Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coady, welcoming him back with open arms or sell??

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get the point, but do you think he's worth less than £15m all in, transfer fee and wages, to someone? Somewhere around that valuation we may as well cut our losses, pay some of his contract off and let him go bomb squad style!
I was talking Everton.......

On wolves I can see us loaning him out again next season on a similar deal ...6m loan fee. ...4m to buy at the end .....to a play off winner ......

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t there reports that the loan fee was quite high and then the fee to make it permanent was low?

Either way, it’s time for him to be moved on and for wolves to evolve.

Can’t say I was overly impressed with some of what he said when it first went ( some of it expected as it’s the same old sound bites when players move) but more annoyed at his family’s comments. Who knows what will happen but could be interesting if he does come back for preseason.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a bar in San Francisco owned by an Irishman who has "banned" Henry. His picture's on the wall "banned" along with two others. Roy Keane is one - the owner won't forgive give him for the World Cup incident with Mick McCarthy. I can't remember the third. If you're in San Francisco, the bar's worth a visit. Some interesting drunks hang out there, or do when I've been (or maybe that's me). "Maggie McGarry's" in the North Beach neighborhood.

Re. Coady. I don't care. I don't expect to see him wear our colours again. Lopetegui will decide and I just can't see it. I treasure his time with us. He was well loved by most (if not all of us) on here since his transformation by Nuno. He served us well. I wish him the best. Coady hit the heights under Nuno and won't achieve that level again. Nuno put him on the map, and probably set him up for his future years in tv. Although Coady would have been earning more than most of us on here will ever see, it's a short career and he owes it to his family to make as much as he can now and be visible. He wasn't going to play in Lage's Wolves. He was about to disappear to the bench, or worse. In his shoes, I would have looked outside of Wolves for a job. It did irk me at first when I saw him gushing about how great Everton were; saying the things he used to say about Wolves not long before, but I got over it. He never dissed Wolves. Just Coady being Coady - always the biggest cheerleader for his team, be it Wolves, England, Everton, or whoever's next.
I was in an Irish bar in New York and got into it with these guys who started jibbing me about Irish reunification/independence, how Irish they were, and how I ‘the English’ were bad yadda yadda yadda. They just couldn’t comprehend that millions of ‘English’ have immediate Irish heritage or grandparents, yet these guys were ‘more’ Irish even though they were fourth or fifth generation Americans. Crazy ****ers!
My mum was born in Sligo btw, which also cut no ice.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in an Irish bar in New York and got into it with these guys who started jibbing me about Irish reunification/independence, how Irish they were, and how I ‘the English’ were bad yadda yadda yadda. They just couldn’t comprehend that millions of ‘English’ have immediate Irish heritage or grandparents, yet these guys were ‘more’ Irish even though they were fourth or fifth generation Americans. Crazy ****ers!
Sadly mate, you can’t out Irish an American…..

My wife born in Ireland, but lived here since she was 5 and I am half Irish like you, we got the same thing in Boston hahaha

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t there reports that the loan fee was quite high and then the fee to make it permanent was low?

Either way, it’s time for him to be moved on and for wolves to evolve.

Can’t say I was overly impressed with some of what he said when it first went ( some of it expected as it’s the same old sound bites when players move) but more annoyed at his family’s comments. Who knows what will happen but could be interesting if he does come back for preseason.
Yeah. The way the fees were agreed was very clever for both parties, but it not being an obligation was a massive massive mistake.

After what happened with adama it is poor they may have let the same thing happen twice in two seasons!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. The way the fees were agreed was very clever for both parties, but it not being an obligation was a massive massive mistake.

After what happened with adama it is poor they may have let the same thing happen twice in two seasons!
Not necessarily, depends on the fee we got for the loan. Not to mention from a financial point of view his value on the balance sheet is effectively zero, due to him being here years. Nothing to stop us selling this summer, I’d be surprised if he goes out on loan again.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I was talking Everton.......

On wolves I can see us loaning him out again next season on a similar deal ...6m loan fee. ...4m to buy at the end .....to a play off winner ......
Yes, sorry I got that. I just think the maths says he's off. Obviously he didn't go there with any intention other than playing and earning his transfer, sadly they then appointed the least likely manager in the world to actually want him!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, sorry I got that. I just think the maths says he's off. Obviously he didn't go there with any intention other than playing and earning his transfer, sadly they then appointed the least likely manager in the world to actually want him!
They hired the first manager in Frank who was least likely in the world to keep them up haha

Beckbury Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I'll be in the minority I know but for me he starts with a clean slate pre season. Let Jlo take a look at him and decide whether he's up to it, I will trust his judgement.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I'll be in the minority I know but for me he starts with a clean slate pre season. Let Jlo take a look at him and decide whether he's up to it, I will trust his judgement.
I'd be pretty confident that Lopetegui will have watched enough videos to have made a decision already. I'd also be pretty confident about what that decision would be.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually have a massive part of me that feels sorry for Jamie o hara. Yes he played away from home, which is bloody awful, but his livelihood and all his dreams of being a professional footballer fell apart when he kept picking up nasty injuries and suffered badly mentally on the way down the leagues and into an early retirement.
He gets some weird stick from Wolves fans, he's actually quite a decent bloke away from the pitch, not the sharpest tool but never truly malicious.

Remember some laughing when he was turning out for an amateur team, only to be swiftly reminded that he was doing it all for charity.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had the same in Boston with the misses, myself, yeah sure, I can get that, but my misses name is literally gaelic. :D . Just some lecture from someone whos great-great-great grandfather came over in the early 1800s. We just sat there, a bit aghast, going, well, alright then, when did you last come over?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He gets some weird stick from Wolves fans, he's actually quite a decent bloke away from the pitch, not the sharpest tool but never truly malicious.

Remember some laughing when he was turning out for an amateur team, only to be swiftly reminded that he was doing it all for charity.
He was really nice about the club when i met him once at an event.

He openly said he made mistakes and there are things he wished he could take back and undo if he could.

Dean Saunders was at the same event on the other hand……. Odd bloke haha

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
He was really nice about the club when i met him once at an event.

He openly said he made mistakes and there are things he wished he could take back and undo if he could.

Dean Saunders was at the same event on the other hand……. Odd bloke haha
Much more hated than he deserves, I'm always going to struggle to forgive Huddersfield at home though.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
What's the point in having someone in the squad if they can't contribute on the pitch though? Yes, a dressing room has to be balanced and you need good characters in it but they need to be able to contribute when required too, and I can't see how Coady would when he so obviously can't play in a 4.

I think there is a contribution to be had from him. We’ve seen Lopetegui’s flexibility with dropping into a back 3 when needed
An issue with this is that he was part of the squad last season that collectively lost the plot and **** the bed to finish 10th.

fairly straightforward counter;

He was part of the squad that collectively led the club to their highest top flight finishes in successive seasons for a generation and reached the FA Cup semi final and European Quarter finals.

Also part of the squad that collectively **** the bed (to use your phrase) and finished 10th - which will be likely 4-6 places higher than the season when he departed and played elsewhere.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is a contribution to be had from him. We’ve seen Lopetegui’s flexibility with dropping into a back 3 when needed

He was part of the squad that collectively led the club to their highest top flight finishes in successive seasons for a generation and reached the FA Cup semi final and European Quarter finals.

Also part of the squad that collectively **** the bed (to use your phrase) and finished 10th - which will be likely 4-6 places higher than the season when he departed and played elsewhere.
But he went to and can’t get into the team he left us for that are multiple places below us.

He was a big cog in a perfect system for him, he was a key part of that success, but so were DOC, Patricio, Jota who all left and pre broken skull jimenez who isn’t the same player. So there js more at play than just coady and his leadership when you talk about the successful and unforgettable Nuno years.

Him not being here now is not even close to one of the top 5 the reasons we are where we are and had the season we have.

We would be no better off if he were here based on how he stank out goodison park after the WC with his personal errors leading to so many goals. If Everton stay up it is almost single handedly down to Jordan Pickford. Take him out the team and they would have been relegated long ago

SellyWolf

Reaction score
But he went to and can’t get into the team he left us for that are multiple places below us.

He was a big cog in a perfect system for him, he was a key part of that success, but so were DOC, Patricio, Jota who all left and pre broken skull jimenez who isn’t the same player. So there js more at play than just coady and his leadership when you talk about the successful and unforgettable Nuno years.

Him not being here now is not even close to one of the top 5 the reasons we are where we are and had the season we have.

We would be no better off if he were here based on how he stank out goodison park after the WC with his personal errors leading to so many goals. If Everton stay up it is almost single handedly down to Jordan Pickford. Take him out the team and they would have been relegated long ago

And that’s football for you - it’s all a matter of opinion…

By a similar merit - Aaron Ramsdale (him of double relegation) is a championship level player..:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

By a similar merit - Aaron Ramsdale (him of double relegation) is a championship level player..:
Not really, Aaron ramsdale is a big part of the team second in the league. A consistent high performer who has had a few rocky moments as he is still young for a keeper.

Ramsdale was also a young professional making his way and getting prem minutes which as a keeper is so much harder than outfielders. So like many keepers to get their name and abilities out there they sign for weaker teams which in turn means greater risk of relegation or exposure to mistakes.

He has also improved significantly physically as he can dive much further with greater spring than the relegation season with the blades. He has spent hours and hours getting fitter to reach his potential. He will be a top keeper at arsenal for a very very long time if he keeps it going.

You can’t equate a career on the up with a career on the way down.

Look at emi Martinez as second perfect example of what I am saying! Sat on the bench at arsenal and sent out on loan after loan. He gets his chance, moves to a nearly relegated Aston Villa. Shows how good he actually is, wins a copa America and World Cup and is now looking likely to get a move to a massive club.

Comparing the club moves and then in turn standard of the players attached because of it for outfielders and keepers aren’t the same and cannot be done in the same way.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Billericay?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t know what you’re arguing. Bakary Sako played in league one for us so does that make him a league one level player?

Last edited:

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had the same in Boston with the misses, myself, yeah sure, I can get that, but my misses name is literally gaelic. :D . Just some lecture from someone whos great-great-great grandfather came over in the early 1800s. We just sat there, a bit aghast, going, well, alright then, when did you last come over?
Autumn 2018. Then up to Massachusetts for a few days, funnily enough to visit my Irish Auntie, and flew to Vegas out of Logan. I was pleasantly surprised how lovely everything was, even New York. It threw me in Vegas watching people smoke indoors because even New York had a smoking ban. I’d forgotten what it was like waking up in the morning, smelling like 40 Benson & Hedges.

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Made his own bed as they say. He will leave this summer, manager wont want him.. no going back.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Billericay?
he was on a reported 5k? a week at Billericay, along with Jermaine Pennant, Paul Konchesky, and Kevin Foley,
no to bad for someone who was too good for the Championship LOL.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Also part of the squad that collectively **** the bed (to use your phrase) and finished 10th - which will be likely 4-6 places higher than the season when he departed and sometimes played elsewhere.
Mostly agree with you but had to fix the last sentence lol

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he was on a reported 5k? a week at Billericay, along with Jermaine Pennant, Paul Konchesky, and Kevin Foley,
no to bad for someone who was too good for the Championship LOL.
Yea. He definitely wasn’t doing it for charity if that’s what he was talking about!!!

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Not really, Aaron ramsdale is a big part of the team second in the league. A consistent high performer who has had a few rocky moments as he is still young for a keeper.

Ramsdale was also a young professional making his way and getting prem minutes which as a keeper is so much harder than outfielders. So like many keepers to get their name and abilities out there they sign for weaker teams which in turn means greater risk of relegation or exposure to mistakes.

He has also improved significantly physically as he can dive much further with greater spring than the relegation season with the blades. He has spent hours and hours getting fitter to reach his potential. He will be a top keeper at arsenal for a very very long time if he keeps it going.

You can’t equate a career on the up with a career on the way down.

Look at emi Martinez as second perfect example of what I am saying! Sat on the bench at arsenal and sent out on loan after loan. He gets his chance, moves to a nearly relegated Aston Villa. Shows how good he actually is, wins a copa America and World Cup and is now looking likely to get a move to a massive club.

Comparing the club moves and then in turn standard of the players attached because of it for outfielders and keepers aren’t the same and cannot be done in the same way.

You can prove anything with facts…

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn’t a determination, if you want to see it as that then that is up to you.

I think he could have handled the way he dealt with/facilitated his move differently when there wasn’t an obligation to buy involved. There was always a very real chance this would blow up in and fail as Everton are in a terrible financial state and have been for years and had a lucky escape last year so in my mind this was never likely to pay off and it is looking exceedingly likely that it won’t based on reports.

If you want to leave and be the leader/vocal point of what was likely and ended up being a relegation rival, to me if there was an obligation I wouldn’t care a lick about him going. But he didn’t, he is still our player and went gushing over another club, manager and the opportunity. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I am not alone in having a constant negative opinion of him and his behaviour over the move.
You're a grown man apparently. Get over it.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There isn’t a determination, if you want to see it as that then that is up to you.

I think he could have handled the way he dealt with/facilitated his move differently when there wasn’t an obligation to buy involved. There was always a very real chance this would blow up in and fail as Everton are in a terrible financial state and have been for years and had a lucky escape last year so in my mind this was never likely to pay off and it is looking exceedingly likely that it won’t based on reports.

If you want to leave and be the leader/vocal point of what was likely and ended up being a relegation rival, to me if there was an obligation I wouldn’t care a lick about him going. But he didn’t, he is still our player and went gushing over another club, manager and the opportunity. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I am not alone in having a constant negative opinion of him and his behaviour over the move.

Extremely petty view imo and just part of your ongoing anti Coady agenda. If your manager treated you like **** and basically told you that you had no future at the club i doubt you would hang around either. He simply went where he was wanted and said as much. He hardly "gushed "about moving to Everton. He just spoke positivley about his new club, pretty much what every new signing does at any club.

He never bad mouthed Wolves in the slightest and has always been extremely respectful towards us. At the end of the day, he was just a player an extremely poor manager/head coach didnt want and made the call to play first team football.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Extremely petty view imo and just part of your ongoing anti Coady agenda. If your manager treated you like **** and basically told you that you had no future at the club i doubt you would hang around either. He simply went where he was wanted and said as much. He hardly "gushed "about moving to Everton. He just spoke positivley about his new club, pretty much what every new signing does at any club.

He never bad mouthed Wolves in the slightest and has always been extremely respectful towards us. At the end of the day, he was just a player an extremely poor manager/head coach didnt want and made the call to play first team football.
And boom….. the lazy word of “agenda” is dropped again on this forum to try and belittle people’s opinion that isn’t positive about a player or the club.

And for your information, I have played sport and at a club (semi pro level) where I was dropped by a new coach who came in, brought his player in my position from his previous club in to replace me as he did with three others who were with me the previous season. I was vice captain, been there two seasons and signed an agreement for a 4th season in the fortnight before the new head coach came in.

Within 3 sessions of him coming in he called me up and said, I dont think you suit the slower and more ruck and ma game I want to play so I am bringing in 4 lads from my old club, one of which is in your position so you will either be on the bench or the second team.

from pre-season to the first league game he dropped me out of the match day squad completely and made me the “traveling reserve” for games that were 6-8 hours away when I could have stayed local and played a full game and also been closer to my disabled partner who I am a carer for. So he made my life more challenging as balancing work, being fit enough for semi pro sport and the time commitment on top of being a carer is bloody hard. Much harder than earning tens of thousands a week being a full time pro and having greater access to support when times are hard!!!!!

I stayed as I liked the lads I played with and the club, who signed me after a serious knee injury flared up. I backed myself to prove him wrong!

I stuck it out, trained hard was a good team mate, supported the guy who took my place, went on the socials and when he got injured about 11-16 games into the season of which I played 4 times for the first team off the bench in barely 5 min cameos, I came in had a great game, played really well the 3 games he was out and I replaced him and started the rest of the season. I stayed the following season and started every game I was available for (got a one week ban for swearing at an opposition coach). So actually I do know what it is like.

So my beliefs are based on my life experience! Plus others I played with who did the same.

So not “petty” or an “agenda” at all……

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And he joined the English version and slightly worse jn my opinion in Frank lampard.

Then when a competent football manager came in (dyche) he has been dropped for Keane who is shocking and Everton fans don’t rate and in fairness Mina is a better player but made of finest none China.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
And boom….. the lazy word of “agenda” is dropped again on this forum to try and belittle people’s opinion that isn’t positive about a player or the club.

And for your information, I have played sport and at a club (semi pro level) where I was dropped by a new coach who came in, brought his player in my position from his previous club in to replace me as he did with three others who were with me the previous season. I was vice captain, been there two seasons and signed an agreement for a 4th season in the fortnight before the new head coach came in.

Within 3 sessions of him coming in he called me up and said, I dont think you suit the slower and more ruck and ma game I want to play so I am bringing in 4 lads from my old club, one of which is in your position so you will either be on the bench or the second team.

from pre-season to the first league game he dropped me out of the match day squad completely and made me the “traveling reserve” for games that were 6-8 hours away when I could have stayed local and played a full game and also been closer to my disabled partner who I am a carer for. So he made my life more challenging as balancing work, being fit enough for semi pro sport and the time commitment on top of being a carer is bloody hard. Much harder than earning tens of thousands a week being a full time pro and having greater access to support when times are hard!!!!!

I stayed as I liked the lads I played with and the club, who signed me after a serious knee injury flared up. I backed myself to prove him wrong!

I stuck it out, trained hard was a good team mate, supported the guy who took my place, went on the socials and when he got injured about 11-16 games into the season of which I played 4 times for the first team off the bench in barely 5 min cameos, I came in had a great game, played really well the 3 games he was out and I replaced him and started the rest of the season. I stayed the following season and started every game I was available for (got a one week ban for swearing at an opposition coach). So actually I do know what it is like.

So my beliefs are based on my life experience! Plus others I played with who did the same.

To be fair, you knock him at any possible opportunity.
You were vice captain then, not the out and out leader. And at a very different level. Did a club close to your family come in and want you?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thats actually laughable, especially because you cant handle the truth about your agenda so you try to say you are being belittled while thats exactly what you have done to Coady.

For a start, you are saying all the crap about Coady based on something that happened to you. First mistake.

Second mistake, you are presuming your " life experience " is identical to Coady's situation with Lage. You dont know **** about the Coady-Lage relationship or what went on between them. Nobody does apart from them and people close to them. So like it or not, you dont know what its like for Connor. You weren't in his shoes. Your little story simply has no relevance to anyone else but you or somebody who, however unlikely, had an identical situation to yours.

Thirdly, you didnt have a spot in an International side at stake with a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to a World cup. In regards to football, he had way, way much more on the line and a lot more to lose. If you were a premier league player and you were at risk of losing your possible world cup spot, i doubt you would stay playing reserve team football.

Plenty of Everton fans, while they dont think Coady is brilliant, didnt think he deserved to be dropped and plenty of them would have seen Coady in the side in front of Keane. Doesnt really matter what your opinion of Lampard is. I dont think he is a great manager either but he wanted Coady and had faith in him. Lage didnt want him and had no faith in him. Anyone with a brain would move.

So Petty and agenda are both totally accurate descriptions.

I wouldnt waste your time replying. I'm not sure i want to hear more of your life story and how its relevant to a Premier league footballer.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, you knock him at any possible opportunity.
You were vice captain then, not the out and out leader. And at a very different level. Did a club close to your family come in and want you?
Fair enough, but these are my experiences that shaped my opinion.

A vice captain can be an out and our leader of a team Mutchy, you don’t even need to be the captain to be an out and out leader of a team.

Our captain was the captain because he was an ex full time pro who had a level of gravitas I didn’t with referees and could sweet talk us out of any issues. But I was the one who did the pre-match speeches and pulling the lads together.

I knock him, because I disagree with people thinking he should come back with a clean slate or he would have made a difference this season. When to me in an opinioN that is different to yours, notice I am not belittling anyone’s points, feelings or experiences that shape opinions.

People here do the opposite to my postings about players, where everything is positive or just a line of they play for wolves so just support them. I don’t belittle their posts, I just comment to people who like myself and there are others….. who comment a lot about him and not liking how he handled the situation.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was Nuno incompetent then?
No, and I didn’t say that, so please don’t try to create a line or narrative that isn’t there as Nuno isn’t involved in the chain of events that led to conor moving on was he?

Nuno and conor was a perfect match at a perfect time with a perfect system for each other. So of course Nuno wasn’t incompetent…… he was amazing for those first few years, but things happened and things unraveled in a way that he nor his legacy deserved thanks to many factors including covid.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
No, and I didn’t say that, so please don’t try to create a line or narrative that isn’t there as Nuno isn’t involved in the chain of events that led to conor moving on was he?

Nuno and conor was a perfect match at a perfect time with a perfect system for each other. So of course Nuno wasn’t incompetent…… he was amazing for those first few years, but things happened and things unraveled in a way that he nor his legacy deserved thanks to many factors including covid.
Your narrative was that once a competent manager took over, Coady was dropped. Just wondering how that fits with Nuno playing Coady and having him as leader of his team.

Back
Top Bottom