Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No mention of Shi or Fosun in JL, quotes
i noticed the same.
all about what he doesn’t say
So now we have no backroom staff apart from a GK coach, how much has it cost to pay them off then ? same price as it would have taken to bring Elvedi in ? ****ing shambles
and that’s the worst thing.
whose on training? Doris?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't afford to buy players but we can afford to pay off Julen and all his backroom team? This will continue until Jeff, or Guo, or Fosun are removed. They will not employ anybody with the gumption to stand up to them.
Of course they won’t. The next Jeff will be instructed in the exact same way. The ones in these positions are the scape goats and Jeff will take the flak for fosuns management

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can't afford to buy players but we can afford to pay off Julen and all his backroom team? This will continue until Jeff, or Guo, or Fosun are removed. They will not employ anybody with the gumption to stand up to them.
Paying him a pound a week pal

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL has proven himself to be every bit the mercenary that was suggested prior to his appointment.

He kept us up against the odds but, alas, the fact he has quit now, instead of months ago, says a huge deal about the man.

He leaves us in a much better position than the one in which he found us but it's hard to feel anything but anger towards him.

I'm sure that there will be a Ballague exclusive interview within a day detailing how he is the good guy.

The balance of probability suggests he was told false information but the manner in which he conducted himself was poor.

Fosun deserve a lot of ire too.

We probably will stay up as it's a poor league and we have a decent team but Fosun seem to be doing their level best to stop that

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought this was interesting.

"Talks have been ongoing in recent weeks, held with the utmost respect and cordiality, affording the club time and space to begin work on finding a successor, while also ensuring that Julen and his backroom staff could continue their planned preparation to ensure the playing squad would be in the best possible condition for the start of the Premier League season."

It's obscene.

Julen has hung in presumably only for a pay off on the best terms?

Meanwhile he prepares a squad when he knows he's leaving and we get someone completely different in?

Heads need to roll for this.

Not backing a man they tried to hard to get.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balague:

Lopetegui told me a few days back that when he first arrived the club had told him that, if he managed to save Wolves from relegation last season, he would be able to sign players, not the most expensive ones, but young and talented players. It was an exciting prospect.

At the end of the season he was told this was not the case, but he could recruit players on free transfers. He had to consider his position but finally accepted that was the new target and challenge.

Then, as is public after the club wrote a statement, he was told that even this was not possible and that he could sign nobody.

Lopetegui's frustration results from the fact that he believes Wolves bosses moved the goalposts twice.

This is a manager who has coached Spain and Real Madrid, and won a European title for Sevilla.

He thought being in the Premier League was the next step to take in that stellar career but feels the club has gone backwards.

He told me in the interview that he had absolutely no problem with those that run the club day to day.

But I have the impression that the people who take the final decisions at Wolves were not telling him the full picture.

Obviously it is now a project for another manager.

Lopetegui believesWolves haven't taken full advantage of what he brings and haven't given him the opportunity to use his talent, contacts and worth to improve the squad, and make Wolves a regular top-10 club with hopes of Europe, which is what he was told when he chose to leave a personal situation behind to manage them.

Wolves have had time to look for a replacement as I am sure conversations about his future have taken place for a while.

Lopetegui managed to prepare the team in a solid pre-season, but one that has shown also an alarming lack of depth.

---

Couldn't even sign free transfers!!

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes a mockery that we have lost a top manager because of a small risk that we may get a points deduction, and instead have guaranteed us a points deduction by losing a top manager and replacing him with a novice.

**** you Fosun. Just get out of our club

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe we're staring down the barrell of Gary O'Neil. I'll back him though if he does become the coach.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sound like the decision was made weeks ago and he’s just carried on preparing the team.

Wisdomwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The club would have taken legal advice, and I suspect something was promised in the job interview and noted by JL representatives, such that the club are on shaky ground and have to compromise. Trouble is JL and his crew are going to screw the club for as much as they can get.
Not sure about that. It is not unusual or uncommon for a company to say circumstances have changed leading to a change in strategy. They can’t be beholden. Without looking at the detail of the contract it is difficult to second guess, but I would suggest it’s not so clear cut for Lop to sue the club. To avoid the inevitable messy and protracted employment courts a sensible compromise, my guess would be six months salary, was reached.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said earlier, the story I was given (from fairly close to the horse’s mouth) was it was a ‘Hail Mary’, last-ditch attempt to try and get the club to stick to the previously announced Plan B. He loved the way the fans took to him and wanted to stay but felt that having the goalposts moved a second time was a step too far.

Was a shot to nothing really. Without the investment, things were going to come to a head anyway.
Correct.

And he was absolutely correct to leave at this point, he was getting messed around by his employer.

I have a genuine absolute hate for Fosun and the unfortunate reality is that relegation is one of the few ways we can be relinquished of them.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the statements it seems he’s pretty much been gone since plan B went out the window, but they agreed he would stay on till they got replacement lined up

T

TheConcourse

How ****ing dare Julen ask for players to improve our football club.

How ****ing dare he. Disgrace.

Some of you lot are so naive to the spin that Jeff has put on things. It’s quite literally mad.

The acid test will be how well the next manager is backed in the market, right? Expect nothing.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Balague:

Lopetegui told me a few days back that when he first arrived the club had told him that, if he managed to save Wolves from relegation last season, he would be able to sign players, not the most expensive ones, but young and talented players. It was an exciting prospect.

At the end of the season he was told this was not the case, but he could recruit players on free transfers. He had to consider his position but finally accepted that was the new target and challenge.

Then, as is public after the club wrote a statement, he was told that even this was not possible and that he could sign nobody.

Lopetegui's frustration results from the fact that he believes Wolves bosses moved the goalposts twice.

This is a manager who has coached Spain and Real Madrid, and won a European title for Sevilla.

He thought being in the Premier League was the next step to take in that stellar career but feels the club has gone backwards.

He told me in the interview that he had absolutely no problem with those that run the club day to day.

But I have the impression that the people who take the final decisions at Wolves were not telling him the full picture.

Obviously it is now a project for another manager.

Lopetegui believesWolves haven't taken full advantage of what he brings and haven't given him the opportunity to use his talent, contacts and worth to improve the squad, and make Wolves a regular top-10 club with hopes of Europe, which is what he was told when he chose to leave a personal situation behind to manage them.

Wolves have had time to look for a replacement as I am sure conversations about his future have taken place for a while.

Lopetegui managed to prepare the team in a solid pre-season, but one that has shown also an alarming lack of depth.

---

Couldn't even sign free transfers!!
How can anyone blame Julen after reading that?

Back
Top Bottom