Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would imagine that most of them do at the moment. All about encouraging them and getting them to want to stay.
Doherty, Dawson, Kilman, T. Gomes, J Gomes, Lemina, Bentley, Cunha, Sasa Sarabia defo want to stay imo

Bueno, Silva, Neto, Nunes we should be doing everything to convince them to stay

Ait-Nouri, Podence, Jonny, Sa i would happily see the back of.

Not sure if I’ve missed anyone?

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Doherty, Dawson, Kilman, T. Gomes, J Gomes, Lemina, Bentley, Cunha, Sasa Sarabia defo want to stay imo

Bueno, Silva, Neto, Nunes we should be doing everything to convince them to stay

Do we still have that many players! The bottom line I would add Neto to that list.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we still have that many players! The bottom line I would add Neto to that list.
surprisingly yes we do.

Yes I’m torn on Neto he looked lively yesterday but not sure where his head is at. However if he stays his current value could double

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But read the report. Total agreement between Nice and RAN, not between Nice and Wolves. It’s reported Elvedi agreed to join Wolves, and his club is even happy for him to leave, but after weeks, still not agreement between his club and Wolves. So for RAN, unless Nice agree to whatever Wolves want, then he’s going nowhere. If they do, then good luck to him.

Andi130

Reaction score
Thinking about other players who could be on the market, anyone have any idea what's happened to Cundle? The lad seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth(Unless I've completely missed something).

Last edited:
T

TheConcourse

Before we go nuts on RAN, all signs seem to be pointing towards him wanting to go back to France.

I know some ITKers love to suggest they know the personal reason behind him wanting to leave, but they aren’t willing to share for some reason. Even stranger, given that nobody knows the lad personally.

ITKers be ITKing.

But I guess it’s linked to that. If he doesn’t want to be here, he absolutely should be encouraged to move on.

None of the loan with no obligation bull****. Sell sell sell.

dnf14

Reaction score
Not happening unless Talking Wolves retweet the tier 7 source that is SportsZone
The good news is that the more reliable French journos haven't even mentioned RAN in days so this is still in the realm of Lemina to Liverpool atm.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Six goals in the Premier League last season and various assists. I think there is a fair bit of disrespect for Podence. Yes he is an annoying player at times but at least he had some sort of end product last season and won us points.
He's not great for assists. Just one last season, in the league cup. Maybe he could be, if people could read his flicks, or then again maybe not. 6 goals and an assist in 37.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agent has agreed what terms their client will want that is all, most agents will be doing that if their clients are wanting to move etc

Nothing to see here until a bid is reported

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you are to believe Lopetegui in his interview with Balague, then he doesn’t know who will be sold.
I’m struggling to think that’s completely true; why would any manager be working under such conditions?

Judging by the fact that Lopetegui didn’t play RAN towards the end of the season, I’m of the opinion that he’s happy he can go. Personally I’d rather see RAN play a more attacking role as a replacement for Podence.

Honestly, it really worries me what is going on.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can totally understand why you would be happy to let players go who do not want to be here, but are you happy to start the season with Bentley in goal and King as the number two?

Thankfully you have missed a few including Semedo, Hwang, Hodge and Traore so we can start to fill a bench. Injuries though would leave us woefully short of options in certain areas.

I would most definitely be doing all I can to convince RAN to stay, but sadly JL does not appear to be a fan.
That said how much say does he have at the moment even if he did want to keep him?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The main issue with selling RAN is that we will need a direct replacement for his particular skillset. A LB/LM that can glide past people and add another dimension to our attacking play will be difficult to source.

The likes of Podence, Jonny and Sarkic can go because they won't need to be replaced at all. We already need the Collins replacement in the squad and, arguably, the Moutinho replacement too- we can't keep on selling other players that we will also need to replace.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can totally understand why you would be happy to let players go who do not want to be here, but are you happy to start the season with Bentley in goal and King as the number two?

Thankfully you have missed a few including Semedo, Hwang, Hodge and Traore so we can start to fill a bench. Injuries though would leave us woefully short of options in certain areas.

I would most definitely be doing all I can to convince RAN to stay, but sadly JL does not appear to be a fan.
That said how much say does he have at the moment even if he did want to keep him?
Well spotted I would put Semedo is the happy to go category and Traore in the keep.

If we sell Sa we must bring in another keeper as no I wouldn’t be happy to start with Bentley. But equally I’m not happy to start with Sa either. I was at Brighton and Arsenal away and he was one of the first to give up when the first goal went in.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Meanwhile Chelsea fork out another £39m for a player. This FFP thing is laughable

And arsenal spending to go past £240m this summer with signing of Brentford keeper (£500m by arteta over three years)

How can this be right? Modern football is rubbish

I guess we had it good for a while but having Mendes taking his cuts from deals and chinese owners, it was always liable to go pear-shaped

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Scott should be the priority, looking a couple of seasons ahead he could be worth a serious amount. Another CB won’t command the same fees. We need to look past the short term
I think we have got too many players already in midfield who could or could be brilliant in a couple of years to justify 25 million really when we're skint.
It's not like hes even been capped at u-21 level yet. 25 million for him is obscene.
You could get Nico Gonzalez from barca and man city centre half with the double barreled surname for about the same price. I think both would be ready for us now. Would just need a centre forward and we would be sorted.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you are to believe Lopetegui in his interview with Balague, then he doesn’t know who will be sold.
I’m struggling to think that’s completely true; why would any manager be working under such conditions?

Judging by the fact that Lopetegui didn’t play RAN towards the end of the season, I’m of the opinion that he’s happy he can go. Personally I’d rather see RAN play a more attacking role as a replacement for Podence.

Honestly, it really worries me what is going on.

I don’t believe JL was lying, but I do think he’s putting a spin on things.

Does he know who will be sold? No, he doesn’t. Neither does Hobbs frankly. It’s a market. If clubs don’t offer the amount Wolves want, then they likely won’t get sold this summer. But, do JL and Hobbs know who are more likely to be sold, or who the club would like to retain (except for a stupidly high offer), then yes I’m sure they do. Say the first part, and omit the second, and the media have a narrative of a coach who doesn’t know what’s going on, and who will be in his squad come the end of the window. Since it’s been widely reported that RAN may be sold, and given he wasn’t a starter for much of JL’s time in charge, then I think it’s likely he’s in the “likely to be sold” group, and JL is fully aware of that.

The incoming side of things is more tricky, but a similar logic could be applied. JL knows the parameters of the summer business, and what happens under different scenarios. Again, he can play dumb to a degree, and express his frustration, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t know exactly what’s going on, or that the range of buying scenarios have changed.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t see anyone at the club really ‘wanting’ to sell RAN, but if you’re the boss and it’s … keep RAN or get the striker you need, you look at Bueno and hope Toti can fill in. It’s probably a case of this.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Judging by the fact that Lopetegui didn’t play RAN towards the end of the season, I’m of the opinion that he’s happy he can go.

I agree and also think that despite his comments, Lopetegui was okay for Jimenez and podence to go (and Jonny and Collins)

They were all clearly on marked time under him

Also think direct mention of them in Balague in interview was as instructed by Lopetegui

Back
Top Bottom