Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If what you are saying is the clubs attitude right now then words fail me.
Teams aren't just going to roll over and give you their good strikers. Anyone with a decent scoring record will be tough to prise away and as soon as the link appears then other clubs will be piling in like Velociraptors in the long grass.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa lasted 40mins before breaking down and the evidence of Raul and Silva over the last 2 years is pretty damning.

Even if (and I sincerely hope they do) come back revitalised like new players, it is still not a chance that should be taken. Diego Costa ended the season Infront of those guys, that speaks volumes.

We need a new CF but it would be so bloody Wolves to still not register the need for one. If we don't sign one, honestly, whoever makes that call deserves sacking.
In an ideal world we would upgrade one of our current cf's but there has to be a buyer at the right price. We can't have that many forwards kicking around the place on the money they are on

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sasa lasted 40mins before breaking down and the evidence of Raul and Silva over the last 2 years is pretty damning.

Even if (and I sincerely hope they do) come back revitalised like new players, it is still not a chance that should be taken. Diego Costa ended the season Infront of those guys, that speaks volumes.

We need a new CF but it would be so bloody Wolves to still not register the need for one. If we don't sign one, honestly, whoever makes that call deserves sacking.

He was already bost.

He'd been injured previously, not rehabbed correctly or long enough, signed off during a last minute transfer by our previously unfit for purpose medical team, then rushed into the starting XI.

He's made comments about how surprised he's been at how much different his rehab has been this time around. How strength and conditioning has been prioritised.

Sasa will be first choice. We have to prioritise having sufficient backup in case he takes a few weeks to get up to speed.

I'm not sure Raul or Fabio are the ones to provide that backup.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know others have mentioned it but I do think that the number of over 21 foreign players is as much of a challenge as FFP. If we sign Elvedi that’s another one.
I know its going over old ground but I can't remember, is Doc home grown or not?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know its going over old ground but I can't remember, is Doc home grown or not?
DOC is HG for Premier league, but not for europa league/ champions league

100 percent i can confirm this.

current squad:

Wolverhampton Wanderers

1. Max Kilman(HG)
  2. Jonny Castro
  3. Raul Jimenez
  4. Sasa
  5. Daniel Podence
  6. Nelson Semedo
  7. Jose Sa
  8. Hee Chan Hwang
  9. Toti Gomes
  10. Elvedi
  11. Pedro Neto
  12. Chiquinho
  13. B Traore
  14. Matheus Nunes
  15. RAN
  16. Matheus Cunha
  17. Mario Lemina
  18. Pablo Sarabia
  19. Craig Dawson(HG)
  20. Daniel Bentley(HG)
  21. Doherty (HG)
  22. Fabio (HG)????
See our issues?

hence why podence and jonny likely to move on,

we are very tight on FG players

Scott wouldnt need to be registered

But this Year B Traore and Ran will.

Fabio should class as HG

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He definitely is. This thread is a classic if you've got time to read it...

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of teams struggling with FFP?

Am I missing something with Villa, or still living off the sale of Grealish?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know others have mentioned it but I do think that the number of over 21 foreign players is as much of a challenge as FFP. If we sign Elvedi that’s another one.

17 allowed. 20 at the moment, but that includes Bolla, Jordao and Guedes, who won't be here next season.

Puts us on 17/17.

Jonny has been told he can leave. So Doherty will replace him in the squad and we are down to 16/17.

Elvedi takes that back up to 17/17.

One in, one out then with the likes of Sa, Raul, Podence and Ait Nouri still on the potential departures list.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lots of teams struggling with FFP?

Am I missing something with Villa, or still living off the sale of Grealish?
100m of pure profit, plus a ground ‘sale’.

They are probably the next cash rich club in the league after City and Newcastle.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio should class as HG

He's still classed as U21, so doesn't need to be registered anyway. Another reason to try to keep him here!

I still think that to ever qualify as HG, he maybe needs to stay this season?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They are probably the next cash rich club in the league after City and Newcastle.
Pretty much,

West ham, everton, wolves, bournemouth, fulham, palace

All need to be very wary of FFP

As do united, who have a 100m budget for the window

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teams aren't just going to roll over and give you their good strikers. Anyone with a decent scoring record will be tough to prise away and as soon as the link appears then other clubs will be piling in like Velociraptors in the long grass.
Nothing changes in the real world .

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's still classed as U21, so doesn't need to be registered anyway. Another reason to try to keep him here!

I still think that to ever qualify as HG, he maybe needs to stay this season?
Correct wolfling - he needs the next season to be HG

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty much,

West ham, everton, wolves, bournemouth, fulham, palace

All need to be very wary of FFP

As do united, who have a 100m budget for the window
Hopefully this is a good part of FFP it is reducing prices.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are they still gaining regards the ground sale, when it comes to revenue therefore FFP?

Even with Newcastle, they still can't get anywhere near the big 6 for revenue. Champs league will obviously make a difference. They have made astute signings and been managed well to be fair.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score

But weren't they forced to sell him just to cover the enormous losses from the first three(?) PL seasons, when they spunked money left right and center on mostly mediocre players?
Or is the ground sale covering the costs for the new players they have bought.
No-one knows, I assume...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But weren't they forced to sell him just to cover the enormous losses from the first three(?) PL seasons, when they spunked money left right and center on mostly mediocre players?

Yes, that £100m plugged a losses gap that season.

But it's rolling 3 years, so when the big losses drop off the back end, the £100m then becomes a tool to spend in future seasons.

We will experience a similar situation, albeit not to the same level, when the funds raised this summer can be put to use again.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
17 allowed. 20 at the moment, but that includes Bolla, Jordao and Guedes, who won't be here next season.

Puts us on 17/17.

Jonny has been told he can leave. So Doherty will replace him in the squad and we are down to 16/17.

Elvedi takes that back up to 17/17.

One in, one out then with the likes of Sa, Raul, Podence and Ait Nouri still on the potential departures list.
As long as a team wants to buy them, and personal terms can be agreed. And those scenarios are not guaranteed by a long chalk - Doubt many overseas clubs (apart from Saudi) will pay the wages that we, as a PL club, do. Going to be difficult.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as a team wants to buy then, and personal terms can be agreed. And those scenarios are not guaranteed by a long chalk - Doubt many overseas clubs (apart from Saudi) will pay the wages that we, as a PL club, do. Going to be difficult.

For those reasons, I can see Jonny being released/mutual termination of contract.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa are protected by Satan, nothing ever seems to touch them, no matter how badly they act.

Antonline1987

Groupie
Reaction score
DOC is HG for Premier league, but not for europa league/ champions league

100 percent i can confirm this.

current squad:

Wolverhampton Wanderers

1. Max Kilman(HG)
  2. Jonny Castro
  3. Raul Jimenez
  4. Sasa
  5. Daniel Podence
  6. Nelson Semedo
  7. Jose Sa
  8. Hee Chan Hwang
  9. Toti Gomes
  10. Elvedi
  11. Pedro Neto
  12. Chiquinho
  13. B Traore
  14. Matheus Nunes
  15. RAN
  16. Matheus Cunha
  17. Mario Lemina
  18. Pablo Sarabia
  19. Craig Dawson(HG)
  20. Daniel Bentley(HG)
  21. Doherty (HG)
  22. Fabio (HG)????
See our issues?

hence why podence and jonny likely to move on,

we are very tight on FG players

Scott wouldnt need to be registered

But this Year B Traore and Ran will.

Fabio should class as HG
you forgot Tom king he's also home grown

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure you’re right, and you’re a good guy so I’m not having a dig - but quoting talking wolves, who are quoting Footyinsider247 probably isn’t the proof you’d hope for!
I'm only having a laugh....I mentioned the player Saturday, cause someone told me ...that's all.....it's only having a laugh.......

The proof will come I reckon......I've mentioned before I've got family who are employed by wolves and they hear zero about transfers.....the info didn't come from them by the way...... some of the stuffs makes me laugh on here.....in a good way or else I wouldn't come on here ....it's all part of the fun...we all share the same passion

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom