Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And one poster in particular was insisting the "accepted narrative" was wrong and there was plenty of money to spend, and it would soon be proven.

I'm still expecting Elvedi, Scott/McAttee and or Doyle and a forward... likely one of the South Americans we've been scouting. Totalling £50m or so. Julen isn't trying to get sacked... he's trying to get what he wants.... what we need.

Let's hope Julen and Jorge are better at bending Guo's ear than Jeff is.
expecting because ITK or just hoping?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
And one poster in particular was insisting the "accepted narrative" was wrong and there was plenty of money to spend, and it would soon be proven.

I'm still expecting Elvedi, Scott/McAttee and or Doyle and a forward... likely one of the South Americans we've been scouting. Totalling £50m or so. Julen isn't trying to get sacked... he's trying to get what he wants.... what we need.

Let's hope Julen and Jorge are better at bending Guo's ear than Jeff is.
I remember keen going on that we wouldn’t spend much.
bruno was in the press at every opportunity saying he needs transfers too.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over 500 pages and no paid for transfers in.
No wonder the mods are f8ndingnit difficult to keep the mixers on topic.
Will we have a paid for transfer in this window or all they all likely to free agents.

Any news on if Adama has found anew club yet?
Thinking of all the clickbait over the last 2 months.
Its incredible and a lesson to us all.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Elvedi not in the squad for their game(s) today apparently.
Ooh, fingers crossed eh. We could really do with him in, the lad looks PL ready. Wouldn't it be good to have the three of Kilman, Elvidi and Dawson (with Toti, who I like but don't rate massively) competing for the two positions. All good central defenders and quality enough for a top half side I reckon.

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Dawson cannot last every game next season, today proved it. Played very well in parts and suspect in others. Hope we elevdi

I too think wolves will invest but they want to have money in first and if they get Podence, Bolla, Jordao and Jonny out in the next week or so I think we start to see some movement.

I can see us spending in the region of 40/45, but I think they want to raise at least another 10 in sales before it happens.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have just received another 11 million for raul and giles and stilll the ******* won't release any funds to buy players. That's 93 million in transfers out and we only have doherty and king on frees.
Yep, there is being short on funds and there is being tight as a nuns ****. Surely they must appreciate that some effort must be made to try and keep a competitive team?

Guy dingley

Reaction score
They have just received another 11 million for raul and giles and stilll the ******* won't release any funds to buy players. That's 93 million in transfers out and we only have doherty and king on frees.
Really concerning. I am not sure what is going on currently. Seems very confusing how about a week ago it seemed we were heavily progressing with the negotiations for both Elvedi and Scott. Fast forward to now we can’t afford creswell let alone those two. I still have a belief all this may be a plan from the club, in order to give us the upper hand in negotiations. Ie making Bristol city believe we do not have the financial means to meet their asking price therefore they will be more inclined to accept our original offer.

Guy dingley

Reaction score
Said it last week , something doesn't make sense.

There's lots of free transfers and loans that would improve us , why is nothing happening.

I'm not soiling my pants yet but feel like something is gonna happen , just don't know if it will be good or bad
Totally agree, there is no way we don’t have something under our sleeve.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I suspect this too will be deleted, but I have to say the constant deleting of peoples posts on this forum is getting a bit silly tbqh. Been posting on this forum for years and never had a post deleted until the last week or so. I mean if someone responds to something you write on a thread are you supposed to DM them to move said discussion to a more appropriate thread rather than respond? Really? I mean ok, but I can totally see why people might also think **** it I’ll just post on twitter instead
I just scroll on by and chunter to myself. It works. It's called free speech and it's human nature to be diverse....Mods stop deleting and everyone enjoy the good stuff and scroll past the ****.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I believe the club have done deals for several players like Elvedi and Scott and maybe a couple of loans to buy

None of us are party to the clubs exact financial situation but there will be a trigger point that will allow us cinfirm these deals
Hope so.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I believe the club have done deals for several players like Elvedi and Scott and maybe a couple of loans to buy

None of us are party to the clubs exact financial situation but there will be a trigger point that will allow us cinfirm these deals
Apoears Scott played for Bristol City v Portsmouth today in the 10 role.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
I think he is bang average personally, and you could argue that he looks better internationally because Southgate is risk averse.

You could argue that. Equally you could argue that Maguire (and Southgate) have been part of teams that have reached Semi finals and Finals major international tournament…

You can prove anything with facts…

Actually, I will bite on ‘bang average’. He is so clearly a very good footballer. You don’t do the above and play for a top 6 side for years on end as a ‘bang average’ footballer. Max Kilman is a ‘bang average’ premiership central defender (as is Craig Dawson).

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason this forum is vastly better than others is the moderation. I may grump a bit when my posts disappear but that's my problem and not the mods.

If you don't like it, post elsewhere. This is a private space believe it or not, it's not your or my god given right to say what we like here.

dnf14

Reaction score

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could argue that. Equally you could argue that Maguire (and Southgate) have been part of teams that have reached Semi finals and Finals major international tournament…

You can prove anything with facts…

Actually, I will bite on ‘bang average’. He is so clearly a very good footballer. You don’t do the above and play for a top 6 side for years on end as a ‘bang average’ footballer. Max Kilman is a ‘bang average’ premiership central defender (as is Craig Dawson).
Disagree, but hey, no biggie

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom