Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a note on the teams that played against vitoria, think it was obvious a first team and a second string.

Lets hope that Giles impresses and there can be clarity.

Sanderson and giles played 2nd half,

crucial no podence,

Raul and Sasa coming back from injury.

Ait nouri was also LM ahead of bueno so again gives thoughts into plans perhaps 4-2-3-1

Fraser was leading line

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lling- junior is interesting but I don’t think we need a winger he’s HG though
i think we do need a forward to compete

podence goes alongside traore.

That leaves neto and chiquinho, now if Ran is to be a winger and stays then no, but if he does go, i think we need one more

Edwards or illing jr would fit the bill

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That leaves neto and chiquinho, now if Ran is to be a winger and stays then no, but if he does go, i think we need one more

All depends how we’re going to set up. Do we count Hwang and even Nunes as wide players!?
If it’s 433 or 442 you probably want different sorts of wide players?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
truthfully looked decent at barca hence the huge 60m plus transfer fee to juventus

Hes definitely a cm not an am

Did ok at Juve then fell off the boil, not looked the same since

If its a loan with minimal salary its worth the punt

The transfer to Juve was a scam by the two clubs to get around FFP. I think they're currently both under investigation by it

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we stick with a 4-2-3-1:

New ST/Sasa
Neto/Hwang - Cunha/Silva - Sarabia/Chiquinho
Nunes/Lemina - Gomes/Bouba
Maybe replace Silva with Scott if he ends up leaving. I think a lot depends on seeing an improvement from Neto and Sarabia. I think we'll see a marked improvement in the performance of our forwards if we sign a quality centre forward that can play with their back to goal. I wanted Gyokeres but if we can stretch the budget a bit to get En-Nesyri...

Wolvessince63

Reaction score

Chelsea expected to bid for Montpellier forward Wahi​

Chelsea are expected to bid for Montpellier forward Elye Wahi, according to L'Equipe.
The 20-year-old scored 19 goals in 33 Ligue 1 games last season and is expected to leave this summer.
Eintracht Frankfurt are also interested in Wahi, whose Montpellier deal expires in two years.
The France U21 international has already rejected approaches from Bournemouth, Union Berlin and Lazio.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Umtiti was decent for Lecce last season and put in some very good performances. One stand out was when Lecce beat Lazio, where he was racially abused by the Lazio fans. He stood up to them, played out of his skin.

I just don't think he will be able to cope with the demands and physical nature of the Premier league. I would imagine he would go to Ligue 1 or back to Serie A possibly with a team like Lecce, Monza etc

I must be Mystic Meg. Reports that Monza have opened talks to sign Umtiti as a free agent

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Personally would like Van De Beek here hes far better than hes shown at Man Utd
Not that we are in for him at all
Agree he is well worth considering. I remember the game in Covid restrictions when Man Utd fielded their entire 2nd XI against our first team and absolutely battered us at the Mol (I was there!) with VdB running the entire show and making our vaunted midfield look hopelessly inadequate.... Still only 26/27....

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put me on the No thanks list for Arthur Melo and DVB.

Arthur has ability but he's like João Moutinho but can't stay healthy. He'd be a different option to what our midfield looks right now but, I don't think he's worth the risk. If we get him cheap I'm not going to complain. Just wouldn't do it myself.

DVB, always thought he was overrated. Technically he's not anything special, physically nothing to write home about. He's good at ghosting into the box and getting goals. Which, hasn't been a thing since moving to United. Looked bad at Everton too. Even his old Ajax Boss wants him out.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those revisions to Elye Wahi's wikipedia page have been undone and edits from unregistered users have been blocked.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Arthur has ability but he's like João Moutinho but can't stay healthy. He'd be a different option to what our midfield looks right now but, I don't think he's worth the risk. If we get him cheap I'm not going to complain. Just wouldn't do it myself.

DVB, always thought he was overrated. Technically he's not anything special, physically nothing to write home about. He's good at ghosting into the box and getting goals. Which, hasn't been a thing since moving to United. Looked bad at Everton too. Even his old Ajax Boss wants him out.
DVB description like Dave Edwards lmao

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think the biggest problem Donny had at United was Bruno Fernandes. DVB not a holding midfield player, he's more of an 8. Works well in a midfield 3, terrible in a midfield 2. With United, Bruno meant they were always looking at playing the old double pivot, which doesn't work with the players they've got. Casemiro coming in helped that, but still not ideal types of player.

If we're going to play Loetegui's 433 that he played at Seville, I think players like DVB and Arthur Melo could be really shrewd bits of business for one of those outside 8 midfield spots.

But I'd go for a couple of United players ahead of DVB for that position, Fred or McTominay!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m torn with Doc. I’d take him back for modest wages but wasn’t the general consensus here that he can’t play in a 4 as he isn’t very good defensively? Maybe if we want to play marauding full backs then he could be an answer, though - he absolutely guarantees to offer more than Semedo in an attacking sense.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Julen, I know you like a hard running, big pressing system, but we have the opportunity to bring in a fat, lazy right back whose been bombed out of his last two clubs - does that work for you?”
That's a bit harsh on Doc, I don't think you could ever call him fat or lazy for us. He was a key ingredient for Nuno

MattWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Doc wouldn't be a bad signing at all.

Knows the club, won't cost the earth in wages, and knows where the net is.

We lost a number of goals and assists when he left which, in my opinion, we have never recovered from. Is he a world-beater? No, but it gives us some strength in depth and allows us to spend money in priority areas such as CF and CB.

Clever decision from the club I think.

Back
Top Bottom