Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

dougandiehard

Reaction score
Have I missed something here ? As far as I'm aware JL hasn't spoken publicly in recent weeks so isn't all this pure speculation ?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I want to know is….has anything new or different actually happened?
The daily mail recycles headlines from the Balague interview (again, since everyone picked it up immediately after it happened), then all the aggregators and click-merchants rehash that, so all of a sudden you’ve gone from a situation that was meant to be simmering down or at least an uneasy truce, to full scale war again, without any new information or genuine changes.

Can only assume it’s because of the contact with O’Neill apparently surfacing, but when was that?
Is this supposed to have happened over the last couple of days, pointing to further worsening of the relationship, or was it when JL first threw his toys?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Except he's doing the job he is paid to do.
He kept us up last season.
Right now the squad are looking the fittest they have been under Fosun, managing to sustain a press for the majority of 90mins.
The pre season results have been good.
Squad morale is high.

What's wrong with calling for a little more? We are one or two injuries away from disaster, such is the state of the squad depth.

A top class manager will always demand more from everybody - his players, the club. He wants to win.
It's actually the thing, least from me (and I said the same after the match) is that after Rennes I could see why JL wanted more. The nucleus is great, the squad looks good, but you add in a Scott, Elvedi and a solid backup striker and suddenly this squad is great, fit and covered all over the pitch and could really make a splash in the season.

From the managers pov, I can really understand the frustration,especially as I'd feel that JL would be eyeing up cup run where we need fresh fit legs.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
At Leicester I remember 3000 Wolves fans singing Bruno Lage's Barmy Army almost without a break for 90 minutes.

Can't somehow imagine Gary O'Neil's Barmy Army getting any sort of airing at Old Trafford. More likely 100 minutes of Jeff Shi Must Go.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At Leicester I remember 3000 Wolves fans singing Bruno Lage's Barmy Army almost without a break for 90 minutes.

Can't somehow imagine Gary O'Neil's Barmy Army getting any sort of airing at Old Trafford. More likely 100 minutes of Jeff Shi Must Go.
I've got a few mates who are loyal, home and away types. This is the first time I've heard them openly moaning, and even uttering the word 'if JL goes, then I'm done.'

Seems like this is a straw that'll break the camels back!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For ****'s sake they could buy Elvedi for what they'll have to pay JL and his team to go

Does Shi seriously think that Cunha, Nunes, Neto and the rest of them won't see O'Neil for the League 1 manager he clearly is?

He barely speaks English, let alone Spanish or Portuguese.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Once you start a spiral like this in the media you cannot just turn it off like a Mr Whippy it has to have an end game. :(

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got a few mates who are loyal, home and away types. This is the first time I've heard them openly moaning, and even uttering the word 'if JL goes, then I'm done.'

Seems like this is a straw that'll break the camels back!

I will be expressing my displeasure to Wolves without any MolMox filter getting in the way. Frankly such is the mess they’ve collectively made of this, I feel a little like Heston at the end of the original Planet of the Apes film!

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matt Hobbs mid June

“When it’s such a long race, the summer window, it’s a lot of posturing – waiting for your moment, and with every player you want to sign, there’ll always be a moment. It won’t be like the winter, where we go for six and get all six, because the summer is different because more clubs are spending money. We feel we’re in a good position for a number that we like, but obviously we have to make sure the finances balance out. What’s still a big pull for people is Julen. Players want to come and play for this manager.”

The number is a big fat zero and installing a new manager that's cheap, with no pull whatsoever but who won't complain lol. Cracking stuff Jeff

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For ****'s sake they could buy Elvedi for what they'll have to pay JL and his team to go

Does Shi seriously think that Cunha, Nunes, Neto and the rest of them won't see O'Neil for the League 1 manager he clearly is?

He barely speaks English, let alone Spanish or Portuguese.
No chance he gets a tune out of some of the players in our squad.

Shi is a moron of the highest order.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how players will react, whether Nunes , for example, will want to leave if Lopetegui goes. He really has shafted the club by doing this in public, and he must have known the consequences of his public complaining. This should have been done professionally and with dignity and integrity. He's done this just before the start of a new season and it will be extremely damaging to our club.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder how players will react, whether Nunes , for example, will want to leave if Lopetegui goes. He really has shafted the club by doing this in public, and he must have known the consequences of his public complaining. This should have been done professionally and with dignity and integrity. He's done this just before the start of a new season and it will be extremely damaging to our club.

Not as damaging as a couple of injuries to our squad.

Relegation coupled with Jeff having already secured borrowing against Premier League TV money until 2025 would be horrendous.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm going to have to eat some serious humble pie, aren't I? Was adamant he wouldn't walk but I'm not so sure after the last 24 hours.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

If he knew all this why didn't he quit weeks ago or ask for a settlement why wait until the eve of the season to drag the club through the mud some more whips up the fanbase

We should be getting behind the team not all this stupid tantrums from one side or the other

dougandiehard

Reaction score
The good news, we get to see more games in the Championship, smaller crowds, car parking less problematical, easier to get to away games.

Just joking, trying to lighten a very dark cloud hanging over our club.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did Fosun act professionally and with dignity when they kept moving the financial goalposts?

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just when you feel the season can't get any worse. You have a little bit of hope when you see the way lopetegui has got them playing in pre season, then that gets ripped away and they put a plonker in charge, FOSUN OUT

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the media have whipped this up into a bit of a frenzy. Other than a bit of due dilligence on the clubs part, there's nothing new here.

It's being painted as an irretrievable situation - yet most have no idea what's been agreed behind the scenes and what promises haven't been fulfilled.

I'm still hopeful they can agree a strategy going forward which all parties are happy with, and we can build on the promising start to the season.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
In two minds with this whole thing. Part of me thinks JLO has known the situation all summer, the squad still has lots of quality and he was healthily backed in January so should just get on with the job at hand. The other part of me agrees with him being annoyed and wanting to strengthen after bringing in over 80m on transfers. Lastly how much of this is even true or is it the usual BS being spread by the media. After all the talk of JLO's future all summer I would have been disappointed if Jeff Shi hadn't got a plan B sorted and ready so im glad we have spoken to other managers

Back
Top Bottom