Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Madmalc

Reaction score
Given RAN will be wanted by all the top clubs in Europe I really hope we don't do something daft and swap him for unproven kids at those clubs but get good hard cash instead.
According to the media, Neves has been wanted by all top sides in Europe ever since he has been here and no sensible bids have come in.
So why should sensible bids come in for a bit part player, who the current manager doesn't give game time to?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All these bought in players have big wage expectations. It's a combination of wage bill and spending 30-40 million on players who don't contribute to the onfield success of the club. When you're writing down 7-10m on a player who isn't playing for you, it soon adds up.
The pay from the TV sponsors depends on where you finish in the league. The lower down you are the less you get.
The pay from the TV companies also depends on the demand to watch your team, given that we got tagged with 'Wolverhampton nil' I doubt we were the most highly watched team this year.
The pay from TV deals will be similar to what it has been, there isn't a great deal of fluctuation there if you go and have a look at previous years. The bigger teams make marginally more, but it's the sponsorships and commercial revenue among other things that are the major difference in power of spending between a club like Wolves and a 'top 6' club.

You are right every player we are likely to sign is paid a good wage, but we're also reducing our wage bill significantly in the summer when the likes of Moutinho, Raul, Adama, Jonny, Costa etc. move on. It's not the doomsday scenario you seem to want to paint. We will spend, it's just a matter of when we spend, as so many players need moving on.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is going to drag on till August isn't it...
Absolutely ridiculous. Neves is such an influential player that he automatically has an enormous impact in the way the whole team works.
We truly need a whole summer of adapting to a new way of playing, with a new midfield up and running where everybody knows their roles and responsibilities

But there's not much the club can do is there? Completely at the mercy of Barcelonas wishes and needs..

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca continuing to **** Wolves around. Means the likes of Kilman and RAN will be sold early doors IMO to give JL money.

Collins is like Bambi on ice and will never be the answer. Cannot even do the simple things properly. In the first half he backed out of a simple header and let the ball bounce. DCL nearly scored but for a clumsy Toti to knock him off balance. One bounce is bad, two bounces and the ball is in the net. Seriously think we should sell if there is any interest.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're going to need a CB to challenge Kilman because Collins isn't the man who can do that, can't quite believe how poor he was today.
David Garcia for £20m I’d guess or possibly Nacho who’s available on a free.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barca continuing to **** Wolves around. Means the likes of Kilman and RAN will be sold early doors IMO to give JL money.

Collins is like Bambi on ice and will never be the answer. Cannot even do the simple things properly. In the first half he backed out of a simple header and let the ball bounce. DCL nearly scored but for a clumsy Toti to knock him off balance. One bounce is bad, two bounces and the ball is in the net. Seriously think we should sell if there is any interest.
Have to agree, he's rubbish. Total dud.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're going to need a CB to challenge Kilman because Collins isn't the man who can do that, can't quite believe how poor he was today.

He was no worse then Dawson today yet gets stick.

If you want to get your pitchforks out for a player I'd look at Semedo who was the worse player on the pitch today by a margin

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was no worse then Dawson today yet gets stick.

If you want to get your pitchforks out for a player I'd look at Semedo who was the worse player on the pitch today by a margin
I’d be tempted to offer Neves to United for AWB plus cash and then sell Semedo.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Meanwhile, at Wolverhampton they are practically sure of losing Rubén Neves and Joao Moutinho in the next market. There is also talk of offers for left-footed center back Max Kilman.

Quite a reliable source I believe. Neves and Kilman would generate by far the biggest profit in our squad in terms of easing FFP concerns because there is little to no amortisation left for Neves and Kilman was homegrown so it's purely profit, so it's not exactly a surprise to me. I'd be gutted to lose Kilman, but I don't think either are irreplaceable.

One step back to take two steps forward.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Quite a reliable source I believe. Neves and Kilman would generate by far the biggest profit in our squad in terms of easing FFP concerns because there is little to no amortisation left for Neves and Kilman was homegrown so it's purely profit, so it's not exactly a surprise to me. I'd be gutted to lose Kilman, but I don't think either are irreplaceable.

One step back to take two steps forward.
Kilman is a very competent PL centre back but is he going to get any better? I'm not so sure

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman will be sold for sure, if only for FFP reasons.

Does present a challenge though because we'll then need 2 CBs then as Collins isn't even a competent understudy.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman will be sold for sure, if only for FFP reasons.

Does present a challenge though because we'll then need 2 CBs then as Collins isn't even a competent understudy.
Doesn't help the homegrown quota selling Kilman

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whoever we sign won't be Neves, I should be happy we stayed up, instead I'm miserable and doing my Mrs head in.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Fosun started they could and did produce a balanced team for our start in the Premier league .
Since then its been patch and mend and we have gradually got worse and worse .
JL needs a complete rebuild in his image or like so many other clubs we will be bolting on new managers every two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom