Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
So after that friendly and dependent on no first teamers leaving. We need a cb, creative cm and a striker and we are set. Come on Hobbs/Fosun sort us out
Annoyingly we have already identified them in Elvedi and Scott but don’t seem to be able to get them over the line….praying we somehow find a way because we are literally maybe just those 2 away from being a VERY good side!….

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Annoyingly we have already identified them in Elvedi and Scott but don’t seem to be able to get them over the line….praying we somehow find a way because we are literally maybe just those 2 away from being a VERY good side!….
Agree..
Striker really not an issue for me anymore. Cunha, Silva and Sasa will get goals.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Agree..
Striker really not an issue for me anymore. Cunha, Silva and Sasa will get goals.
Absolutely mate…think it makes it all the more annoying as we literally are that close! Come on Guo…loosen the strings a bit!!

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wo
Absolutely mate…think it makes it all the more annoying as we literally are that close! Come on Guo…loosen the strings a bit!!
I would genuinley be ok losing a few more like podence, jonny, cundle etc and bringing one back up central defender that can ideally be challenging with dawson as his legs inevitably go with age. The core of the first team is just fine and one central defender away from having 2 competing for each position.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hamer & Piroe - both from the champ could get them for 20/25m - they would add some fire power to our game. Know where the net is. Something we lack

Yerry Mina or Phil Jones would do a job as 4th choice cover for CB & both free agents

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is in jest right?

Do you not remember the end of the season before last? (Wouldn’t blame you, I’ve tried to erase it from my memory bank) It could be argued he did well initially after returning from his successive knee injuries, but after that there were plenty of calls for him never to be seen in a wolves shirt again after the efforts or lack there of he put in.

Edit: I missed the spit dig
I have watched a lot of the games Jonny has played in and before his injuries he was up there with the best full backs, since his second injury he has not come close to his pre injuries form and has lost a lot of pace, however he can never (in my opinion) be accused of lack of effort, pace yes effort no, Obviously he needs moving out now as he is taking up a valuable squad place, we may need to loan him out or release him on a free because I can't see many higher league teams will be wanting him, it would perhaps be ideal for him if he could get fixed up in Saudi.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
I wo

I would genuinley be ok losing a few more like podence, jonny, cundle etc and bringing one back up central defender that can ideally be challenging with dawson as his legs inevitably go with age. The core of the first team is just fine and one central defender away from having 2 competing for each position.
Bang on mate! Surely if we still lose Sarkic, Podence, Jonny and Cundle, that will give us the funds to bring in at least Elvedi?…It’s gutting knowing we have two ready and willing to join us that could really make a difference and strengthen the squad yet we can’t quite get them over the line.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I have watched a lot of the games Jonny has played in and before his injuries he was up there with the best full backs, since his second injury he has not come close to his pre injuries form and has lost a lot of pace, however he can never (in my opinion) be accused of lack of effort, pace yes effort no, Obviously he needs moving out now as he is taking up a valuable squad place, we may need to loan him out or release him on a free because I can't see many higher league teams will be wanting him, it would perhaps be ideal for him if he could get fixed up in Saudi.
I suggest you go back and watch the Brighton game in particular. You might change your tune.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because from what we understand, Scott is a primary target, has been extensively scouted by the recruitment team and has been approved by then manager.

A Mendes panic special will probably be none of those things.
Judging by the way we set up and played against Celtic and Luton, I am not sure which position Scott plays in, unless Nunes is leaving or he is Nunes understudy, or alternatively he is playing inside right or left alongside Cunha instead of Sarabia or (tonight) Hwang????

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Judging by the way we set up and played against Celtic and Luton, I am not sure which position Scott plays in, unless Nunes is leaving or he is Nunes understudy, or alternatively he is playing inside right or left alongside Cunha instead of Sarabia or (tonight) Hwang????

My assumption is that he’s seen as the replacement for Nunes, with Nunes perhaps leaving next summer with sufficient book/ffp profit by then, that it covers Scott’s purchase price this summer. If so, we’ve effectively bought an AM for zero net fee, but who has the potential to be worth 50m+ in a few years time.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is interesting that a couple of respected and reliable journalists are reporting Bournemouth making a 25m move for Scott, but the local journalist down there, who you’d think was fairly clued in, says not. Still think he’s not worth it at 25m, but if he is JL’s key target, then it’s hard for us to play hardball if we have the funds.
Interesting that people doubt the Guess and Stir journos in Wolvo but somehow think that their South Coast equivalents will be massively clued in.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hamer & Piroe - both from the champ could get them for 20/25m - they would add some fire power to our game. Know where the net is. Something we lack

Yerry Mina or Phil Jones would do a job as 4th choice cover for CB & both free agents
Yerry Mina - big wages, great for about five half games per season, otherwise permacrocked.... source: Everton ST holder

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a fun evening with a well connected and knowledgable West Ham fan. No gossip but he did say Cresswell won't add anything for us. Certainly makes sense why we won't pay £5m for him. He said the opposite about Dawson and was proved right.
Really hope RAN stays and then we don’t need to sign Creswell anyway.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
Selling RAN to buy Cresswell - absolute madness based on last night
Selling Fabio to buy Che Adams - sheer ****ing lunacy
But turning down £17m for Hwang. If Carlsberg did ****-ups, Jeff...
Hwang did ok last night no? 17m wouldn't of been reinvested anyway. He's a good worker

As you say, criminal if we sell Fabio and RAN to replace with utter dross. Would give such a bad vibe to the fans

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we got Elvedi and a number nine on loan would that be enough?
I would love us to get Scott but if we are skint do we really want to spend 25 million on a position where are already well stocked?

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we got Elvedi and a number nine on loan would that be enough?
I would love us to get Scott but if we are skint do we really want to spend 25 million on a position where are already well stocked?
Well stocked?

Neto and Sarabia are our only credible wide options. We need Scott (I have no idea why we loaned Chiquinho out) to provide completion and creativity from wide.

I don't think we need a 9 at all.

We all know we need a CB but probably a 3rd/ 4th choice one. It shouldn't be that hard to find.

Elvedi and Scott should be here now if Fosun weren't playing silly buggers.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well stocked?

Neto and Sarabia are our only credible wide options. We need Scott (I have no idea why we loaned Chiquinho out) to provide completion and creativity from wide.

We all know we need a CB but probably a 3rd/ 4th choice one. It shouldn't be that hard to find.

Don’t get me wrong I would have loved us to have signed both but Elvedi is clearly the player that we need the most out of the two so why not concentrate on getting that over the line.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well stocked?

For me I'd have Scott in as an option there, Hwang can then cover out wide & up front.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
This Scott deal has gone on too long, I'd be more than happy to pass on this deal. We played well last night but I agree with if we could get Elvedi and a striker in I think that would be enough. Traore & Gomes were good together..Silva and his link up play last night was a breath of fresh air.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's all hope that something happens with Podence in the next 7 days. I'm not ITK but I do have a hunch that his sale may spark some incomings.

Is Podence actually training alone or is he still involved with the squad?

Back
Top Bottom