Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Important detail that keeps being overlooked. Neves aside, so far we’ve sold off squad players at a decent price and signed two squad players for free.

Collins could have become an important player for us. Raul used to be an important player for us. Moutinho is my favorite all-time Wolves player but his time had come. Adama didn’t feature much anymore.

We still have some important signings that NEED to be made, but right now we basically have the same team that got 30+ points after Christmas, with the exception of Neves.
And we got 6 of those 30 points without him anyway …

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno, is he and his team any good?

Problem with that sort of role is that it is hard to judge how well they are doing until a couple of years down the line and by that time it is too late.
Yeah, I agree. I'm not completely sold on him, but positive start.

Main point was surely most of the concern from the fans centres on Fosun and available funds?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far more important things in life to concern yourself with than letting the opinion of a person behind a keyboard prevent you from doing something you clearly enjoy. Don't overthink it lad.
There's nothing wrong with taking a break from time to time, I don't see the need to announce it though.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto looked like a goal scorer briefly, but I doubt he'll ever be prolific. Beyond them we're maybe using Sasa, Fabio and Hwang. Still not convincing!

I honestly can't recall a game where I've thought 433 looked good, far too often it's just another version of 451, or 460. Maybe with a pre-season Lopetegui can coach it better.
We haven’t had mobility in midfield before which is key in a 4-3-3: we do now.

I disagree re Neto I think he could be prolific in the right system and injury free. Don’t get me wrong I think a goalscorer is a must, but who is a realistic target that could perform that role?

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Far more important things in life to concern yourself with than letting the opinion of a person behind a keyboard prevent you from doing something you clearly enjoy. Don't overthink it lad.
Think one of the main issues is the fact his name is mentioned in posts frequently even when he's not been actively posting. It's needless and petty.

We may not all agree with each other on here but not sure the constant digs at people are needed. Not accusing you btw.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think one of the main issues is the fact his name is mentioned in posts frequently even when he's not been actively posting. It's needless and petty.

We may not all agree with each other on here but not sure the constant digs at people are needed. Not accusing you btw.

JOS is a friend of mine on here. And yeh, it's pathetic. The problem is people can't oppose someone's opinion from behind a computer without finding the need to add digs and completely unnecessary aspects that simply don't exist within a person to person interaction/discussion.

Ultimately, without trying to be bloody Gandhi, we're all avid Wolves supporters who want the best for our club. Far too often we let any slither of disagreement get well in the way of that.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a bit depressed about all this, but as time goes on and I have thought about it more there must be a plan that JP has signed up to.

Something like;

1. FFP is an issue, but let's talk it up to drum up interest in any perceived bargains and suppress fees we will pay.
2. Let's clear the decks for what we can get, we take any reasonable book profit
3. We have a massive opportunity to save £500k week in wages (£26m a year) and reset the wage structure
4. We target 3/4 additions in the £10m-£15m range
5. We keep our nerve and don't over pay, even if it means playing chicken on deals towards the end of the window

Alright, it's going to be exactly that list but it would be something similar. In the context of outgoings at least they have done well. The Neves fee was £17m higher than I expected. Coady £3m more, I wasn't expecting Collins sale but there was another £5m book profit.

I am confident we will be making moves over the next week. They would not be moving Raul on or sending Chinqiho out on loan without reinforcements lined up.

I am confident we will get Elvedi, and with the Giles and Jiminez money they could now push the boat out for Scott. I also expect a proven striker - and I include Che Adams in that category. He would get you 5-8 goals a season even if people think he is ****.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I also expect a proven striker - and I include Che Adams in that category. He would get you 5-8 goals a season even if people think he is ****.
This is what I don’t get. People are turning up their nose at Che Adams even though he’s scored more than Jimenez and Diego Costa combined. He’s homegrown, he puts a shift in, and he’s definitely going to score more than Costa at least.

Fulham replacing Mitrović’s 14 goals with Raúl and paying £5.5M for Jimenez… now that’s where I would worry.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JOS is a friend of mine on here. And yeh, it's pathetic. The problem is people can't oppose someone's opinion from behind a computer without finding the need to add digs and completely unnecessary aspects that simply don't exist within a person to person interaction/discussion.

Ultimately, without trying to be bloody Gandhi, we're all avid Wolves supporters who want the best for our club. Far too often we let any slither of disagreement get well in the way of that.
Spot-on. We all post our own opinions, but some cannot see opinions they disagree with, without adding personal insults, sarcasm and mocking other posters. While I don't mind anyone disagreeing with opinions; it's what a forum is for; the need to resort to belittling other posters is totally unnecessary and shouldn't be tolerated.
At the end of the day, no one knows anyone elses personal circumstances or mental condition and posters should bear this in mind before attacking others.

Gets off soapbox!

Last edited:

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@manchesterwolf17 hope you’re doing as well as you all can be.

@JOSWolf - i have all the time in the world for you mate, however you did exactly what you accused others of doing yesterday and singled a few posters out, all be it not by name. with you having a more “extreme” (not the best word) view that most you’re bound to pick up criticism, and that’s the nature of social media or forum life.

however the most important thing is how YOU feel so i hope you’re back posting soon, and that we all get a couple of quality signings in so we can go back to bitching about the stadium, var or Traore’s end product! take care.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A bit of gallows humour I do admit, but a post I scanned during my trawl of PL clubs (those we look to be competing with for similar bargains), suggested the 'winner' of a particular bidding contest would be the club that could put down the biggest deposit. As the buying price (from memory) was in single figure £m's, times are middling to desperate. :anguished:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s me done posting on here for a while as it ain’t worth it for my mental health with the constant personal and **** taking attacks. Well done to a certain few on here acting like a school playground. I’ll view but that’s me done posting on here for the time being. A shame as I love this forum. Oh well.

Hope you feel better soon Jos.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is what I don’t get. People are turning up their nose at Che Adams even though he’s scored more than Jimenez and Diego Costa combined. He’s homegrown, he puts a shift in, and he’s definitely going to score more than Costa at least.

Fulham replacing Mitrović’s 14 goals with Raúl and paying £5.5M for Jimenez… now that’s where I would worry.
Scoring more than jiminez and diego costa is a very low bar.

Fred, Eric Dier and Jorginho all scored more Premier league goals than them but you wouldn't want to be signing them to play up front next season.

People are turning their nose up because they don't rate him and saw him handball it into the net from 1 yard out from an open goal.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange days, Costa scores a miss kick in a whole season and treated like a God, Che Adams gets slaughtered, but is guaranteed to score way more, pleas tell me it’s not personal.
Because Costa came in when we’re desperate and worked his *******s off. Southampton want about £12m for Adams which is ridiculous.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Strange days, Costa scores a miss kick in a whole season and treated like a God, Che Adams gets slaughtered, but is guaranteed to score way more, pleas tell me it’s not personal.
One played for us the other didn't.

We backed Costa because he was ours. Don't think anyone's calling for him to sign for next season.

Being guaranteed to score more goals than Costa doesn't mean we should jump on it. There are better options

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s me done posting on here for a while as it ain’t worth it for my mental health with the constant personal and **** taking attacks. Well done to a certain few on here acting like a school playground. I’ll view but that’s me done posting on here for the time being. A shame as I love this forum. Oh well.
Don’t let em get to you mate just put them on ignore and carry on posting.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One played for us the other didn't.

We backed Costa because he was ours. Don't think anyone's calling for him to sign for next season.

Being guaranteed to score more goals than Costa doesn't mean we should jump on it. There are better options
There was a whole thread wanting him to stay

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the latest set of sales - Giles, Jimenez, Podence (likely), we’ll have brought in somewhere around £100 million in fees. Pretty impressive given that the only guaranteed starter we’ve lost has been Neves, a player whom it could be argued, we’d already bought a replacement for (Joao Gomes). We’ll have also saved an absolute fortune in wages (probably £500k a week plus).

We’ve surely freed up space now for 3/4 more signings? Whilst it would be great had this happened already, it appears the club are determined to get the best value for money possible, which of course takes longer and carries some risk (getting priced out on targets, bringing people in late). It’s frustrating, and many are nervous, but they have been fairly upfront about this I think?

If in the coming weeks they manage to bring in Elvidi, Cresswell, Scott, and perhaps say Che Adams, I’d probably say thats a reasonable (if not exactly exhilarating window). If the bar ends up being lower than that (I’m not really expecting much higher tbh), I would be a little concerned for us personally. I dare say there would be quite a few disgruntled fans which never helps either? Its been mostly boring and often dross on the pitch for too long now and we all want that to change. That really needs us to sign a few.

Last edited:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
With the latest set of sales - Giles, Jimenez, Podence (likely), we’ll have brought in somewhere around £100 million in fees. Pretty impressive given that the only guaranteed starter we’ve lost has been Neves, a player whom it could be argued, we’d already bought a replacement for (Joao Gomes). We’ll have also saved an absolute fortune in wages (probably £500k a week plus).

We’ve surely freed up space now for 3/4 more signings? Whilst it would be great had this happened already, it appears the club are determined to get the best value for money possible, which of course takes longer and carries some risk (getting priced out on targets, bringing people in late). It’s frustrating, and many are nervous, but they have been fairly upfront about this I think?

If in the coming weeks they manage to being in Elvidi, Cresswell, Scott and perhaps say Che Adams, I’d probably say thats a reasonable (if not exactly exhilarating window). If the bar ends up being lower than that (I’m not really expecting much higher tbh), I would be a little concerned for us personally. I dare say there would be quite a few disgruntled fans which never helps either. Its been mostly boring and often dross on the pitch for too long now
This is how I see it. In an ideal world we’d have 3 or 4 signings in place by now but you’re dead right, Hobbs had been very up front all summer, we need to move people on first. Assuming RAN has got back into the manager’s plans, once we’ve shifted Raul, Giles and Podence we should be able to make some moves in.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont do that mate. Dont let a few drive you off the forum. You're as entitled as anyone else to your opinions

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is how I see it. In an ideal world we’d have 3 or 4 signings in place by now but you’re dead right, Hobbs had been very up front all summer, we need to move people on first. Assuming RAN has got back into the manager’s plans, once we’ve shifted Raul, Giles and Podence we should be able to make some moves in.
We’ve been bringing in decent fees and freeing up foreign spots, so I’d certainly imagine signings to be fairly imminent (even if our final business goes to the wire)? Still wouldn’t be shocked to see Jonny and Sa moved on either, though I really do hope Ait Nouri does stay, seeing him off on loan would be very disappointing.

Ultimately if our squad looks something like this by the end of the window I think we’d be looking reasonably ok. Not electric, but a decent squad:

Sa, Bentley, King
Semedo, Dawson, T Gomes, Bueno, Kilman, Elvidi, Cresswell, Doherty, Ait Nouri
Nunes, Lemina, J Gomes, B Traore, Scott
Neto, Sarabia, Hwang, Cunha, Silva, Sasa, Adams

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We’ve been bringing in decent fees and freeing up foreign spots, so I’d certainly imagine signings to be fairly imminent (even if our final business goes to the wire)? Still wouldn’t be shocked to see Jonny and Sa moved on either, though I really do hope Ait Nouri does stay, seeing him off on loan would be very disappointing.

Ultimately if our squad looks something like this by the end of the window I think we’d be looking reasonably ok. Not electric, but a decent squad:

Sa, Bentley, King
That will do for me.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa, Bentley, King
Tbf, it still concerns me as to where the goals come from in that squad. Without a major shift in style of play (eg more aggressive and greater numbers breaking into oppo penalty area), that squad looks like it will struggle. Perhaps Scott (if we can stump up the wonga) will help address that, but not without a change of style/emphasis from JL.

I’m also not sure I’d bring Cresswell in tbh. Not because he’s not ok, but because we have much better in RAN, Bueno and Toti can slot in there. No point in bringing someone in to play 4/5 games a season; we may as well save the wages and the reported £3-5m fee imo and look at it again in January if the need arises.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fake account? Really. With 250000 followers. Really

Yep, I saw a thread maybe a year ago now breaking down what happened. He brought followers and then used that to get traction. Posts loads of made up stories and copies other people's true ones so he looks right at times. If you try and find any of his articles or where his worked in the past, he doesn't exist. As Twitter now pays people with add revenue, this will become more common

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I bet it war as hard as my paper round.I did the farms and I was always the first in the shop as I had to do it on me bike.****ing nightmare in the winter.
Seems a bit like my Sunday round. Weekdays no problem, but Sunday the country round was mine, as well as my usual, and on a bike Denzil would have recognised it was hard going. I used to save the Girl's College to the last; I always have lived in hope! ;)

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of people seem to be impressed and bigging up what Saudi are doing but to me for the most part it has been pretty embarrassing. Signing mid level and past it players for nonsensical fees will mean the project is doomed to fail.
The only ‘surprise’ is Neves, a player in his prime. But he made his motivation clear: money and the chance to give his family the lifestyle he dreamed of.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Issue is put some of these lads in a different team and they would shine far more than they have here
Well...yes, but that is half a team. We are not one of the big clubs for whom these might be squad players. These are supposed to be our star players... We overpaid in all cases by very significant amounts.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because Costa came in when we’re desperate and worked his *******s off. Southampton want about £12m for Adams which is ridiculous.

In what universe is £12m ridiculous for a 26 year old premier league striker with four years premier league experience, 25 premier league goals who's best season brought 9 goals?

Yes he missed a sitter at the Mol, yes he played for Blues, yes he doesn't have the finishing of a kane or Tony but £12m is ridiculous?

Home grown, knows the area, premier league experience, still not in his prime, works his *******s off - I would be delighted if the could get him for £12m

And that is not to say I don't want better, but jezz you seriously can't think £12m for a proven premier league player squad is ridiculous?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa, Bentley, King
I would deffo fear relegation with a squad like this.
There is no goals in it,and we are just an injury or two awy from disaster defencewise.
There is no natural leader..Daws probably the closest.
We still have a RB problem right from the get go(Doherty is not working in a four and is probably three years worse than his last spell with us).An injury on Daws would still prove catastophic.
Midfield,Boubs has his injury history and there is little proof that Scott is ready allready.
Attackwise there is not a single player that will score double digits.
There is Sasa who is injured all the time.We know that Cunha isn´t a prolific goalscorer.Neto hasn´t looked anywere near the player he was pre injury.Silva might not even want to play for us and hasn´t uprooted any trees either in Belgium or Holland.
Hwang we know ain´t all that and no one would see Che Adams as a guy that will score pretty much on his own for us.
I would say we are favoured to go down with a squad like this.
We barely survived last season,and this squad looks as weak..if not weaker.
Diapers ON!

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In what universe is £12m ridiculous for a 26 year old premier league striker with four years premier league experience, 25 premier league goals who's best season brought 9 goals?

Yes he missed a sitter at the Mol, yes he played for Blues, yes he doesn't have the finishing of a kane or Tony but £12m is ridiculous?

Home grown, knows the area, premier league experience, still not in his prime, works his *******s off - I would be delighted if the could get him for £12m

And that is not to say I don't want better, but jezz you seriously can't think £12m for a proven premier league player squad is ridiculous?
Agreed. We paid more than that for Sasa, and Silva, and Guedes, similar for Hwang - none of whom had any premier league experience (or more than a handful of games in adults football in Silva’s case).

Back
Top Bottom