Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming he goes, it could hardly have been at a worse time. That lies with JL.
Lopetegui's done exactly what he said he'd do back in May.

He agreed to stay on the basis that Fosun promised to back him with signings. It obviously hasn't happened.

Reports from Relevo in Spain (who broke the news in the first place) said back in May that he agreed to stay as he was promised there would be more arrivals than departures, and if not, tensions would return again in August.

Fosun lying to make him stay has caused this & now they're dealing with the consequences. If they couldn't see this happening, then they're more naive than I thought.

Last edited:

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Months ago JL whined …….it happens.

But THAT was the time to either commit or leave. That’s what a real man does.

Now this………a few days before the season starts.
Again, on the basis of promised signings, he did commit back in May

It’s all there to see from way back in May. the blame lies with Shi for thinking Lopetegui didn’t have the cojones to force an exit when lies came out & the goalposts had been moved:

“He has good offers, but the club guarantees that there will be many more signings than departures. We will see if it is like that or in August the tension continues.”

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No doubt Shi will come out with a load of bulls##t now saying it was all amicable, no one's to blame for this apart from him, he's made a right balls up of this and lost us the best manager we're like to get. Watch this space

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If I’d been spoon fed bull**** by my employer I would wait until such a time that they need me, and I’d walk.

All this that’s what a real man does talk is because this is happening to wolves. Anyone that lets their boss walk all over them is a mug.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine these players seeing a ****ing completely inexperienced muppet with no connection to the club walking in to take the reigns from someone like JL.

Actually defies belief we're even speaking to O'Neil let alone apparently fixated on him. Can't get my head around it.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only a very ignorant person would put a poor manager in charge of a multi million pound squad .

If JL goes we have to have a very competent manager lined up . But who can identity such a man . Certainly not Shi . Mendes got Nuno and JL on board ,
Fosun will pay the heaviest price . But it is their responsibility. Guo and Mendes are key .

Last edited:

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

sounds a bit like covering his back to me, and Scott Parker's continuing whinging all season at Boscombe and AFC Bournemouth.

If true,?

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's odd if a financial package is what's being discussed.
Maybe, Hobbs is simply giving JL the details of Wolves solicitors (address etc) and the need to clear his effects from Molineux. After that a few pints in a decent pub followed by a handshake and then back to business.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I’d been spoon fed bull**** by my employer I would wait until such a time that they need me, and I’d walk.

All this that’s what a real man does talk is because this is happening to wolves. Anyone that lets their boss walk all over them is a mug.
Yes, but he doesn't want to walk. He wants to be paid a king's ransom to leave. It's grubby in the extreme. Remember, whatever this money-grabbing parasite takes from the club means less to spend (if we spend at all)!

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
Again, on the basis of promised signings, he did commit back in May

It’s all there to see from way back in May. the blame lies with Shi for thinking Lopetegui didn’t have the cojones to force an exit when lies came out & the goalposts had been moved:

“He has good offers, but the club guarantees that there will be many more signings than departures. We will see if it is like that or in August the tension continues.”

Not sure I buy that quote - I don’t think anyone on here would have even expected there to be “many more” arrivals than departures. That would have been an outrageous lie even for Shi’s standards.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You misunderstand my post in your desperation to get a dig in at me. I was commenting on the total silence on Wolves twitter about anything today, which is unusual. You have had a mare there SteveBullsKnee.
No mare from me, you should explain yourself better. Though I’m sure it’s hard to concentrate today with all your excitement at impending doom.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

After impressing the Wolves hierarchy? Did the conversation go something like

Jeff: Hello Gary, we don't have a pot to **** in, have no money for signings and will be selling more players to pay for your predecessor's pay off. Want the job?

GON: Yessir
Phillips said he is a more impressive character in person than he comes across at times, and Jeff has a history of being charmed by candidates who "speak well", to the point he will overlook their glaring inexperience and deficiencies. His inability to do his due diligence on candidates will be his downfall.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure I buy that quote - I don’t think anyone on here would have even expected there to be “many more” arrivals than departures. That would have been an outrageous lie even for Shi’s standards.
So a very reliable source from Spain which:

Broke the news of him staying 3 weeks before Percy did

Broke the news of who Lopetegui’s backroom staff would be,

Broke the news on Sarabia signing,

Broke the news on Neves being sold to Al-Hilal,

& Have been bang on the money in terms of saying at the time, & in that same tweet & article, that if Lopetegui didn’t get the signings he’s been promised that tension would return in August

Are wrong?

The article states “The owner promises to invest, as Julen demanded, to improve the squad.”

Last edited:

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If JL goes and O'Neil is in , I say O'Neil will be gone by December, a volatile molineux will destroy shi and the morale of the team will be shot to bits by this nonsense. O'Neil is Jeff's next scapegoat.

His initials are literally GON

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If JL does indeed depart,as looks likely, I'd sooner have Rob Edwards than O'Neill,at least he's a wolf.

Yeah, but I think he’s smarter than to walk into this poo show. His best bet is to wait for O’Neil to get fired, and Luton to be rock bottom, and then to try and save our sinking ship.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If JL does indeed depart,as looks likely, I'd sooner have Rob Edwards than O'Neill,at least he's a wolf.
No brainer. We have a 10-12 position squad (per second half last season). O’’Neill is a manager who did brilliantly to get a tune out of a 16-19 position squad and stay up. With O’Neill the mentality will be let’s avoid relegation lads - this squad isn’t built for that. Disaster.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you know what most my anger isn't even that Lopetegui is leaving (well actually maybe a little!) but actually more the fact Jeff Shi is clearly so unprofessional and not able to handle situations and allowed this to carry on until THE WEEK our season starts!! It's so unbelievably amateur and if it was any other club we would all be laughing!

We all saw this coming yet here we are...

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
have to look at JL and say he has not exactly behaved very well in this saga either. Leaving your employer stranded as the season is about to start.
Looks like hes gonna get what he wanted though which is to leave. Will go straight to saudi i reckon. Attitude stinks though
And to think this was fosuns saviour.

Lets be honest nobody looks good in this situation, handled terribly.
Happy clappers still reckon we are on track though so all good :tearsofjoy:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure i understand everyone defending Julen?!?

He is a bit of a rat, lets be honest.
They all come out of it looking bad and said the other day with this and his past issues, owners/chairman will have a few doubts hiring him in the future...... Saying all that out of all the people involved in this mess he isn't the worse for sure!

Back
Top Bottom