Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No manager has ever taken the team bottom at Xmas to safety with three games to go. No one ever.
Yes……we all know that. There’s no disagreement, is there?
Certainly not from me on that point.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve probably been told ahead of time to find new clubs because they’re now surplus to requirements. He hasn’t ‘lost the dressing room’, he's clearing out the dressing room.
You mightn’t get any resistance from some of them.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's not been a great season, in fact it's been rubbish, but we've finished 13th, home form hasn't been too bad under JL and on the whole things have been on the up. Yes it's going to be a big summer with lots of change, but I'd rather stay positive, have some faith in Lopetegui, but at the same time he needs to earn his money and show some flexibility and ingenuity and find a way to progress the club, giving up isn't the answer show his managerial mettle, I'm sure he can do it.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They invest in overpriced Mendes clients that don't improve the squad but rather fill up Gestifute's pockets, of which they own 20% of course....
Fosun have invested the best part of £200 million this season.
I also bet that maths must have passed you by at school!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please answer the question.
I don’t care about what’s been served up as we’ll be playing in the premier league next season. Now it’s down to Fosun to back the manager overhaul the squad and move forward.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We all know lack of investment isn't the problem. Or in other words. It is obviously a problem now, but because poor decision making has left us in this state. I mean just the 80+ million on Guedes, Collins and Nunes. Absolutely dreadful.
And as much in favour of Julen as I am, he was responsible for the 40+ million on players who didn't even start today.
Whoever comes in will have nearly impossible job on his hand.
As for Lopetegui. I rate him highly and if the task was to build on this, sign the supposedly 5 players and aim for at least a top 10 position next season, then surely hed be perfect.
But it's a different vision now it seems as there's not even money to resign out of contract players. So what kind of project are we looking at now? And what kind of manager is needed?

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant understand why we’d let Adama walk for nothing when we could resign him and he’d be an asset. If that really is the case then I’d be very very worried going into the new season.
We can’t force him to sign, from my understanding there has been a contract offered for well over a year

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season has been so draining from day one till now and even though we are safe the last few days have left me feeling worse about everything Wolves than when Lopetegui first came in and the mess he inherited tbh.

Go back a month or so and we are safe and all looking forward to the new season with Lopetegui with new players to go with the ones we signed in January and looking to push on with positivity that we can look up rather than down for the new season coming up....... Well we finishing the season with a 5-0 loss and that isn't close to being the worse part to be honest....... Looks like we now have an unhappy manager who keeps airing everything to the press which shows a lack of respect to the club for me, we have unhappy players who can't be bothered to show up at Molineux for the last home game.... Then we have the whole FFP situation and we can't sign players but not just that we can't give contracts to players who are already at the club?! We look a complete mess and all we get from Wolves is silence.

I'm just glad the season has finished but can't help but be a little worried with how things are going....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I should be more appreciative of what Loppy has achieved, but I'm not. His brief was to keep us up, by hook or by crook, so why do I feel total apathy about him? Maybe it's to do with the 'style' of football, maybe it's to do with lack of identity we as a club have, maybe it's to do with his and Wolves' disciplinary record, maybe it's to do with him dragging Wolves through the media, maybe it's to do with the way he seems to have alienated some of the players. Maybe it's a combination of all of those things.
What I do know is that I should be looking forwards to a reset, a change of style and system through the close season into next, but I'm now unsure whether next season will be any better than this and that's down to the uncertainty that Loppy has developed. I should want a manager with Loppy's CV at Wolves, but I don't. If he goes, I'll live with it. If he stays, there will always be something at the back of my mind that makes me think he's not totally committed and possibly looking for greener grass.
What a **** way to feel after Wolves has secured a 6th successive Premier League season!
Well put.
You summed up my thoughts nearly word for word.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Need this sorting asap.

Got to start planning for next season. No reason why we can't finish top half but everyone needs to be on the same page and focussed on developing the squad.

Massive summer. Get it sorted either way and let's move forward.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Lopetegui is about to jump ship then.
You cannot go public over and over like he does.
Lopetegui and Neves goes together with a bunch of other players.
Jeff Shi stays on and will trawl the market for some cheap loans for next season.
The old chickens from transfer windows past is coming home to roost.
Looks to me we haven´t got a pot to **** in.
Time to strap oneself up once again and start a bumpy ride.
Nothing new to an old Wolves fan.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They invest in overpriced Mendes clients that don't improve the squad but rather fill up Gestifute's pockets, of which they own 20% of course....
I'd agree with that point if doing that wouldn't at the same time decrease the value of another product they own...Wolves

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t care about what’s been served up as we’ll be playing in the premier league next season. Now it’s down to Fosun to back the manager overhaul the squad and move forward.
Agreed….the season is finished and hopefully we’ll get in some good new players and we do well next season.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a ****ing mess. Moaning manager. **** tactics. Poor defensive coaching. Yes we have stayed up and that’s great , but , what the **** is going on ? 6-0 defeat. 5-0 defeat. Even Lage wasn’t this bad
I say stop ****ing moaning and get on with it. If not. **** off

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Julen is saying he wants to re sign players but can’t then I’d guess adama wants to sign.

I don't feel as if Traore has ever wanted to stay, it seems to have dragged on for 2/3 years can't see a change of heart from him at this point, can always be wrong though.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The vibes are awful. A league one side would have given Arsenal a sterner test today and we have a team of internationals on a good wedge with an elite manager. Zero pride or fight at all. Tbh I feel like we we either back him and get shot of a lot of this squad or we do something different.

T

TheConcourse

I’m indifferent as to whether he stays or goes to be honest

He’s made himself look a right tit by playing this all out in the media and Shi has shown again he hasn’t got a clue how to run a football club.

What a shambles.
Same.
We all know lack of investment isn't the problem. Or in other words. It is obviously a problem now, but because poor decision making has left us in this state. I mean just the 80+ million on Guedes, Collins and Nunes. Absolutely dreadful.
And as much in favour of Julen as I am, he was responsible for the 40+ million on players who didn't even start today.
Whoever comes in will have nearly impossible job on his hand.
As for Lopetegui. I rate him highly and if the task was to build on this, sign the supposedly 5 players and aim for at least a top 10 position next season, then surely hed be perfect.
But it's a different vision now it seems as there's not even money to resign out of contract players. So what kind of project are we looking at now? And what kind of manager is needed?
Exactly this. Jeff is responsible for this outcome. His recruitment strategy has seen us spend an absolute fortune on players that have made zero impact.

Fosun backed Jeff. Now they can’t/won’t. Justified? Probably. Would you give him any more money if you were sat in Guo Towers?

Back
Top Bottom