who was forced out of Milan which he didn’t want to do.

Sign players who want to come and that goes away

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So I make that:

1 CB
1 CM
2 Wide Midfielders

Huge week coming up.
It just isn’t happening at all

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last weekend we'd have had all the "I’ll drive him there myself " responses.
I've always backed Sa up......yes he isn't ederson....but I personally think for 7m he has been an excellent signing ...

He isn't faultless by any stretch of the imagination but I think you will struggle to find a better keeper for the fee we paid. .....he has done equally as well overall as the keeper he replaced......he has made some right howlers but he has got us loads of points ...

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm holding out hope we have an incredibly busy end to the window with the sale of Nunes and Semedo.

Doyle
McAtee (Loan)
AWB
Jota (Celtic one)
Elvedi

Rather keep Sa then get Johnson. But if it happens it happens.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm holding out hope we have an incredibly busy end to the window with the sale of Nunes and Semedo.

Doyle
McAtee (Loan)
AWB
Jota (Celtic one)
Elvedi

Rather keep Sa then get Johnson. But if it happens it happens.
Doyle & AWB would improve us somewhat but losing Sa for a championship keeper is a backward step. Elvedi going to Sevilla?

Back
Top Bottom