Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

SuziQ

Reaction score
Googling the claims about Wahi brings up no reputable source for either of the issues - just some journo claims for the masturbating thing, and not even from the original source (journo made a whole host of claims at the time about various footballers) and a report about the woman filing a complaint but there's no outcome to be found for that.

I would assume the club have done their due diligence before even entering talks to sign this guy so if there was anything in any of it, I would hope they'd be steering clear.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Googling the claims about Wahi brings up no reputable source for either of the issues - just some journo claims for the masturbating thing, and not even from the original source (journo made a whole host of claims at the time about various footballers) and a report about the woman filing a complaint but there's no outcome to be found for that.

I would assume the club have done their due diligence before even entering talks to sign this guy so if there was anything in any of it, I would hope they'd be steering clear.

Just for clarity, these are the only links I can find:

Masturbation claim - Romain Molina's claims

Woman's claim of assault - Montpellier prospect Elye Wahi accused of hitting a woman in a nightclub - Get French Football News

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wikipedia says it’s all lies

Controversy
In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, on the night of 12–13 September a month earlier. It was found that these claims were infact false and the woman was a clout chaser who had previously been recorded suggesting she wanted to 'ruin a footballer's life'. Wahi was acquitted of all charges, with the judge stating "the defendant is very clearly a man of great character, the claims that he would commit such an act are outlandish" and the jury at the time were of the belief that had Wahi not been a footballer, none of this would have transpired. Eyewitnesses backed up Wahi's case. [13]

In November 2021, it was revealed by investigative reporter Jonathan Robson that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms. Once again these claims proved to be false. The incident actually involved Wahi's cousin, Ethan Wahi, to whom Elye looks incredibly similar. This incident was merely a case of mistaken identity, which has lead to Wahi's team filing a lawsuit against Molina. [14][15][3]
Damn clout chasers

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we bring in Bounou I think we'll need another GK for when he goes to ACON in January unless we're comfortable with Bentley and King.
That is a very good point.
Though I’d be comfortable with Bentley, and it may also why we’ve been keen to recruit an experienced third choice already.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we bring in Bounou I think we'll need another GK for when he goes to ACON in January unless we're comfortable with Bentley and King.
We only play 2 games in January, at most he'd miss 5 games I think if Morocco made it to the final. I don't think you can prioritise a #2 for those 5 games, Bentley isn't THAT bad...

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like we’re keeping our cards close to our chests again this summer.

Have we had a real sniff of a genuine rumour yet?

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wikipedia says it’s all lies

Controversy
In October 2021, a 22-year old woman filed a legal complaint against Wahi for violence that resulted in her being incapable to work. She claimed that he had punched her in the nose during an evening out at the L'Entrepôt nightclub in Lattes, Hérault, on the night of 12–13 September a month earlier. It was found that these claims were infact false and the woman was a clout chaser who had previously been recorded suggesting she wanted to 'ruin a footballer's life'. Wahi was acquitted of all charges, with the judge stating "the defendant is very clearly a man of great character, the claims that he would commit such an act are outlandish" and the jury at the time were of the belief that had Wahi not been a footballer, none of this would have transpired. Eyewitnesses backed up Wahi's case. [13]

In November 2021, it was revealed by investigative reporter Jonathan Robson that Wahi had been expelled from Caen's youth academy for allegedly pressuring secondary school students to masturbate in front of him in the bathrooms. Once again these claims proved to be false. The incident actually involved Wahi's cousin, Ethan Wahi, to whom Elye looks incredibly similar. This incident was merely a case of mistaken identity, which has lead to Wahi's team filing a lawsuit against Molina. [14][15][3]
This is the piece that reference 13 points to: Montpellier : le joueur du MHSC Elye Wahi accusé de violences par une femme qui a déposé plainte

It doesn't say what they claim it says.

And references 14, 15, and 3 [missing] don't say what they claim either.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think we can be too picky as to who we sign. We were in a relegation battle for all but the last 3(?) games and we’ve weakened the squad including our best player.

There will be players coming in who aren’t exciting or players coming in who might seem like trouble. But either way, they’re likely better than what we’ve got and we can’t afford to be too picky.
We was mathematical safe when we beat palace with 6 games to go....

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just adding a mobile centre forward who can hit a barn door from 10 yards will make a huge difference to last year. Relax, players will be brought in and it’s better to wait a little and get the right ones than just go for the easy options. If we’re still looking in two weeks break out the Tena pads but until then be pleased we’ve got really good money in for the players we’ve sold and we still have a chance in the Ashes.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score

Main article suggests that Chelsea were actually the English club in talks alongside Frankfurt.

The player is patient and is currently thinking about the best option while Union Berlin, Lazio and Bournemouth have sent proposals that do not interest Elye Wahi.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
My honest opinion is with all the rumour links how often do they come true? Hobbs knows want JL wants and I'd expect to see Spanish players come in.. I reckon Abel Ruiz looks a decent prospect so wouldn't be surprised if we went in for someone like him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My honest opinion is with all the rumour links how often do they come true? Hobbs knows want JL wants and I'd expect to see Spanish players come in.. I reckon Abel Ruiz looks a decent prospect so wouldn't be surprised if we went in for someone like him.
He knows how to put the ball in the net

Latest rumour Mendes trying to help push Melo to the Wolves

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know nothing about him other than him getting injured at Liverpool and vanishing. Any good?
truthfully looked decent at barca hence the huge 60m plus transfer fee to juventus

Hes definitely a cm not an am

Did ok at Juve then fell off the boil, not looked the same since

If its a loan with minimal salary its worth the punt

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
truthfully looked decent at barca hence the huge 60m plus transfer fee to juventus

Hes definitely a cm not an am

Did ok at Juve then fell off the boil, not looked the same since

If its a loan with minimal salary its worth the punt
This for me. Not sure why people are so against this as a loan…

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know nothing about him other than him getting injured at Liverpool and vanishing. Any good?

I don't think he was injured as such. He was forced to train on his own for some time at Juve, then just could never get going at Liverpool.

Odd that he joined a side that was so physically demanding.

He has real pedigree and talent and maybe a full pre-season could help him too.

Just need to get him in ASAP if that's the case!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he was injured as such. He was forced to train on his own for some time at Juve, then just could never get going at Liverpool.

Odd that he joined a side that was so physically demanding.

He has real pedigree and talent and maybe a full pre-season could help him too.

Just need to get him in ASAP if that's the case!
he needs a preseason needs to be bedded, and i would at least see if we could get an option in there because he genuinely could be awesome, was an international 60m transfer from barca to juve, 26 it could be astute business, it was why there was quite a lot of positive hype before he went liverpool

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i expect some more rumours this week, i believe lemina and the portugeese internationals should be with them by wednesday

Bolla should be the same

Neto and Silva dont know,

B Traore Lembikisa still end of july

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
99.9% of rumours are not true (source Jeff Shi)

The 00.1% that are true usually break 24-48hrs before they actually happen

Edit: Doesn't mean it's not fun discussing them. Just don't get hung up on them as they will likely not come true.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
he needs a preseason needs to be bedded, and i would at least see if we could get an option in there because he genuinely could be awesome, was an international 60m transfer from barca to juve, 26 it could be astute business, it was why there was quite a lot of positive hype before he went liverpool
The £60m transfer was a swap deal purely for Barca and juve to try and get round FFP

Back
Top Bottom