Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Friendly in Dublin

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Encouraging signs and it's such a shame that we've got financial problems as with another 3-4 players, we could have a really decent team.

Could be a case of so near yet so far with this group.
Doc seemed to think in his interview that there is a possibility of a couple of players coming in...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the issue of Doc - I think I'd much rather see him starting games than Semedo. I would view them both, defensively, as big a liability as each other, but Doherty actually provides something in an attacking sense to offset that, whereas Semedo definitely doesn't.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How did we do? The reports in the press look really biased, with the crap Brum online website raving, whilst the Daily Record reckons 'Englishman' Doherty won a dubious pen and we were easily second best! Also, how many of our fans made the trip?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mine would look more like this:

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Doc Gomes Nunes RAN
Cunha Neto
Silva

I'd also go with 3 at the back, with RAN and Doc as wing backs. The problem I have is that while creative further forward, Nunes is consistently a liability defensively. Gives the ball away too cheaply in dangerous positions so would play him further forward. More of a 3-5-2, with Lemino and Gomes as the defensive 2 in the 5, with Nunes further forward, behind the front 2.

The front 2 to be Silva/Sasa/A.N.Signing as the main man, with one of Sarabia/Cunha Neto as the partner. We definitely need some kind of target man who can have crosses/passes lumped in their general direction and can still trouble defenders. If Fabio/Sasa aren't available then its the main signing we need. Because all the others seem to need the ball played to them with a precision they can't achieve themselves and in space that they aren't able to find themselves.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The big problem with a back three is you're using all three of our centre backs! I think it's the solution as well, far better suits our full backs, but I also think it would require us to sign two centre backs for it to be a realistic possibility.
Sign Elvedi and then make do with 4 till Mosquera returns in January.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How did we do? The reports in the press look really biased, with the crap Brum online website raving, whilst the Daily Record reckons 'Englishman' Doherty won a dubious pen and we were easily second best! Also, how many of our fans made the trip?

A draw was fair. Celtic started both halves better, Dawson and Bueno looked off the pace. Wolves grew into both halves and started playing well but had no striker to get on the end of anything. Once Silva came on Wolves had some purpose to their play. The penalty was soft but would be given 8 times out of 10. A winner for either team would have taken a fluke or something magic.

Kennedy

Reaction score
Fabio looked great.

The new top looked great.

Doc did well I thought.

Good to see RAN out there.

Hodge was awful first half but better second but I wouldn't put him ahead of BT or JG.

Why no Sasa, is he injured?

Cunha looked awful until Fabio came on then he almost instantly looked a player. I didn't fancy him on the pen at all.

Didn't see Fabio joining in the celebrations...

Kennedy

Reaction score
Have to say I think Celtic would be mid table championship level.

They were battering us at the start....

T

TheConcourse

I'd also go with 3 at the back, with RAN and Doc as wing backs. The problem I have is that while creative further forward, Nunes is consistently a liability defensively. Gives the ball away too cheaply in dangerous positions so would play him further forward. More of a 3-5-2, with Lemino and Gomes as the defensive 2 in the 5, with Nunes further forward, behind the front 2.

The front 2 to be Silva/Sasa/A.N.Signing as the main man, with one of Sarabia/Cunha Neto as the partner. We definitely need some kind of target man who can have crosses/passes lumped in their general direction and can still trouble defenders. If Fabio/Sasa aren't available then its the main signing we need. Because all the others seem to need the ball played to them with a precision they can't achieve themselves and in space that they aren't able to find themselves.
Yeah, I played around with the idea of:

Gomes Lemina
Nunes
Silva Cunha

I feel like Nunes needs a free role at times. He’s really dangerous when he creates space.

Personally also think we’ll have enough up front now with Silva, Sasa, Cunha and Hwang.

It’s not ideal, but there’s enough to attack one season whilst the financials become a little clearer.

Would love to see another CM (Scott) and Elvedi.

Silva, RAN and Cunha have given me more confidence - definitely could be wrong!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say I think Celtic would be mid table championship level.

They were battering us at the start....
I think that's a bit harsh. They're full of internationals and play in the Champions League every year. Not suggesting they'd be top half Premier League, but I think I'd place them more bottom half PL, so a good test for us really, as was Porto.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's an act, I seem to detect a little twinkle in the eye, but then again I feel that Rosie is not really negative, he's just taking the **** out of us all.
Shades of the "matter of fact' style of Roy Keane.

I like that though, say what you mean, mean what you say.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that's a bit harsh. They're full of internationals and play in the Champions League every year. Not suggesting they'd be top half Premier League, but I think I'd place them more bottom half PL, so a good test for us really, as was Porto.

Yeah, agree with that. Both Celtic and Porto are a good match to where we are currently.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So do I, I think a lot of people have a real boner for Scottish football, but the old firm have certainly had their moments playing in Europe. I think they're half decent.

Kennedy

Reaction score
We will never know really.

I would love to see Celtic and Rangers in the Prem be great for the game.

I dont think many of their players would attract prem interest right now...

I agree good test though. It was like an away game against a team two weeks ahead in terms of sharpness...

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the issue of Doc - I think I'd much rather see him starting games than Semedo. I would view them both, defensively, as big a liability as each other, but Doherty actually provides something in an attacking sense to offset that, whereas Semedo definitely doesn't.
Doherty's had six months under Simeone and God knows how long under Mourinho: I'm looking forward to seeing what defensive nous and housery he picked up in that time.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed however it's not that hard playing in the Champions League every year when the league you play in is a 2 horse race.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed however it's not that hard playing in the Champions League every year when the league you play in is a 2 horse race.
Not arguing against that, just saying that they have the opportunity to play against those top sides, which can only be a benefit.

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Totally agree! Think 3-5-2 perfect for us as a club. Back 4's require 11 better players than everyone else to be successful.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So do I, I think a lot of people have a real boner for Scottish football, but the old firm have certainly had their moments playing in Europe. I think they're half decent.
Some of their Japanese internationals were fantastic today I thought. They bring real intensity with the way they play, and technically excellent footballers who try to play the right way. The same thing we saw from them in the World Cup at times. I wouldn't mind one or two Japanese internationals in our squad!

Monswolf

Reaction score
2 points I’d make after being suround d by Celtic fans is that they all love led the look of hodge and thought he played really well

Second is thank Christ it was only preseason if we start any league like that we are in n trouble

Great to see Fabio come on and the difference having him on the pitch made to how dangerous we became

A draw I think flattered us a bit

Back
Top Bottom