Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£105m + for Declan Rice

If he is double the player/value of Ruben Neves then I am 21. Just not having it.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a little more than an imperfection to be perfectly honest. I'd rather we were relegated than sign players with a record like that.
I definetly agree.
It´s not that this lad,who do seem to be a real *****,is the only available forward out there.
**** him..I don´t want guys like this in Old Gold and Black.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There has been plenty of ITKs hounded of this forum in the past which is why we get so little info now.
I agree
10 years or so back you really needed a thick skin and sharp retort to stay viable on here it was horrendous
Seen many a poster hounded off the site just for daring to give a different view point, never mind being ITK lol
Things are way better now some of the, lets say bigger personalities have gone

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£40m for Maddison is a steal. Unless there’s a release clause I don’t see why they’ve not played hardball.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree
10 years or so back you really needed a thick skin and sharp retort to stay viable on here it was horrendous
Seen many a poster hounded off the site just for daring to give a different view point, never mind being ITK lol
The mods work hard to try keeping threads on topic and quash stupid arguments.

Hopefully they clamp down on the ITK hounding idiots.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else getting concerned at the lack of signings at Wolves? Our rivals seem to be strengthening and although it's still early in the window; Loppy said he wanted his players in early. Getting players out the door, but none coming in the opposite direction it seems (as yet).

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else getting concerned at the lack of signings at Wolves? Our rivals seem to be strengthening and although it's still early in the window; Loppy said he wanted his players in early. Getting players out the door, but none coming in the opposite direction it seems (as yet).
Ill be concerned if we havent made some moves by end of next week

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d personally sell Collins and Coady which will free up sufficient funds to allow JL to reinvest in players that he wants.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it is. He is not a battler, when the going gets tough, Maddison goes hiding. Doesn't really enhance Spurs that much.
Respectfully disagree. I reckon he’s going to fit right in to the system that Ange will try to implement - if Conte was still manager then I would definitely see this move going tits up.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, Wahi is a no. Not sure I can back someone with his past, at all.
I am totally confident that Matt Hobbs and his recruitment team will have all the due diligence checks on him.

Any past problems will have been identified and if they do exist, he won’t be a Wolves signing that’s for sure!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it is. He is not a battler, when the going gets tough, Maddison goes hiding. Doesn't really enhance Spurs that much.
He’ll be better than Harry Winks and Oliver Skipp though!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. I reckon he’s going to fit right in to the system that Ange will try to implement - if Conte was still manager then I would definitely see this move going tits up.
Playing where exactly? And I say the price is low because apart from ability he should an absolutely poor temperament last season. A Newcastle where things are on the up would have suited him but that Howe didn't make a move speak volumes as to what effect a player like him would have in a dressing room.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, think he improves in a better team where he’s not having to carry everyone. Good signing for them I reckon.

Reactions: Ned

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Arsenal haven't signed anyone
Bournemouth have only signed someone who was on loan there
Everton haven't signed anyone
Fulham haven't signed anyone
Man Utd haven't signed anyone
Newcastle have only signed an 18 year old from Odense Boldklub
Sheffield Utd haven't signed anyone
West Ham haven't signed anyone

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Maddison is a show pony ...the fact he had gone to Spurs sums him up ....just run around looking at yourself and haven't got to win anything.....good on his day but not as good as he thinks he is ..

No desire join a club who is going places. ..not easy street Spurs...he wouldn't want to put the hard graft in required at Newcastle

Last edited:

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
£40m for Maddison is a steal. Unless there’s a release clause I don’t see why they’ve not played hardball.
1 year left on his deal and sketchy injury history, also arguably not a system player and stood out in a poor Leicester side.

That being said id love him here, we should have signed him from Norwich, not sure where he fits in at spurs though with Son, Kulesevski, richarlason all vying to play off Kane already. Be interesting to see.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree
there’s some on here who claim to be in the know, and use the “i’ve head that too” line. i doubt whether they are as nothing they have ever said actually happens.

from an ITK pov however, i’ve found that certain posters will doubt what’s being said because they simply don’t like it.

i had regular contact with a lot of players and staff at the start of 2010s, and used to liaise with a a lot of the new younger signings about stuff.
I shared a few bits and got pelters for it, even though the source was as close to legit as it gets. People didn’t like hearing it, so had a go.
i evens shred a new signing (Pescko) so therefore proved i had a little bit of credibility but still people doubted what i said as they didn’t like it!!
humans are funny things!!
How are we paying more for Cunha than Maddison, who is English and better.
I think Maddison is such a Spurs player, lacks bottle and drive. never kicked in for me
nope as few have actually strengthens as it is such a slow start as every summer is. i wouldn’t confuse not hearing too much with nothing happening.
completely agree
He’ll be better than Harry Winks and Oliver Skipp though!
i rate the pair of them !!

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal haven't signed anyone
Bournemouth have only signed someone who was on loan there
Everton haven't signed anyone
Fulham haven't signed anyone
Man Utd haven't signed anyone
Newcastle have only signed an 18 year old from Odense Boldklub
Sheffield Utd haven't signed anyone
West Ham haven't signed anyone
You can add Luton and Man City to that list and most teams have only added one so far

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
there’s some on here who claim to be in the know, and use the “i’ve head that too” line. i doubt whether they are as nothing they have ever said actually happens.

from an ITK pov however, i’ve found that certain posters will doubt what’s being said because they simply don’t like it.

i had regular contact with a lot of players and staff at the start of 2010s, and used to liaise with a a lot of the new younger signings about stuff.
I shared a few bits and got pelters for it, even though the source was as close to legit as it gets. People didn’t like hearing it, so had a go.
i evens shred a new signing (Pescko) so therefore proved i had a little bit of credibility but still people doubted what i said as they didn’t like it!!
humans are funny things!!

I think Maddison is such a Spurs player, lacks bottle and drive. never kicked in for me

nope as few have actually strengthens as it is such a slow start as every summer is. i wouldn’t confuse not hearing too much with nothing happening.

completely agree

i rate the pair of them !!
I've heard that too!

Madmalc

Reaction score
was Costa a ******** off the pitch ?
By all accounts Costa was brilliant for us, he did have a bit of a reputation but was actually a great addition.
That was my point, reputation vs reality can be chalk and cheese.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maddison hasnt played well for Leicester for over a season if you believe their fans. Along with Tielemans didnt show up for a relegation battle when they needed them to. Seems a typical Spurs player. Good when the team is playing well but doesnt stand up when they arent.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think under Ange Spurs will be much more on the front foot and Maddison will fit in really well. He’ll create chances for Kan, Son and Richarlison. Spurs have decent defensive midfielders and Maddison will add the creativity.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kane, Madison, Richarlison & Son has potential to be a very good front 4. Proper good.

A hard bunch to love! (Apart from Son) but should have plenty of goals in them.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maddison seems to be one who polarises opinion. Personally think he’s a brilliant player for a decent team to have rather than a struggling one. Think he would have been better off though at say Liverpool than Spurs.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1 year left on his deal and sketchy injury history, also arguably not a system player and stood out in a poor Leicester side.

That being said id love him here, we should have signed him from Norwich, not sure where he fits in at spurs though with Son, Kulesevski, richarlason all vying to play off Kane already. Be interesting to see.
Ah, I didn’t realise the contract situation.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom