Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Newcastle v Wolves comms thread.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder what Moutinho’s role will be. If he’s on the left of a 3 he could be high-maintenance.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
JL uses 16 players per game. to suggest that people have been dropped because they are not in the starting line-up is totally ludicrous!
is this a clever joke? I honestly cant work it out

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or Podence could get a goal…..
it was Mouthino that laid on the chip for Podence to score just a few weeks back………
he might get a goal, but he will also let their players run past him with only a token attempt at a tackle

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The attacking players and midfield players need to press well today and not leave Raul isolated.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starting with Moutinho???? FFS. They will walk through our midfield. JL's achilles heel. Don't start with him bring him on at 60 to 70 minutes.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've seen this weekend, most of the teams at the bottom are battling and no one is cast adrift or looks clueless. I just hope that Wolves can now emulate the fighting spirit that Bournemouth, Everton, Leeds and Saints have shown. Even Forest in defeat at Spuds showed they won't lie down and I understand that Leicester had chances against Chelsea.
Come on Wolves, show us that the first half against Spuds was an anomaly and the second was who you really are!

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This tem selection makes me think the manager is trying to say something... either he's saying that he believes strongly in the 5 substitution system, or something else.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
’Dropped’ is no longer a word used in these circumstances.

Football is much more of a squad game nowadays with every player important.

’Benched’ would be more appropriate.

Agreed. Think the players must be used to JL and his heavy use of the squad now, and that it’s not necessarily that a player is out of favour if not a starter. In saying all that, like others, I feel Mouts plays best when he comes on as a sub like Adama. I hope to be proven wrong again by Super Lopetegui!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've seen this weekend, most of the teams at the bottom are battling and no one is cast adrift or looks clueless. I just hope that Wolves can now emulate the fighting spirit that Bournemouth, Everton, Leeds and Saints have shown. Even Forest in defeat at Spuds showed they won't lie down and I understand that Leicester had chances against Chelsea.
Come on Wolves, show us that the first half against Spuds was an anomaly and the second was who you really are!

Agree. Play like we did in the first half against Spurs today and we are in serious trouble. Play like the second half then great.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The movement of Jimenez & Podence and the speed of Traore should cause the walking oak trees in Newcastle’s defence a few problems. Set pieces, we’re ****ed!!!

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We are a miles better team with Moutinho on the pitch than Nunes. As close to a fact as there is in football

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I feel this could be one of Pod’s last chances to impress JL and he should play like it I hope. He’s been up and down for us and we all know on his day he can change a game but he needs to up his game now and contribute to the cause. Cut out the histrionics and keep the ball more. Fingers crossed come on Wolves!

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Podence and Moutinho starting, I might go an paint a fence or something at 4.30 instead. pointless, Newcastle will steam roll us with those two in the team
While I wouldn't gave started Moutinho or Podence, I'll trust JL to get it right.
With your comments I'm suspecting football isn't really for you.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree that todays games are squad games and that players will come into the starting 11 and go out of it, however, it looks to me as though Nunes has been as good as dropped as don't matter and hopefully Loppy is making a point which Nunes recognises. He simply has not been good enough for a player that cost half the national debt of a banana republic. I just hope that this is a kick up the **** and Nunes shows what he is really about. None of this 'it takes time to settle' *******s. He's been here 3/4 of a season now and has done nothing so far to justify his fee.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem with his heel is what was said on radio WM.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its the Podence that can't close down or tackle anyone

and Mouts is too old for a 100mph midfield battle
Which is fair. But…
Playing Moutinho, means dropping Nunes. Which is hard to argue against. Playing Moutinho in a MF 3 with Neves and Lemina though, against a team that have lost their most consistent, physical CM in Joelinton, I think it could work.
It’s far less of a disadvantage than when he’s in a 2, or that includes Dendoncker, who never actually achieved anything while admittedly ‘ran about a lot’.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
On the flip side, we got absolutely rinsed without him last week and they walked through us over and over again until he came on.
True enough, although a lot changed. Anyway it's balmy up here and I've tapped directly into a satellite, so I can read the opinions on here!

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hahaha Dawson introduced as Davidson. He’s been around a while, bud.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Here we go, good start please and silence that crowd.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Kilman with nearly a clanger there…

Back
Top Bottom