Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Friendly in Dublin

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the issue of Doc - I think I'd much rather see him starting games than Semedo. I would view them both, defensively, as big a liability as each other, but Doherty actually provides something in an attacking sense to offset that, whereas Semedo definitely doesn't.
I am actually leaning with you mate! Semedo is not great and offers zero going forward . Doc is an average defender but gives so much more in attack

If we got 15 M for Semedo I would be chuffed to ****

Bradstonian

Reaction score
He's not worth £35 mil but tbh he's all we've got so he must be given a chance to start on Wednesday. He certainly shows nice touches and him and Cunha together must be worth a try. Cunha on his own does not work.
But once he does the business and the rest of the league sits up and takes notice, his valuation goes up to 70 million. At that point we congratulate Fosun for their shrewd foresight.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't want the Scots in the PL, there's enough big clubs in England and there's too much messing with tradition as things stand. However, that said, it would be fun and reinvigorate the competition if the top 5 in Scotland entered the English league cup.
I certainly think that the League Cup(s) could be reinvigorated if, somehow, they involved some Scottish clubs. Maybe the 4 semi-finalists from each played each other.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I thought Celtic were the better team for most of the game, but we were well on top in the last 15.

Doc's defending still looks suspect, but we don't win that penalty with Nelson on the pitch. Doc just has a natural ability to create havoc in and around the opponents box.

We looked our liveliest once Fabio, Rayan and Hwang were on.
people criticise docs defending and say he is worse defensively than semedo…..

Sorry but the last two games would paint the opposite picture and Nelson has played a lot more football than Doc the last two years……

We need to sell semedo, buy a cheaper replacement.

He has been a massively poor signing for the vastly over inflated salary and transfer fee.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry but the last two games would paint the opposite picture and Nelson has played a lot more football than Doc the last two years……

He has been a massively poor signing for the vastly over inflated salary and transfer fee.
I would be very happy with this. Semedo is worth something and I'd just get rid tbh.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I thought Semedo did ok today.

Doherty has more end product going forward and is significantly better in the air but I’m not sure we can play a higher line in a back four with him next to Dawson. Lemina would have to do a lot of covering on that right hand side.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The former is a can of worms conversation i’m ignoring. But the latter is an idea I’ve called for a fee times. Or more specifically a new cup competition to replace the league cup that has teams from Scotland and England, and the final can be held in other countries as a way of stopping the ‘39th game’ nonsense
The current League Cup is primarily about generating additional income for EFL clubs. Your suggestion undermines that completely.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Semedo did ok today.

Doherty has more end product going forward and is significantly better in the air but I’m not sure we can play a higher line in a back four with him next to Dawson. Lemina would have to do a lot of covering on that right hand side.
The fact Doc is better in the air would actually reduce so many goals we conceed from headers and the second phase from balls into the box that are aimed at semedo diagonally or to land on top of him which routinely caused issues.

Jericho

Groupie
Reaction score

Very fair point, by no means do I think Semedo is free from criticism. The amount of time he gets caught out ball-watching has me believing his favourite part of being a footballer are the post game shower antics.

I would agree with selling him while the value is there, but with the precarious financial situation we find ourselves in, I don't trust Fosun to add any suitable depth.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought pre-match at The Camden was excellent and great thanks to Irish Wolves for all their organisation and Bully for his Q&A and time spent with all the Wolves fans.

Re the match, only felt we struggled the first 15 mins and managed the rest pretty well. However didn't realise until a post earlier that a lot of Celtic players were not first choice so maybe difficult to judge how good we were. Shout out though to Cunha who probably impressed me most with his fitness and even in the last 10 mins was pressing in a manner as if he'd just started the match. Also felt Neto looked very good and close to being back to the top player he was before his injury.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah sounded **** poor all round.
How many Wolves were there? 500?

If that was a bit pathetic Tbf. Same could be said for the Celtic fans they didn’t get anything going aside from a lacklustre “poznan”.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our lack of goals and general threat in front of goal still worries me. I think it will be another achilles heel for us, particularly if Lopetegui doesn’t shift things around up front to include Silva with Cunha.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The current League Cup is primarily about generating additional income for EFL clubs. Your suggestion undermines that completely.
By giving them more potential opponents and a lucrative final in a foreign country, in a revamped competition thst would get more tv buys….

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact Doc is better in the air would actually reduce so many goals we conceed from headers and the second phase from balls into the box that are aimed at semedo diagonally or to land on top of him which routinely caused issues.

Doc isn't that good in the air, but Doc normally isn't back in position to deal with diagonals / lofted balls back. That responsibility always shifted to the third CB who moved across or the midfielder who dropped back to cover Doc.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc isn't that good in the air, but Doc normally isn't back in position to deal with diagonals / lofted balls back. That responsibility always shifted to the third CB who moved across or the midfielder who dropped back to cover Doc.
Well he has scored headers in his time and I saw him win more headers than I think semedo has. Doc is much much better than nelson in the air

Nelson only has a scuffed tap in against the Man Utd reserves to his name.

Clipboard

Reaction score
Our lack of goals and general threat in front of goal still worries me. I think it will be another achilles heel for us, particularly if Lopetegui doesn’t shift things around up front to include Silva with Cunha.
Yep. He can't expect to get much better goal threat if he just keeps doing the same thing again and again, I.e Playing Cunha as a 9 with no focal point.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. He can't expect to get much better goal threat if he just keeps doing the same thing again and again, I.e Playing Cunha as a 9 with no focal point.
Is it because he believes Silva is off? Doesn’t make any sense to me otherwise. There are very few goals in this team. We scored 23 PL goals in 23 games under Lopetegui, admittedly far better than the 8 in 15 under Bruno, conceding 41 ( I think it was) so it was an achievement to finish where we did.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re-watched the highlights,

It is actually worrying how far off the pace, out of position and how often people find space from semedo to get shots..

Dawson for balance, also looks woefully short of being ready to play prem football. It has been a worrying two run-outs from the corner stone of our defensive turn-around last season.

I would hate to be these two in the video session after this one, as they will be singled out quite a lot.

Very worrying and sorry but both need upgrading as a matter of re urgency. Re-signing semedo if he isn’t sold or used as make weight in a deal is frankly lunacy as he just isn’t up to the standard needed to be a premiership standard rb.

Yes he played for Barca, but his stats sucked there too, and the stories are out there in the public domain that they wanted him gone a whole season before Jorge shunted him onto us! What does that tell you! People normally want Barca first 11 players, no one was curing up for Nelson. He hasn’t been close to value or standard in any length or consistent period of time

If Celtic players found it this easy to make chances, we will be butchered by a half decent premier league team.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re-watched the highlights,

It is actually worrying how far off the pace, out of position and how often people find space from semedo to get shots..

Dawson for balance, also looks woefully short of being ready to play prem football. It has been a worrying two run-outs from the corner stone of our defensive turn-around last season.

I would hate to be these two in the video session after this one, as they will be singled out quite a lot.

Very worrying and sorry but both need upgrading as a matter of re urgency. Re-signing semedo if he isn’t sold or used as make weight in a deal is frankly lunacy as he just isn’t up to the standard needed to be a premiership standard rb.

Yes he played for Barca, but his stats sucked there too, and the stories are out there in the public domain that they wanted him gone a whole season before Jorge shunted him onto us! What does that tell you! People normally want Barca first 11 players, no one was curing up for Nelson. He hasn’t been close to value or standard in any length or consistent period of time

If Celtic players found it this easy to make chances, we will be butchered by a half decent premier league team.
Senedo was far from the worst player out there

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 to 3 thousand Wolves is my guess, approx 1200 behind the goal, but many many more of us all around the ground.

After the sales the first day or two, which were all behind the goal. You could only buy them anywhere else in the ground.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Nelson Semedo: I would cheerfully swap him for Luke Ayling
Craig Dawson: Absolutely crucial last season but someone made the shrewd point that he's reached the age where a break does more harm than good. May be match fit by October
Matheus Cunha: why is a manager paid £9m a year unable to see what 300 unpaid Mixers can see every week?
Fabio Silva: only a 15 minute cameo but starting to wonder whether brown sauce or tomato sauce is best with Humble Pie. Cannot sell him at the moment

Back
Top Bottom