Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was relatively happy with the squad we have, although desiring a centre back and ideally a striker, but if we get rid of Nunes and Semedo for barely more than we paid for them and don't reinvest, then my attempt at a balanced view for this season is out of the window.

Arc

Groupie
Reaction score
Sarkic
Semedo Collins Coady Giles
Traore Neves Moutinho Nunes
Raul Podence

V

Sa
Doherty Dawson Kilman RAN
Neto Gomes Lemina Traore B
Hwang Fabio

Which team wins? Them that’s gone or potentially going or them that’s staying

**** show
We ain't gonna be playing Traore as a wide midfielder. Nunes imo should be in the middle but he has traits that allow him to play wide too, I don't think any of our other cm's could do the same out wide. 2 of Cunha/Fabio/Sasa as a front 2 with hwang and neto out wide.

DeWolfMan60

Reaction score
If I had a season ticket I'd send it back and do them under the trades description act! What a way to treat your loyal fan base!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So we're making nothing on him ?
We'll make very little if we sell for a straight €50m. Seems crazy. Surely we reject a first offer, especially as its a seller's market for Prem midfielders atm.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we're making nothing on him ?

No, it’s 10% of the profit goes to Sporting, so we would keep 90% of it. So for example, we paid Sporting 40m, we sell him to City for 60m, then they get 10% of the 20m profit, which is 2m, and we pocket 58m (18m profit). Of course the book profit is greater because we’ve already amortised 8m of his original 40m fee, so our book profit would be 26m.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
If Paqueta is worth £80 million then so is Nunes if Fosun accept 50 million euros for him it would suggest to me that they are asset stripping and now rumours of Man Utd looking at Semedo whats next Kilman to Napoli and Ran to Nice we need 3 players on top of what we have not sell more

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worst case scenario is if he goes and we dont replace him.
The (also) worst case scenario is if he goes and we use the money to sign cloggers like Brownhill!

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Mendes doing his best to move his clients on..I reckon something is happening (new owners) why else would we be depleting our squad?

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If not more money and reinvested..plus a cheeky loan or two from city then im 100 % done with fosun

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I just feel sorry for everyone that has invested themselves, their money and their hopes and even their futures in Wolves currently. ST holders, posters on MM, all the people behind the scenes at the club, the players left and their families, Hobbs even GON and Derry. They are all being let down.

I don't think anyone beyond Jeff should have been able to foresee what has gone on this Summer. It is indefensible and I just can't understand the optimists on here always looking on the bright side- it is just terrible what is happening.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I ask why they are clueless ?
No, I think they know exactly what they are doing. This is a deliberate plan to extract as much money from the club as possible at the risk of getting us relegated. Big gamble and absolutely no consideration for the fans.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If anything they're pretty much on point for selling the club.
Are we ? I thought we were a bit stuck for cash and would only sell our best asset if a big bid came in. Lo and behold.....

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, I think they know exactly what they are doing. This is a deliberate plan to extract as much money from the club as possible at the risk of getting us relegated. Big gamble and absolutely no consideration for the fans.
We shall see

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we ? I thought we were a bit stuck for cash and would only sell our best asset if a big bid came in. Lo and behold.....
Great news, it'll JL those much needed funds.... waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiit.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes doing his best to move his clients on..I reckon something is happening (new owners) why else would we be depleting our squad?
You don't deplete an asset if want a good price.
Keeping your best players make the club worth more money.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah, our multi billionaire owners are just stuck for a bit of cash.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news, it'll JL those much needed funds.... waaaaaaaaaiiiiiiit.
City don't bid if Kev stays fit and the other main target is a bit of a naughty boy. All after JL decided he couldn't stomach the fight.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You don't deplete an asset if want a good price.
Keeping your best players make the club worth more money.
This argument has been made all Summer. It's not stopped them though has it? They are preparing us for relegation. If they weren't, they would be throwing some money at it right now, not selling off more of the family silver.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City don't bid if Kev stays fit and the other main target is a bit of a naughty boy. All after JL decided he couldn't stomach the fight.
Alright buddy, Jeff isn't going to **** you.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This argument has been made all Summer. It's not stopped them though has it? They are preparing us for relegation. If they weren't, they would be throwing some money at it right now, not selling off more of the family silver.
Again, we have only sold one piece of silverware. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom