Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf the vast majority of academy products will be sent out on loan to develop for sale. That's part of the club’s model now. Only a handful will do a Kilman or a Bueno.
That’s not my point. If they’re good enough they will be given a chance as that has clearly been shown. The academy is in great shape at the moment, the odd one who’s special will come through into the first team the rest will make money, it’s fantastic not something to be derided

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on the players linked.

Anyone else seeing similarities to Southampton last pre season? Moving out lots of experience and older heads. Bring in through younger players.

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All quiet on the Alex Scott front. Could he be having his makeover for a new WWFC video ?

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the Scott deal has fallen through. Shouldn’t take this long when the fee is the fee and personal terms aren’t an issue
We don’t know if we went in with a third bid, whether it was accepted.

Besides it’s not just that, the payment structure can be an issue.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Zaha.....he'll get paid OK in Turkey but he might have trebled his wages.

Any footballer going to Saudi for the money has a pretty pathetic outlook on life. These guys are already earning a fortune so earning an even more extortionate wage so that their families never have to work again is a pretty sad motivation.

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Any footballer going to Saudi for the money has a pretty pathetic outlook on life. These guys are already earning a fortune so earning an even more extortionate wage so that their families never have to work again is a pretty sad motivation.

I think the Saudi money is so bananas though that it's not only money for a player and their immediate family, but their extended family. And friends. For generations. Even if they tried to spuff money like that, they couldn't.

When you factor that in, it's actually kinda selfish to take less money to only maybe make a few more European appearances or win a cup for your own ego!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sad motivation to secure the financial stability of generations of your family?!?!?!? Give over.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I assume you don't take a raise at work?

dnf14

Reaction score
And Zaha.....he'll get paid OK in Turkey but he might have trebled his wages.
In fairness to him, he supposedly would've been paid double what he's earning at Galatasaray if he took the contract Palace were offering him. If Zaha wants to see out his career at a club that will be fighting for titles and in the CL over a wage packet, more power to him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, it really is. Money helps but there are far far more important things in life than money.
There’s a lot more important things in life than football as well. If someone offered me the chance to win an FA cup or financial security for the next two generations of my family I’m choosing the latter every single day.

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
Since when’s putting your family first ever been sad? You’d be pretty foolish not to consider a 10x increase on your salary

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a lot more important things in life than football as well. If someone offered me the chance to win an FA cup or financial security for the next two generations of my family I’m choosing the latter every single day.

Would be the former for me every single time. Everybody has the capability to make their own way in life. Ruben has already earnt enough that his kids and kids kids never need to save up to buy a home, never need to struggle to pay their way through college and can eat wherever they want and travel wherever they want. What has all the extra million given them? Absolutely nothing.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, you are telling me, that you did what you needed to earn an amount you deemed acceptable for retirement.

And yet, you wish to criticise those for doing similar?

Because Ruben as an example doesn't already have enough for retirement even before the Saudi offer. Each to their own but the 'doing it for my family' argument for multi millionaire footballers is complete rubbish.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be the former for me every single time. Everybody has the capability to make their own way in life. Ruben has already earnt enough that his kids and kids kids never need to save up to buy a home, never need to struggle to pay their way through college and can eat wherever they want and travel wherever they want. What has all the extra million given them? Absolutely nothing.
We’re clearly built differently. I want my family to have all the opportunities being financially secure in life offer. A winning cup medal means nothing but being a proud parent knowing you have helped generations of your own family is a real legacy.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I think the contrary.

No news is….well you know the rest.
Think if it was dead it would be reported by Romano or someone similar. The fact is since Percy said we’d had the second bid turned down and there’s been silence from respected journalists then we are probably still negotiating or Bristol are sitting on our third bid in the hope of starting a bidding war.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both sides obviously have valid points.

As a football fan though, great to see Zaha move to Galatasaray today despite the criticism he has had. Will be three incredible years for him in a football-mad country, playing in front of the best atmosphere's he will have ever experienced and the Champions League (probably). Some amazing memories for life coming his way, all whilst making millions of pounds! Seems pretty good to me.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think the family’s will be that bothered when they’re relaxing on a yacht whilst their private chef makes them some dinner

And you think that is the right way? Thank **** I don't.

And of course they couldn't do that before selling their soul of course on the paltry wages and fees they were getting. Only Saudi gives them that right?

Back
Top Bottom