Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Playing where exactly? And I say the price is low because apart from ability he should an absolutely poor temperament last season. A Newcastle where things are on the up would have suited him but that Howe didn't make a move speak volumes as to what effect a player like him would have in a dressing room.
Depends on the formation Ange plays. He can play anywhere in a 3 behind Kane, for example. They wouldn’t have signed him if he wasn’t on the manager’s list (I think) so there’s obviously a role for him.

Newcastle don’t suit him at all. Howe has them playing very fast paced, aggressive football. It would be a terrible signing for them, not because he is perceived as an idiot but because he wouldn’t fit into their system/style.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
What about Everton as well.
i have`nt read all through this thread so apologies if i am repeating but i am sure i read on sky sports news last week that their case is being dealt with in October.now that could be an interesting outcome

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can just about understand the idea of selling Collins.
But I’ll be bewildered if we except a penny less than £25M. Not made up with add ons either.
Plus a sell on clause.
We are reluctant to sell apparently so no reason to accept a lower offer,plus other teams interested in him, so if Brentford really want him stump up the cash

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
there’s some on here who claim to be in the know, and use the “i’ve head that too” line. i doubt whether they are as nothing they have ever said actually happens.

from an ITK pov however, i’ve found that certain posters will doubt what’s being said because they simply don’t like it.

i had regular contact with a lot of players and staff at the start of 2010s, and used to liaise with a a lot of the new younger signings about stuff.
I shared a few bits and got pelters for it, even though the source was as close to legit as it gets. People didn’t like hearing it, so had a go.
i evens shred a new signing (Pescko) so therefore proved i had a little bit of credibility but still people doubted what i said as they didn’t like it!!
humans are funny things!!

I think Maddison is such a Spurs player, lacks bottle and drive. never kicked in for me

nope as few have actually strengthens as it is such a slow start as every summer is. i wouldn’t confuse not hearing too much with nothing happening.

completely agree

i rate the pair of them !!

He's such a Spurs player, in the sense that they sign players with his ability and ruin them. It's almost destined.

The only way he hasn't pushed on, is staying at Leicester, same with Neves with us, according to neutrals. Doesn't mean he's not approving

He's certainly pushed on statistically.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's such a Spurs player, in the sense that they sign players with his ability and ruin them. It's almost destined.

The only way he hasn't pushed on, is staying at Leicester, same with Neves with us, according to neutrals. Doesn't mean he's not approving

He's certainly pushed on statistically.
i don’t profess to be stats driven, more on what i see.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think under Ange Spurs will be much more on the front foot and Maddison will fit in really well. He’ll create chances for Kan, Son and Richarlison. Spurs have decent defensive midfielders and Maddison will add the creativity.

Kane, Madison, Richarlison & Son has potential to be a very good front 4. Proper good.

A hard bunch to love! (Apart from Son) but should have plenty of goals in them.

How long is Kane going to be there though? Take Kane out and Spurs will have a hard job to replace him with even 50% of his output.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im only letting people know, that raul may not be let go this year and will remain an option

But equally he may go for the right offer
Surely the only way he stays is if we have no choice and get no offers? Which is more than likely given his recent history and surgery.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How are we paying more for Cunha than Maddison, who is English and better.
But Maddison doesn’t pass the “no dick heads policy” either. No where near to the same extent as some, but still not a great character.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else getting concerned at the lack of signings at Wolves? Our rivals seem to be strengthening and although it's still early in the window; Loppy said he wanted his players in early. Getting players out the door, but none coming in the opposite direction it seems (as yet).
No, early days yet.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im only letting people know, that raul may not be let go this year and will remain an option

But equally he may go for the right offer
So no offers so far, and no hint of any interest, so has to remain an option until there is interest.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kane is going to leave i reckon
Last year of his contract I think. Will Levy risk losing out on the money, will Kane want to leave London, Will Kane sign a contract extension and never win anything?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be fine if raul stays, providing we sign a quality striker that scores goals

Raul was playing well when with Cunha for a few games

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i have`nt read all through this thread so apologies if i am repeating but i am sure i read on sky sports news last week that their case is being dealt with in October.now that could be an interesting outcome
That would be a bit ridiculous wouldn’t it, but typical.

Evertons case should be held before the season starts as there is a likelihood of a points deduction. Surely, they need to know about it before the season starts and not after they’ve played 6 or 7 matches!

Man City’s on the other hand? Apparently that could drag on and on.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I’d want more than Raul can offer for £100k a week.
the problem is you don’t sell a player, someone buys them.
For £100k a week i would keep him unless he’s willing to accept far less money than that.
i suspect even if we wanted no fee, that we’d struggle because of the wage, if he is money orientated like this.
otherwise let’s keep him, a fully fit
and motivated Raul is a huge asset
Be fine if raul stays, providing we sign a quality striker that scores goals

Raul was playing well when with Cunha for a few games
I like those two together. Neto too.
Nunes ahead of Gomes and Lemina.
there’s far worse front 6s

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona are trying to sell players by Friday because June 30 is the end of their financial year and they need to close sales by then.

The Spanish champions are trying to offload centre-backs Clement Lenglet and Samuel Umtiti, USA right-back Sergino Dest, and attackers Gustavo Maia and Alex Collado, who could join Las Palmas.

Lenglet spent last season on loan at Tottenham. The Frenchman remains an option for a permanent switch there but there is no agreement between the clubs, contrary to reports.

Dest, umtiti any value to us?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the problem is you don’t sell a player, someone buys them.
For £100k a week i would keep him unless he’s willing to accept far less money than that.
i suspect even if we wanted no fee, that we’d struggle because of the wage, if he is money orientated like this.
otherwise let’s keep him, a fully fit
and motivated Raul is a huge asset

I like those two together. Neto too.
Nunes ahead of Gomes and Lemina.
there’s far worse front 6s

The issue is that out of contract players in their 30's tend to become less motivated towards the end of the season.

Desperate to avoid injury and sort their next move. Even model pros like Moutinho!

Strikers are so important. I don't really want to be relying on an out of form, out of contract player.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kane, Madison, Richarlison & Son has potential to be a very good front 4. Proper good.

A hard bunch to love! (Apart from Son) but should have plenty of goals in them.
Except one of them is going.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
city out of race for rice, pretty much arsenal bound now, they just need to iron out the fee terms

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For adama, its currently Roma and AC milan, Roma is an option for Traore, but he would prefer AC, obviously given they will be champs league next year

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stats are sometimes a misnomer, have a butchers at Modric numbers for example.
Maddisons stats are very good I think over the last couple of seasons, think he was 2nd for assists and goals in 2022?
For an average Leicester side as well.

Whether his goals will fill in for missing Kane's guaranteed 30 a season is unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom