Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on what I’m reading I can’t see that there is much chance of Scott ending up here unfortunately.

I’m ok with the current focus on sales, but I just don’t want to see an identical summer to the last one - preseason tour cancelled, players brought in as the new season is kicking off, team looking unfit, confused and off the pace.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is there aren't that many about.

Just wait till Brighton unearth another one! Or Forest, Luton, whoever. All for less than we have paid for non-goal scoring failures.

The strikers of the future are out there somewhere. The clubs who find them will be the ones who reap the rewards. Exactly what we did with Raul. I can't believe that is the end of the story and there are no more out there.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Based on what I’m reading I can’t see that there is much chance of Scott ending up here unfortunately.

I’m ok with the current focus on sales, but I just don’t want to see an identical summer to the last one - preseason tour cancelled, players brought in as the new season is kicking off, team looking unfit, confused and off the pace.
Agree i just dont see the scott deal coming off. We keep being stung by paying out huge sums for potential, i just dont see us doing it again for a while unless we can get it to below 20m, which seems unlikely unless bristol city want to bring in players quickly as well. I reslly dont think the team will be unfit and off the pace when we start. With what lops did with them in the winter mini pre season, im confident he will have them fired up and ready to go. Focus needs to remain on getting those who he doesnt want here or dont want to be here themselves out so we know exactly what positions we need to be replacing with.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wilfried Gnonto will leave Leeds United and is valued around €25m.

In recent days they have also received an approach from Aston Villa for the 19-year old forward.

[Alfredo Pedulla]

I would much rather him than Scott

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Madeley

@SteveMadeley78

The next couple of weeks are likely to be uncomfortable for Wolves fans. Some big players gone, others could follow and no incomings particularly close. But if things go to plan, the clearout could ultimately be exciting. ⁦
@TheAthleticFC
#WWFC
Reading this is exactly what I think to myself when I am having a bad attack of constipation. :rolleyes:

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Madeley
@SteveMadeley78

The next couple of weeks are likely to be uncomfortable for Wolves fans. Some big players gone, others could follow and no incomings particularly close. But if things go to plan, the clearout could ultimately be exciting. ⁦
@TheAthleticFC
#WWFC
Reading this is exactly what I think to myself when I am having a bad attack of constipation. :rolleyes:
If Madeley's job is to lazily summarise Molineux Mix, he's nailed it with that.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

looking more likely if you take the italians journos really not a big jump 5m

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
would he do a job for us?

HG?

Hudson-Odoi decides to leave Chelsea​

Callum Hudson-Odoi has decided to leave Chelsea this summer, according to The Athletic.
Hudson-Odoi, who spent last season on loan at Bayer Leverkusen, still has one year left on his contract.
The England international is reporting for the first day of pre-season training at Chelsea on Tuesday afternoon under new head coach Mauricio Pochettino but does not expect to be at the club much longer.
Chelsea were already prepared to listen to offers for the 22-year-old, who has been at the club since he joined the U8s team.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

HG?

Callum Hudson-Odoi has decided to leave Chelsea this summer, according to The Athletic.
Hudson-Odoi, who spent last season on loan at Bayer Leverkusen, still has one year left on his contract.
The England international is reporting for the first day of pre-season training at Chelsea on Tuesday afternoon under new head coach Mauricio Pochettino but does not expect to be at the club much longer.
Chelsea were already prepared to listen to offers for the 22-year-old, who has been at the club since he joined the U8s team.
Linked with Forest I saw earlier. I'm guessing he played under Cooper with England U20's?

Coops

Reaction score

HG?

How is he still only 22 years old? Feel like he's been around forever.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Kilman could be more suited to Serie A than the Premier League, as it isn't generally as fast a paced league. I'm hoping that JL's of the opinion that Dawson's great positional sense and defending needs complimenting with defenders who are mobile and quick. Defenders with pace and mobility not only get turned less often but can also be quicker to the ball to start off attacks.
I personally think we've lacked pace through the spine of the team for a long time.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Steve Madeley
@SteveMadeley78

@TheAthleticFC
#WWFC
What a waste of words.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been critical of our signings policy so far this Summer, but crikey, not even I think Wolves would leave it to potentially less than three weeks before the start of the season as Madeley is implying here.

Will be foolish if we do. Not much time to integrate new signings in before the season starts. Not ideal at all and we saw what happened last pre season and the start we had.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama going to AC Milan apparently. They’re skint this summer, so they’re having to do things on the cheap to stay competitive. Big reason why they ended up reluctantly selling Tonali to Newcastle.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is, he HAS to write something. But if there's nothing to report as nothing is imminent and/or he has no inside info all you end up with completely irrelevant pieces like this.
I know it's a difficult job and I don't like some of the personal abuse aimed at Madeley.
But for its Wolves content, The Atletic is worthless
I do enjoy lots of other articles from them. Often well researched and with lots of good insightful stuff.
If onky we had the same with Wolves...

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thought it was only 2 btw to grasshoppers so we are done with who we can send

Definitely 3 (we also have Sangbin Jeong, Kawabe & Bolla on loan there last season )

The below is a subset of FIFA's loan rules - only change from last year is it now 7 in/7 out over the season, rather than 8 last season.

Each league is obviously free to set their own within those limitations (for example PL only allow 2 at any one time), however I don't believe the Swiss Super League differs from FIFA

loans.jpg

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

HG?

Technically, yes he would be a great signing. But I'm always wary of players his age leaving bigger clubs; they don't often start again on an upward trajectory.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was a betting man, which I am not, then I would say there will be no signings this week apart from this bloke from Northampton Town. That is the feeling I get.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

HG?

Reported to be on £120k/week....

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama going to AC Milan apparently. They’re skint this summer, so they’re having to do things on the cheap to stay competitive. Big reason why they ended up reluctantly selling Tonali to Newcastle.
Joining Loftus-Cheek then.
Still a good move for both of them I guess with Champions League football.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was a betting man, which I am not, then I would say there will be no signings this week apart from this bloke from Northampton Town. That is the feeling I get.
As long as a majority of the signings are in before or during the more tactical and technical side of pre season then it’s ok. What we don’t want is the season to start and we still have most of our shopping list to buy.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I feel the opposite, mind you I did last season, at least we are not relying on Sellars

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Collins to Brentford for around £23m has just been confirmed.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I ignore him like I do most boggie supporters I know. Think he likes to provoke the pant wetting Wolves fans on twitter.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting Hobbs quote from the Collins story:

"“Sometimes a deal arrives which works for both parties. Nathan can go and get his football and we protect ourselves in the long-term, so when he achieves what I think he’ll achieve, we’ll also see a benefit from that."

Sounds like a sell on clause has been included.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"“Sometimes a deal arrives which works for both parties. Nathan can go and get his football and we protect ourselves in the long-term, so when he achieves what I think he’ll achieve, we’ll also see a benefit from that."

It does doesn't it. And also sounds that he wasn't going to be first choice here regardless of any other ins or outs.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

.... and/or some hefty performance payments....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or the fact that they don’t think he is actually that good and may be more likely to lose money if they keep him another season and he doesn’t kick on or develop.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeping a centre back on the bench for an entire season when they’re out of favour makes zero sense when it’s clear the manager doesn’t have a lot of faith in him. A £7m profit (£23m - £16m book value) is decent considering he’s played so rarely since the turn of the year, and considering the problems we are facing with FFP which make him a luxury we can’t afford when an offer like this arrives.

Good luck to him, always felt he’s a little bit of a liability with the ball, but he’ll suit Brentford’s back three.

Back
Top Bottom