Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The description doesn't even quite match the drama, I highly recommend viewing.

First, the missed penalty is a rabona. Then, the player sent off is dismissed for spitting (note, there are no puffed out cheeks and you can see the spit travel very clearly, as you would have if Podence had actually spat), then the penalty Nuno's side gets is awarded by VAR, and the penalty taker adopts an almost identical technique to the guy who missed.... that takes some balls.

Mad game!
So disappointed they were only Panenkas..! You tricked me

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looks like he had a Cardiff moment for his club last night.

1-1 going into last minute against a side that could have gone to within three points of Nuno's side with a win.

The away side miss an 89th minute penalty, Nuno's side have a player sent off on 95, and then Nuno's ten men score a penalty winner in the 106th(!) minute to win 2-1. Now six points clear in the title race and nine clear of the side they beat.

I wonder if the opposition manager told him to “F off” after the final whistle like Colin did.

Still love Nuno would have him back at any time!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like he had a Cardiff moment for his club last night.

1-1 going into last minute against a side that could have gone to within three points of Nuno's side with a win.

The away side miss an 89th minute penalty, Nuno's side have a player sent off on 95, and then Nuno's ten men score a penalty winner in the 106th(!) minute to win 2-1. Now six points clear in the title race and nine clear of the side they beat.

And we think there are soft penalties in the Premier league. Not sure that any of the first three should be given. One blatant dive, one ball to hand with no chance of moving it out of the way....

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Nuno and always will.

Just thinking, Nuno took us from Championship obscurity to 7th in the Prem. Thwarted by lockdown as I think he fed off and fuelled the crowd. What would JL have to achieve to match his legacy?

I’m suggesting winning the FA Cup.
Cup win or back to back euro qualification.
Cup final I suppose trumps Nuno for pure achievement, but the bar is probably a little higher now since we’re ‘established’, and Lops doesn’t have quite the same natural warmth and charisma of Nuno.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Nuno and always will.

Just thinking, Nuno took us from Championship obscurity to 7th in the Prem. Thwarted by lockdown as I think he fed off and fuelled the crowd. What would JL have to achieve to match his legacy?

I’m suggesting winning the FA Cup.
Too right and let's put things into context the numpties that started calling him out were those who thought 7th was failure and we should be challenging the top 4 playing expansive football, fast forward 2/3 years and avoiding relegation is success. Lesson for JL, don't overachieve or you'll be next in the fireline

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right and let's put things into context the numpties that started calling him out were those who thought 7th was failure and we should be challenging the top 4 playing expansive football, fast forward 2/3 years and avoiding relegation is success. Lesson for JL, don't overachieve or you'll be next in the fireline
Spot on. I wonder how many of those had only jumped on the bandwagon because of Nuno's initial success too.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will upset some on this forum, and for that I apologize in advance, but as delighted I was when Percy announced Lopetegui was basically a done deal (at last), I still wasn’t anywhere near as excited as I was when all the top tier journos seemed to think Nuno was coming back. Was gutted when that fizzled out and Michael ****ing Beale was the man supposedly coming in. Really took the wind out of the post Forest victory buzz.

As I said in previous post, this is JL’s era now, I’m very happy he’s manager and I’m fully behind him (one more win ASAP though please)! But Nuno, will always be…… Nuno.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
We’ve already got some who think what he’s achieved this season isn’t good enough :(

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No matter the football... that donation he made to help the people of Wolverhampton, when he was personally at a low point, will always go down as the greatest thing he ever did in his time here. It was understated and heartfelt. For that alone, he will always be a hero in our city.
This. Absolutely this and then some more and more of this.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno looks fresh again. You look at him when Covid hit and then after the Raul incident he looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. Love the bloke. Sometimes you just gets somebody who bonds with club and Nuno was that for us. So pleased for him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This will upset some on this forum, and for that I apologize in advance, but as delighted I was when Percy announced Lopetegui was basically a done deal (at last), I still wasn’t anywhere near as excited as I was when all the top tier journos seemed to think Nuno was coming back. Was gutted when that fizzled out and Michael ****ing Beale was the man supposedly coming in. Really took the wind out of the post Forest victory buzz.

As I said in previous post, this is JL’s era now, I’m very happy he’s manager and I’m fully behind him (one more win ASAP though please)! But Nuno, will always be…… Nuno.
I could have written that word for word.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very pleased to see Nuno have success it would be hard not to have a soft spot for a man that gave a great deal to the club and supporters. Hope he continues to do well overseas.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dad passed away this year and I wrote an email to the club and it really help me deal with my loss.

I thanked them for the nuno era and giving me a chance to go to Wembley and enjoy European nights with my dad. That father son bond really had some good moments with nuno

For that reason alone he’s a hero for me.

There are so many more memories he gave us. Guess we didn’t know how good we had it before COVID felt like we was building for the top 4. Just imagine the atmosphere playing Seville at home in Europe. Oh what could have been.

A true legend / hero right time right place.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was me x100

It has kind of made me resent certain "ITKs" too, unfortunately. All the rumours he was literally in Wolverhampton, I was walking on clouds. My man was coming back. It is the most excited I have been all season, sorry to say

Back
Top Bottom