Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does £5m not seem on the low side to anybody else?
By all accounts he tore the championship apart last season at Boro.
If we were buying him from Boro this season, on the strength of that, he'd be at least double that figure, surely?
We can't make clubs pay anymore than they want to otherwise they walk away.

You're probably right, but circumstances always play apart in any negotiation.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were buying him from Boro this season, on the strength of that, he'd be at least double that figure, surely?
It might be a low fee with money up front....that's why it might suit us as such......might get more but not a deal than suits us......we might need it to kick start recruitment...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
There’s never been a queue to sign him tbh so we can only sell at a price clubs are willing to pay

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems very cheap unless we have a big sell on clause

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds plausibe..
But if there are no interest in Ait-Nouri (as alluded to in The Atletic article) then what's the point in Creswell?

Yeah on rethinking it’s probably something like the below. I also don’t think we are starting from scratch, so I think we at least have the Raul money (5.5M)

Giles out (5M) - Elvedi in (8M)
Podence out (10M) - Scott in (favor to JL)
RAN (loan with option) and Jonny out (3M) - Cresswell in

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah on rethinking it’s probably something like the below. I also don’t think we are starting from scratch, so I think we at least have the Raul money (5.5M)

Giles out (5M) - Elvedi in (8M)
Podence out (10M) - Scott in (favor to JL)
RAN (loan with option) and Jonny out (3M) - Cresswell in
Could be still think scott is out of our reach and a luxury as they want more up front.

Giles and podence should get elvedi over the line.

Still think a good 2 to 3 then need to go for scott, unless the accoutants find some money again.

Creswell probably at 4m is the easiest one to get but last on the list due to we have players already for that position

Jonny still here no creswell

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
loans with 50% wages is what i expect coming in next, i wouldnt be surprised in links to loans up to and after manure

With the chance of maybe 1 signing before manure, which i think would be elvedi

Scott will end up scoring 3 or 4 with multiple assists in the first couple of games in championship and be gone out of reach

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
loans with 50% wages is what i expect coming in next, i wouldnt be surprised in links to loans up to and after manure

With the chance of maybe 1 signing before manure, which i think would be elvedi

Scott will end up scoring 3 or 4 with multiple assists in the first couple of games in championship and be gone out of reach
If the rumour about Bournemouth increasing their offer is true he might be gone before then.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Madeley saying our losses from 22/23 could be over £80m is far worse than I expected it to be. Combined with the £46m losses in 21/22, it means we need to make a profit of £30m+ this season most likely to avoid any FFP issues (£105m permitted over three years), and that's not helped by the purchases of Cunha and Traore going through this summer for £50m, further adding to our hefty amortisation bill before we even started trimming it.

I think the only way we will end up with Alex Scott, is if we sell Kilman. I don't think that's a good trade to make. I could see Julen walking if they sell his captain and our most valuable asset.

I'd genuinely rather stick with what we've got, maybe find a way to save up the pennies for Nico Elvedi to pair with Kilman, after selling Giles, Podence and Jonny. We'll have to be a bit more creative with finding a centre forward and midfielder. Mendes owes us a favor or two, surely he can get someone decent in on loan for us. There's still some decent free agents available as well that could help fill out the squad.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Madeley saying our losses from 22/23 could be over £80m is far worse than I expected it to be. Combined with the £46m losses in 21/22, it means we need to make a profit of £30m+ this season most likely to avoid any FFP issues (£105m permitted over three years), and that's not helped by the purchases of Cunha and Traore going through this summer for £50m, further adding to our hefty amortisation bill before we even started trimming it.

I think the only way we will end up with Alex Scott, is if we sell Kilman. I don't think that's a good trade to make. I could see Julen walking if they sell his captain and our most valuable asset.

I'd genuinely rather stick with what we've got, maybe find a way to save up the pennies for Nico Elvedi to pair with Kilman, after selling Giles, Podence and Jonny. We'll have to be a bit more creative with finding a centre forward and midfielder. Mendes owes us a favor or two, surely he can get someone decent in on loan for us. There's still some decent free agents available as well that could help fill out the squad.
Cunha went through in Jan which is why the 80m or thats what has been suggested by keen and madeley

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Linked to Lucas Moura earlier in the summer. I'd quite like him. Useful adaptable forward.

Heading to Brazil from what I saw a few weeks ago.

I imagine that we get some additional headroom from the reduction of wages on our books? I’ve seen others do the napkin math of about 25M in savings.

NordicWolf

Reaction score
Why is Guedes being loaned out? Most likely to never play for us again. I’ve read somewhere Benfica not even paying his full wages.
Uncle Jorge should and would be able to sell him for a decent fee to one of the Saudi teams.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is Guedes being loaned out? Most likely to never play for us again. I’ve read somewhere Benfica not even paying his full wages.
Uncle Jorge should and would be able to sell him for a decent fee to one of the Saudi teams.
injury at the moment. i think

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Please excuse my ignorance, but if we loan a player with a commitment to buy, like we did with Cunha, don't we avoid any potential FFP or cash flow issues this year?

Of course that assumes we can find a club willing to wait for their money, and that Fosun are willing to make that kind of commitment.

It would help us get a striker, ease relegation concerns, and probably keep Julen. It wouldn't help Fosun if they are looking to sell of course.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might be a low fee with money up front....that's why it might suit us as such......might get more but not a deal than suits us......we might need it to kick start recruitment...
I realise that we are looking down the back of the sofa for cash; I really think it is that bad. Giles is worth way more than that imo but it is what it is. Wolves have mis-managed their finances over a period of time where now it's sell one (or 2) to buy one.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I suspect his book value is more than his potential transfer value. So we might be worse off for FFP if we sell him (I think)

On the Cunha one, presumably if the transfer counts as January on £45m 4 year contract it 'only' means £5.5m difference.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance, but if we loan a player with a commitment to buy, like we did with Cunha, don't we avoid any potential FFP or cash flow issues this year?

Of course that assumes we can find a club willing to wait for their money, and that Fosun are willing to make that kind of commitment.

It would help us get a striker, ease relegation concerns, and probably keep Julen. It wouldn't help Fosun if they are looking to sell of course.
So the issue with this is we could do loans with obligations for next year,

But we would still need to cover that cost next year, so with wages of the new players to fall in this year.

Remember we carry this -80 of 22-23

we will carry the -80 in 24-25, 25-26, 26-27

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be good if we only transferred a few more players out and then transferred a few players in, mainly in the positions that we need. We don't seem to have had many transfers in yet, but a lot of transfers out.

Some clubs seem to have transferred some in and transferred some out, the majority of our transfers seem to be out, we should transfer some in.

In terms of transfers I hear we are linked with some players and we should either attempt to transfer these in or should transfer some other players in, what does everyone think?

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be good if we only transferred a few more players out and then transferred a few players in, mainly in the positions that we need. We don't seem to have had many transfers in yet, but a lot of transfers out.

Some clubs seem to have transferred some in and transferred some out, the majority of our transfers seem to be out, we should transfer some in.

In terms of transfers I hear we are linked with some players and we should either attempt to transfer these in or should transfer some other players in, what does everyone think?
Tattoos last much longer than transfers ;-)

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want Cresswell, he is not at the level he once was and I just remember Adama torturing him on a couple of occasions. I also don't think we need him with Toti, Bueno and RAN.

I would be happy if we finished this window with Elvedi, Scott and a CF. Further losing Podence, Jonny and Giles.

Back
Top Bottom