Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nunes to City

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he is going and the volume of the noise is getting louder than get it done. It would be very Wolves to do it lunchtime on deadline day and run out the we ran out of time line.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
€50m and McAtee on loan would sweeten the sale. Have you heard that maybe in the deal?

I unfortunately have absolutely no idea of remotely what's going on any more. Just very hopeful thinking... that's the deal I would be pushing for, for sure.

City wanting Mattheus could be a blessing in disguise. I think he is a wonderful player on his day, but we can singlehandedly wipe out any financial issues, and use Citys desire to get him to get one or more very promising players on loan from then. Hopefully with an option.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Few on bluemoon forum saying it’s done. They don’t seem that impressed!!!!

Planty

Groupie
Reaction score
Gut feeling this is asset stripping. Fosun tentatively tried to find a buyer for say £250-£300m over the past couple of years.. no takers so they sell the crown jewels for £150m+ and flog the club for whatever in the summer. whether thats being the prem (by some miracle) or the chump.

Last edited:

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I unfortunately have absolutely no idea of remotely what's going on any more. Just very hopeful thinking... that's the deal I would be pushing for, for sure.

City wanting Mattheus could be a blessing in disguise. I think he is a wonderful player on his day, but we can singlehandedly wipe out any financial issues, and use Citys desire to get him to get one or more very promising players on loan from then. Hopefully with an option.
I agree.

A loan player of the ilk of McAtee/Doyle or/and a Harwood-Belliis with possible options would be my best case scenario.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why ? Every player has a price and this is a large price
Yep agree buts it’s only going to weaken us further so we shouldn’t be selling until we have a suitable replacement lined up which is highly unlikely with only 8 days left
So for me I would be gutted and IMO a disgrace by the owners showing no consideration for the team whatsoever, what’s not disgraceful about that?

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. In all honesty he’s never really wanted to be here and he seemed to be expecting a bigger move last summer.

Oh well, at least we got to enjoy 6 good performances from him 12 months.

All we need is Bouby to step up and no injuries or suspensions to any of our midfielders between now and May and I reckon we’ll be ok.
Bouby is nowhere near the quality of Nunes

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't mind players leaving as long as we're getting top dollar for them! City offered 70 million for Paqueta, if I was in charge I would be telling them not to call me until they offered that amount....then we MIGHT talk...

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON will hardly believe his luck, spent 70M in January with Bournemouth and will get to spunk the Nunes and Semedo money on dross here too.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gut feeling this is asset stripping. Fosun tentatively tried to find a buyer for say £250-£300m over the past couple of years.. no takers so they flog the crown jewels for £150m+ and flog the club for whatever in the summer. whether thats being the prem (by some miracle) or the chump.
I've been saying similar for at least a couple of weeks mate.
They've reduced the cost of pretty much every outgoing, whilst increasing the income from fans in the process.
Even the managerial change was a huge cost cutting measure for any prospective new owner to come in, sack the current incumbent for the minimal cost, and replace him with their own man.
They're making it a cheap, blank canvas, IMO.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep agree buts it’s only going to weaken us further so we shouldn’t be selling until we have a suitable replacement lined up which is highly unlikely with only 8 days left
So for me I would be gutted and IMO a disgrace by the owners showing no consideration for the team whatsoever, what’s not disgraceful about that?
Because none if this happens if Kev doesn't get injured and the naughty boy isn't being investigated....all very recent. Personally don't believe the " this has been going on for a while".

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People thinking Nunes is worth 60m plus ffs

No chance

8 days of the window left.
City were willing to spend 80M+ on their first choice.
I'd bet they'd be willing to spend close to that on Nunes.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How can Nunes agree terms before we have accepted a bid?
Surely that's City tapping up our player?
Not that the PL give a **** how many times City break the rules...
Yep - surely we only allow the player to talk to interested club once we have accepted a bid?

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Late to the party, but for what it's worth I think Nunes is POTENTIALLY a fabulous footballer, but he shows far too many times that he isn't willing to really work for the team. He tackles from the wrong side, loses the ball too easily by dribbling out of trouble when a simple pass was on (although I accept that his ability to wriggle out of challenges is fantastic... mostly!) and is imply unwilling to track back as quickly as opponents are sprinting forwards.

in a top side he will look fantastic, but for us, we need people who will do the hard graft AS WELL as the fancy stuff.

50m Euro in this current inflated market for midfielders is surely too low, but £60m would probably get it done ... especially if we have the pick of a couple of top City academy players.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At best we'll sign Brownhill and Elvedi, ****ing clowns

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just pulling your leg mate, was just funny to read it 5 pages into a thread that’s based on the exact same info.

Deleted anyway, wasn’t trying to start anything.
Of course mate. My response was jokey, sometimes you cant read into text. All good bro.

I logged on to this thread without reading the whole of it. My contact told me about half hour ago. Ha

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. The biggest (only) weakness to his game is that he is very emotional and hot-headed at times. Genuinely think it was frustration and how the afternoon had panned out boiling over.

Absolutely idiotic sending-off but I don’t for one minute think it was pre-meditated.
Exactly. His eyes had gone and he’d completely lost his head at the time, he’s got previous for it so there is no way on earth he got sent off on purpose it’s just stupid to think that.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally I haven’t been very impressed with Nunes especially considering the price tag and plaudits he received before signing but unless we can re-invest that money in double quick time on genuine quality players it will be a mistake to sell him. I didn’t want to believe it but there’s no way of trying to ignore the basic facts in that it looks like we’re being asset stripped by Fosun. I don’t get it because there’s no value in us as a Champ club again?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bidding war please.... Liverpool still need a midfielder, and its been a few minutes at least since Chelsea spunked a fortune on someone they don't really need.

Liverpool need holding midfielders not so much Nunes, Would be nice though

Back
Top Bottom