Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona are trying to sell players by Friday because June 30 is the end of their financial year and they need to close sales by then.

The Spanish champions are trying to offload centre-backs Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti, USA right-back Sergino Dest, and attackers Gustavo Maia and Alex Collado, who could join Las Palmas.

Lenglet spent last season on loan at Tottenham. The Frenchman remains an option for a permanent switch there but there is no agreement between the clubs, contrary to reports.

Dest, umtiti any value to us?
Was hoping we had heard the last of Barcelona in a summer transfer thread ..was there any need to bring them up , just for the sake of it ...

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal haven't signed anyone
Bournemouth have only signed someone who was on loan there
Everton haven't signed anyone
Fulham haven't signed anyone
Man Utd haven't signed anyone
Newcastle have only signed an 18 year old from Odense Boldklub
Sheffield Utd haven't signed anyone
West Ham haven't signed anyone
So that's 9 including Wolves. Must mean that 11 have by my basic maths!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona are trying to sell players by Friday because June 30 is the end of their financial year and they need to close sales by then.

The Spanish champions are trying to offload centre-backs Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti, USA right-back Sergino Dest, and attackers Gustavo Maia and Alex Collado, who could join Las Palmas.

Lenglet spent last season on loan at Tottenham. The Frenchman remains an option for a permanent switch there but there is no agreement between the clubs, contrary to reports.

Dest, umtiti any value to us?

Trouble is that they need cash but rarely have I seen them sell at discounted prices, and Mendes is not going to sell them short.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that's 9 including Wolves. Must mean that 11 have by my basic maths!
As i said Luton and Man City havent bought anyone in yet either so thats 11 not done business
Several others have only done minor signings and if we are being pedantic we have technically bought Boubacar Traore this window

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The issue is that out of contract players in their 30's tend to become less motivated towards the end of the season.

Desperate to avoid injury and sort their next move. Even model pros like Moutinho!

Strikers are so important. I don't really want to be relying on an out of form, out of contract player.
may not have that choice sadly

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Off the pitch, all the reports about Costa were that he was a really good bloke; off the pitch Wahi is alledged to have hit a woman in a nightclub and encouraged academy footballer to perform sexual act in front of him. Bit of a difference.
I agree completely, but rather than 'encourage' I think the allegation is he threatened them with physical violence, and it's not fully clear that it was academy players; some reports say school/college students. EDIT: (He was probably the same age as them at the time, but even so it looks bad.)

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swansea Joel Piroe . Rumours of a move to Leicester .
Why don’t we make an attempt at this sort of purchase

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently that reporter on his Wikipedia admitted the story about the academy was wrong and he actually got expelled for punching a supervisor …

Bit of a difference between a hot-headed punch as a youth player and effectively being a sex offender! Might want to get his Wikipedia profile updated.

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ITKs know if we are in for Ward-Prowse from Southampton- should be someone we have an interest in, and Saints must need the money and get his wages off the books?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can see it now, Friday 1st September, 11.01pm, Matt Hobbs speaks to the media.......

"Yes, undoubtedly it's been a frustrating window for everyone at the club. But I think we have already made our most important signing of the season when Julen committed to stay on as manager."

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If anybody here parlais le francaise could you tell me/us what the gist of this is, please? I don't know for certain that it's really Molina (the journalist) but I believe it is him being interviewed.

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ITKs know if we are in for Ward-Prowse from Southampton- should be someone we have an interest in, and Saints must need the money and get his wages off the books?
They’re asking for a stupid fee for him. I’m sure they will get near what they’re asking for nearer the deadline but I can’t imagine he’s at the top of anybody who can afford him’s wish list.

Back
Top Bottom