Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doherty is probably better than current Jonny....so for cover is probably ok......loan Jonny out to Spain to free up a foreign place as well...

Doherty is also better than Hoever and Sanderson in that role as well......so both could be sold for some funds......

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doherty as a right back would not be able to take up the same positions he did when we played with a back three. Defensively is he good enough? No. This does seem to suggest to me we're not prioritising an upgrade on Semedo, which is concerning to me.

However if it means we can spend more on bringing in a couple of goalscorers to the club, I'm not against it...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doherty would be a perfectly fine signing.

Nowhere near as bad defensively as people try to make out - I do find that very funny. Available on a free, would probably take a short-term deal. Good character.

Again, what are people expecting? It's an area of the pitch that is not a priority, so a cheap option is understandable.

I reckon he would get himself in the XI ahead of Semedo within 3-4 months as well.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a bit harsh on Doc, I don't think you could ever call him fat or lazy for us. He was a key ingredient for Nuno

I think with hindsight it is fairly obvious Doc was one of our most important players in the Nuno system. Without any exaggerating, if we had taken him out at our peak and put in Semedo we would have finished several places lower.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s where things meld together a bit!
433 with 2 holding midfielders and a central attacking one is pretty similar to 4231 ?
Which in turn if played with what I imagine you mean by a proper 10, is really not much different to 442...

Like I say, United really struggled to play that way, or at least to move between the two, as they didn't have the midfielders to do it.

We arguably do, with Lemina and Gomes both sitting.

Gomes and Lemina for me can do both roles, which is really useful.

But I'd much rather we played with one of Lemina or Gomes (or even a new DM) and two more forward thinking players either side.

A holding midfielders, plus two of players like Scott, Nunes and DVB could mean more bodies forward than 2 holding and a 10!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i have zilch on incomings, anyone else?

Anymore on bids for the CBS, Atilla and Nelsson? doubt we have actually bid no real credible sources.

Only thing i know is demebele we were going to offer to , for him to consider

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Julen, I know you like a hard running, big pressing system, but we have the opportunity to bring in a fat, lazy right back whose been bombed out of his last two clubs - does that work for you?”
I do think thats unfair - Doc worked really hard on his fitness under Nuno and that showed. ISTR an article about it, too, but cant find it now.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the biggest problem Donny had at United was Bruno Fernandes. DVB not a holding midfield player, he's more of an 8. Works well in a midfield 3, terrible in a midfield 2. With United, Bruno meant they were always looking at playing the old double pivot, which doesn't work with the players they've got. Casemiro coming in helped that, but still not ideal types of player.

If we're going to play Loetegui's 433 that he played at Seville, I think players like DVB and Arthur Melo could be really shrewd bits of business for one of those outside 8 midfield spots.

But I'd go for a couple of United players ahead of DVB for that position, Fred or McTominay!

Doubt any ManUre player would fit in our wage structure and £15-20M purchase limit

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd much rather we played with one of Lemina or Gomes (or even a new DM) and two more forward thinking players either side.

A holding midfielders, plus two of players like Scott, Nunes and DVB could mean more bodies forward than 2 holding and a 10!
That is precisely what I consider a “proper” 433 to be. But I think it’s a very risky formation if you don’t have 11 top players. The weakest link is easily exposed. I’m not sure we have anywhere near what we’d need. Maybe Lemina in the central DM role with the legs and energy of Gomes & Traore either side (Nunes if he can be what we hope). But I don’t think you’d get away with 2 really attacking players like Scott and DVB (or Probably Nunes) either side of one holder.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
i have zilch on incomings, anyone else?

Anymore on bids for the CBS, Atilla and Nelsson? doubt we have actually bid no real credible sources.

Only thing i know is demebele we were going to offer to , for him to consider
From a proper source, been told we have definitely have enquired about Scott but Bristol are not shifting from their valuation (wasn't told what the number is) as of Friday. We have offered a couple of players in exchange (unnamed but I'm guessing Sanderson / Giles?) to lower the fee but they are not biting.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
After the Renato Sanches rubbish rumour teamtalk did, saying he was about to sign… all their transfer rumours are made up! This included

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been gone for a while, I figure I haven't missed very much in terms of in-comings? Is it the usual "we have to sell before buy" mantra + "no we have to be smart and buy for value at the end of the window"?

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From a proper source, been told we have definitely have enquired about Scott but Bristol are not shifting from their valuation (wasn't told what the number is) as of Friday. We have offered a couple of players in exchange (unnamed but I'm guessing Sanderson / Giles?) to lower the fee but they are not biting.
Told similar but more that we couldnt afford the first instalment. Maybe why exchanging players are being thrown in to the mix.

Back
Top Bottom