Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Who is getting relegated?

• Thread starter Deleted member (smith)
  • Start date

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would happily start a go fund me to raise the 10m we would miss out on to see Forest relegated and MGW knocked down a peg or two.

Other than Bolton in the mid 90s I can’t remember a club I have so quickly gone from not minding to absolutely despising.

Still blows my brain we are below them in the league, every time I see them they look awful. Just shows what a complete joke our first half the season really was.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Crazy to me that people can't see the difference in a club that was quite literally a rudderless ship and effectively no manager for half a season and the one now with a top top manager and a host of quality new additions.
Can’t see or don’t want to see?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crazy to me that people can't see the difference in a club that was quite literally a rudderless ship and effectively no manager for half a season and the one now with a top top manager and a host of quality new additions.
Who can’t see that? Everybody can…..the difference between last season with Bruno and now is apparent to all…….bleedin’ obvious.

But that doesn’t mean we are safe yet.

Last edited:

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who can’t see that? Everybody can…..the difference between last season with Bruno and now is apparent to all…….bleedin’ obvious.

But that doesn’t mean we are safe yet.
Exactly. I want to believe we are extremely safe. We have a great schedule compared to all the other potential relegation sides as well. So we 100% hold our own destiny.

But every team except Everton improved more than I've ever seen the bottom of the table improve in January.

And I still don't know where our goals come from. Lopetegui has righted the ship in making us look more competitive and keeping the goals out of our net. But the end of the day, we still aren't scoring. We've scored 4 goals in 5 games (4 goals for, 6 against) with Lopetegui in Premier League matches. Obviously that's better than Davis, where we scored 5 in 7 (5 goals for, 15 against) or Lage where we scored 3 in 8 (3 goals for, 9 goals against).... but it's still not ideal.

We did address our creativity with guys like Sarabia (and goal scoring if he returns to previous form), but aside from Sarabia we still don't really have players to knock the ball in the back of the net consistently and that's scary.

Last edited:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see that we have improved but If we would have continued at the levels we were playing at we would have gone down on about 22 points.
But we aren't that team, and if we carry on picking up points at the same rate, we'll end up with mid 40ish points. Probably lower mid tableish, which is fine after Bruno!

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would happily start a go fund me to raise the 10m we would miss out on to see Forest relegated and MGW knocked down a peg or two.

Other than Bolton in the mid 90s I can’t remember a club I have so quickly gone from not minding to absolutely despising.

Still blows my brain we are below them in the league, every time I see them they look awful. Just shows what a complete joke our first half the season really was.
I agree they look pretty awful but even if they went down MGW will be picked up. He will make the next world cup squad.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see that we have improved but If we would have continued at the levels we were playing at we would have gone down on about 22 points.
I think you're including Davis in there, who somehow was far ****ing worse than Bruno was this year.

Bruno would have, if he kept the same pace, had us around 28-29 points. Davis was on pace for 21-22 points. If Lopetegui kept the same pace, we'd be around 53-54 points. Massive difference.

If Lopetegui keeps the same pace for the rest of the season, we will be around 42-43 points and definitely safe.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one hoping MGW has a great career? Why is there a hatred of him?
Well said!
Who knows how toxic the atmosphere was like at Compton with Bruno as coach for 1.5 seasons? ……we cant blame players if they wanted to exit.
It would surprise me if others also wanted to leave but were refused.

MGW received an offer from Forest and accepted it…….that’s ok.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we aren't that team, and if we carry on picking up points at the same rate, we'll end up with mid 40ish points. Probably lower mid tableish, which is fine after Bruno!
Yeah but the games we won so far really could have gone either way. I would be a bit more confident if we were scoring a few more. Beating Liverpool or giving saints or Bournemouth a good tanking will make me a little more confident that we arebq different team now.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one hoping MGW has a great career? Why is there a hatred of him?
Why did people hate Lee naylor, Leon Clarke, Karl Henry and all? We save some of our fiercest hate for the local boy comes good for some reason. Even Danny Batth towards the end went from overhyped to disliked.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah but the games we won so far really could have gone either way. I would be a bit more confident if we were scoring a few more. Beating Liverpool or giving saints or Bournemouth a good tanking will make me a little more confident that we arebq different team now.
And without the dodgy refereeing I've ever seen we'd have still been in both cups. We are so much better now than under BL. I actually think we're going to get a result today, and have put money on it, which i hardly ever do!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton and Bournemouth are really struggling. It's hard to see how they're going to get to 40 points. We can't afford to let our standards slip in the next two games against these two. Need some consistency now, same level of performance is required against those sides as we saw today. Two wins in those games and we're in a much healthier position with 15 games to go.

D

Deleted member (smith)

you must be due a visit to spec savers if you dont see passion and commitment in that team

indeed you are correct…the new manager, the new players and new heart has revived us from a near death experience.

But todays results show all is unpredictable….Bournemouth and Southampton look in big trouble but Everton, wolves, Leeds , forest, west ham , Leicester have all shown the form to make you think they can escape

long way to go…

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Southampton and Bournemouth are really struggling. It's hard to see how they're going to get to 40 points. We can't afford to let our standards slip in the next two games against these two. Need some consistency now, same level of performance is required against those sides as we saw today. Two wins in those games and we're in a much healthier position with 15 games to go.
To be fair it looked like Bournemouth were pretty hard done by today away at Brighton. Definitely going to the wire and not a single ‘banker’ for the drop. Really hope we pick up points quickly so I can enjoy the drama :p

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cause I hate Forest. **** 'em.

Hope MGW rots in the Championship and fails.
I’m no fan of Forest either, but I hope they survive relegation coz we get something like £10million from them in add ons thanks to MGW.

Thats Lemina and Dawson paid for, thank you very much.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m no fan of Forest either, but I hope they survive relegation coz we get something like £10million from them in add ons thanks to MGW.

Thats Lemina and Dawson paid for, thank you very much.
Need to be practical, turning down £10M just because you don't like MGW is the traditional definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's surely no way either Bournemouth or Southampton finish above three other teams based on current performance and managers who seem completely out of their depth. That third spot, though... just going to be such a dogfight. Would love to see West Ham go, personally.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's surely no way either Bournemouth or Southampton finish above three other teams based on current performance and managers who seem completely out of their depth. That third spot, though... just going to be such a dogfight. Would love to see West Ham go, personally.
I'm thinking Everton, once the new manager bounce fades.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always said us and Everton would stay up.

I had some faith in Southampton, but that post match interview from Jones was weird as.

Them, Bournemouth and Leeds would be my 3 now. It'll probably change next weekend.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Always said us and Everton would stay up.

I had some faith in Southampton, but that post match interview from Jones was weird as.

Them, Bournemouth and Leeds would be my 3 now. It'll probably change next weekend.
That post match interview with Jones was bizarre! People need to check it out!

Basically said that he thought he didn’t need to be as tough because he was dealing with “what he thought were Premier League quality player”.

Before essentially saying “no more Mr. Nice Guy” when it comes to training.

So he managed to throw both himself and then the players under the bus. Truly a masterclass in what not to say!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Basically said that he thought he didn’t need to be as tough because he was dealing with “what he thought were Premier League quality player”.

So he managed to throw both himself and then the players under the bus. Truly a masterclass in what not to say!

He's such a dislikeable bloke.

I have a feeling he'll be gone before the end of the season.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In Wolves, Everton and Leicester there have been three teams who should be much higher but -for various reasons- have been underperforming. There are many teams in the bottom half who would have been pinning hopes on that continuing. But now all three are getting their acts together, there are a few teams ready to be found out.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again please West Ham, Leeds, and Everton. Forest can go down next season after we smash them home and away. Unfortunately I think Southampton will take one of the spots.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's such a dislikeable bloke.

I have a feeling he'll be gone before the end of the season.
Heard on Sky that Southampton fans want him gone. Shame as in such a short space of time I think he is doing a great job! He looks and sounds a nasty piece of work. I saw in their last home game he was criticising a Saints player by the touchline, and the Saints player just turned away from him and mouthed something. Jones clearly has no respect from anyone.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard on Sky that Southampton fans want him gone. Shame as in such a short space of time I think he is doing a great job! He looks and sounds a nasty piece of work. I saw in their last home game he was criticising a Saints player by the touchline, and the Saints player just turned away from him and mouthed something. Jones clearly has no respect from anyone.
They were calling for the sack after the first or second game if memory serves before the cup and league win in that magic week for them.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Read on their forum before the cup draw, one fan saying if they played his old side Luton, and lost, he would probably take credit and say something like, “see what can happen if you play my way?!”

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no way Southampton and Bournemouth get any more than say maximum 5 wins ....which puts em on 30/32 points at best ...

The 3rd relegation spot is between about 5/6 teams and it could be 37/38 points you need to avoid being in it.....

So we probably need 6 wins and a draw to do it ...

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you see what he did to Wolves fans at Forest
He was getting some stick though in fairness.. much like Adebayour all those years back. I gave him the middle finger when it happened, but I don’t hate the guy for it. Just a bit of sport.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Not us. Are villa and Liverpool out of reach?

Yes they are. The third candidate might get 40 points …ie two more than games played. Villa have seven more than games played and so would need to lose their next five games to get in the scrap….not happening alas despite their loss to Leicester. On current form Everton, wolves, west ham, Leeds , forest, palace and Leicester all look capable of escaping but at least one will not.

Back
Top Bottom