Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Nivada

Reaction score
Tommy Doyle linked. Think someone said here it was between him and Scott, would actually prefer Doyle for his attacking threat.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its just a weird thing to get at the club for right now imo. We need to get our recruitment in order, not worry about the paintwork around the stadium.

How about we do both? Not that hard to get contractors in during the summer to sort out paint work that is peeling off stands and surrounding areas.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
preaching to the converted with me here!!

@JOSWolf - what’s your take now on squad size? are you still in favour of a large squad or have you changed your thinking?

I'm in favour of a competitive and balanced squad NWW. Which means having a subs bench with players that can make a good impact now we have the 9 sub rule. Minimum 20 man squad needed and I'd argue possibly 22 or 23 as most Premier league clubs will have if not more in some clubs cases.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I'm in favour of a competitive and balanced squad NWW. Which means having a subs bench with players that can make a good impact now we have the 9 sub rule. Minimum 20 man squad needed and I'd argue possibly 22 or 23 as most Premier league clubs will have if not more in some clubs cases.
We have 28

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There a core group of players who we shouldn't sell this season.
Dawson
Kilman
Nunes
Cunha
Lemina
Gomes

This is the core. I want to know what the hell is going on? We haven't brought anyone in bar doherty and the season will soon start.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There a core group of players who we shouldn't sell this season.
Dawson
Kilman
Nunes
Cunha
Lemina
Gomes

This is the core. I want to know what the hell is going on? We haven't brought anyone in bar doherty and the season will soon start.
Neto as well for me

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina to Liverpool?

It really is end of days stuff
It’s from a Liverpool fan spreading fake news to bait & get reactions.

They put out a tweet stating Fabrizio Romano said on a livestream via Twitch last night that Liverpool are interested in Lemina as a replacement for Henderson.

Fabrizio hasn’t gone live on Twitch to discuss transfer news in the past 11 months.

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
It’s from a liverpool fan spreading fake news to bait & get reactions.

They put out a tweet stating that Fabrizio Romano said on a livestream via Twitch that Liverpool are interested in Lemina as a replacement for Henderson.

Fabrizio hasn’t gone live on Twitch to discuss transfer news in the past 11 months.
It’s how rumours get started plenty are having a meltdown over it on Twitter

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been brainwashed by Sky Sports and all the PL money about spend, spend and more spend. We have become more fixated on transfers than football itself. It needs to stop.

Good coaching, making players better and having a playing system has become so under valued. Need to focus as much if not more on this than a blind obsession with buying players.
I do agree, but we are all still hooked on the crack that is the signing of a new player.

I play darts. Badly. But that next set of darts is always the one that will klick for me and raise my game, when in reality better practice would reap more benefit.

Anyone want to swap some sets of darts?

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do agree, but we are all still hooked on the crack that is the signing of a new player.

I play darts. Badly. But that next set of darts is always the one that will klick for me and raise my game, when in reality better practice would reap more benefit.

Anyone want to swap some sets of darts?
I play darts and golf really well. But only from the neck upwards

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does make you wonder what money we have wasted.

I think we have over paid £15m on Cunha, we will lose £15m on Guedes, Silva is debatable right now we would be lucky to get £25m based on his age and recent record so that's another £12m. We lost another £15m on Cutrone.

That is the best part of £60m.

There are still questions about Nunes, how much are we likely see of his £40m back. To be fair a good season might see a bit of profit. Then there is Sasa, as a goal scorer we may not lose much if he can stay fit.

Which ever way you look at it even if we claw a bit back from Nunes and Sasa we will have clearly wasted £50m

Enough to cover Scott, Elvedi, and the South American striker.

I hope the get Scott, even for £25m because he really could be worth £40m after a great season in the prem. They should also be moving heaven and earth to get Silva into the side. Another half decent season in the prem will add £5m to his value, a great season and we may be approaching breakeven.
For a Premier League side, that is relative peanuts. Making only £12m a year in median gash transfers should be celebrated. Even then, you admit that the jury is still out on Silva and Nunes. So that should be less per year. Regarding Cutrone, we didn’t lose his entire fee. You forgot to mention the loan fees received. Guedes however was a complete basket case of a signing. I mean wtf are we still paying his wages???
Anyway, for some reason you also haven’t mentioned all the players sold for a handsome profit and the players bought that were a success and are now part of the first team.
I think if you add the total value of the current first team, I think you’ll find it’s in excess of the £300m ish net spend, over the last five years. So, not the waste you think it is!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good coaching, making players better and having a playing system has become so under valued. Need to focus as much if not more on this than a blind obsession with buying players.
I'd give this take more credence if Lopetegui had not nearly left the club over the transfer policy.
It is obvious he doesn't believe the current group are good enough for where he wants us to be, and is eager for reinforcements.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For a Premier League side, that is relative peanuts. Making only £12m a year in median gash transfers should be celebrated. Even then, you admit that the jury is still out on Silva and Nunes. So that should be less per year. Regarding Cutrone, we didn’t lose his entire fee. You forgot to mention the loan fees received. Guedes however was a complete basket case of a signing. I mean wtf are we still paying his wages???
Anyway, for some reason you also haven’t mentioned all the players sold for a handsome profit and the players bought that were a success and are now part of the first team.
I think if you add the total value of the current first team, I think you’ll find it’s in excess of the £300m ish net spend, over the last five years. So, not the waste you think it is!
I enjoyed your post however there is only one thing...........if what you say is true why are we in the FFP dodo's? answers to be be sent to a certain Mr Shi. :rolleyes:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely feel the moisture creeping up my ****ing pampers.

But genuinely let's try to turn positive, means Silva has been assessed and is going to lead?

We have a striker lined up?

Or nope decks are being cleared and Fraser is first choice you decide

I have a voucher on pampers if anyone needs

Podence Giles Raul at least the decks are coming to be cleared

Clear the decks before purchases? I mean like Hobbs said on signing Doherty there are squad players who have come to the end and are to be moved on

Back
Top Bottom