Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 23 Transfer Window Thread

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
According to your contacts - Have we ever been interested in him @Northampton_wolf ?
I assume not serious enough to bid but there might have been an "enquiry".
Wolves weigh up swoop for Viktor Gyokeres

Now, I never know what to believe if the E&S run with the speculation. Is it a case that they’ve had it corroborated or have they just been fed a line.

What interests me about this report was that it was still after we’d announced Cunha, so possibly a striker with the profile of a 9 has (and still is) always been on the agenda. Either now if the stars align or certainly in the summer.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to your contacts - Have we ever been interested in him @Northampton_wolf ?
I assume not serious enough to bid but there might have been an "enquiry".
The Coventry guys i know -

Said

There was a solid enquiry for gyokeres in August by leeds.

Since then there were murmours of prem clubs sniffing around this window, one of which was wolves, everton and leeds.

But everton is the only concrete interest

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Cancelo one is really interesting. Pep is ruthless. He's been talking a lot over the past week or two about unhappy faces, and having read up a bit more, apparently he said 'almost everybody' was happy that Ake scored on Friday, alluding to Cancelo being miserable as he's lost his place.

Great player but Pep clearly has no time for people to bring the mood down with poor attitudes.

There's a potentially 2+2=5 scenario that this is why Sporting have pulled the plug on Porro's move to City (City have a buy back for him apparently). Different positions, but given Pep will play right backs at left back and vice-versa, it's got potential.

Let's just hope we aren't reading this evening that they've banged a bid in for Ait-Nouri last minute to sit on their bench.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia is a huge signing just looking at him playing against city, if it wasnt for a worldy block he scored.

Excited by him massively

A possible front 4 of cunha/podence/neto/sarabia or them in a rotation of a 3 is exciting

Especially with nunes/neves/gomes/lemina in the middle

Our team is glorious just need to turn it around now with JL we trust

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why dearly me?
See what they say, and if is 70m.... we seem to like spending that amount on 2 wide players that dont score

Brighton aren't going to see a potentially world class striker to us in January, it's a comical suggestion. We've as much chance of singing Haaland.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be a bit gutted if Everton get Gyokeres while we're praying for a time machine with Raul and Costa as our only options as a #9. I hope I'm wrong about Cunha's viability as a CF and he fires us to safety, but I'm seriously worried that we're going to continue to lack goals while every other side around us is also significantly strengthening. Relegation would be an absolute disaster.

Let's see what today and tomorrow brings, still plenty of time for things to change and one spot for a non-homegrown player still available.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Would Neves sign a new contract to help Wolves out? Do they have to announce it? If I were the board, I'd ask him to sign a new contract buy keep it quiet to manage fan expectations and promise to help him leave in the summer. (Actually, I'd be begging him to stay, but I doubt they'll do that).
Lescott did this the summer before he signed for Everton on the understanding a decent bid by a decent club and he could go. It meant Wolves got 5m and 20% of his sell on to city ( another 5m )

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be a bit gutted if Everton get Gyokeres while we're praying for a time machine with Raul and Costa as our only options as a #9. I hope I'm wrong about Cunha's viability as a CF and he fires us to safety, but I'm seriously worried that we're going to continue to lack goals while every other side around us is also significantly strengthening. Relegation would be an absolute disaster.

Let's see what today and tomorrow brings, still plenty of time for things to change and one spot for a non-homegrown player still available.
Looks likely they might keep chiquinho registered for the end of the season atm.

Obviously we will know come the end of the window who is registered

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score

Need to get Moxey to call him and work his magic and get to turn his car around on the motorway, he has form for doing that does old Jezza.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Cancelo one is really interesting. Pep is ruthless. He's been talking a lot over the past week or two about unhappy faces, and having read up a bit more, apparently he said 'almost everybody' was happy that Ake scored on Friday, alluding to Cancelo being miserable as he's lost his place.

Great player but Pep clearly has no time for people to bring the mood down with poor attitudes.

There's a potentially 2+2=5 scenario that this is why Sporting have pulled the plug on Porro's move to City (City have a buy back for him apparently). Different positions, but given Pep will play right backs at left back and vice-versa, it's got potential.

Let's just hope we aren't reading this evening that they've banged a bid in for Ait-Nouri last minute to sit on their bench.

Or even a 2+2=10 scenario!

City give us £45m for Ait-Nouri and agree to hold fire on activating Porro's buy-back until the summer, on the proviso Sporting sell us Marcus Edwards and Goncalo Inacio for £45m.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given alex scott (bristol city) has hid head screwed on and is waiting untill summer to make a decision on his future.

Should we if selling neves/nunes

Look at him as an option with

Gomes/Lemina/Traore as 3 others for our midfield

Or do you got out and get urgate

Or even gomes/urgate/scott

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or even a 2+2=10 scenario!

City give us £45m for Ait-Nouri and agree to hold fire on activating Porro's buy-back until the summer, on the proviso Sporting sell us Marcus Edwards and Goncalo Inacio for £45m.
Wonderful just need to stay away from 18/19/20

Cant imagine we need edwards

But inacio yes

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City signed Sergio Gomez as a left back last summer, although they've preferred a CB there when Cancelo hasn't played and have Rico Lewis on the other side who Pep seems to like.

Crazy they are letting Cancelo go, something must have happened behind the scenes.
Is this maybe tied in with Bernard Mendy putting some of his 'legal issues' behind him ?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours of Saiss to Forest - they've gone too far now!
Ahem....

Perhaps you have me on ignore - wouldn't blame you lol...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never seen a January this busy before and the last 36 hours or so are going to be crazy by the looks of it, lots of teams desperate for players no matter the cost.

Just a thought, I don't know the validity of it.

But could this January be so crazy in terms of spending, as it's potentially the last chance clubs have to offset losses using the Covid exemptions? Given that this summer's window will fall into the 23/24 accounting period.

Swiss Ramble mentioned in a blog recently that Chelsea were using the Covid rules to their advantage, so perhaps other clubs are cottoning on to this too?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enzo fernandes 60m now and 60m instalments for chelsea, what a **** up we did there.

If he goes chelsea will need to balance books , gallagher surely the best of all of them

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha and Sarabia are the big signings this window, pretty much guaranteed first team forwards. I imagine they've been paid for by the Nunes money?
Ait Nouri is a forgotten asset, worth 50m+, with a back up in Bueno who's almost as good. This summer is quite exciting..... just can't be silly and go on a losing streak.
Lemina, Podence, Kilman I'm not sure they'd want to just be benchwarmers.
I like RAN but there is no way on earth he’s a £50 million player right now. He can’t secure a place in our team right now

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Che Adams isn’t better than what they’ve got with Maupay. Gyokeres is a risk in my view. He could be great, he may take time to adapt. We should enter the race just to cause Everton problems, eg making them up the price. Maybe offering Hodge until end of the season and maybe next as part of the deal. I do remember Thelwell spent ages scouting Leon Clarke at Coventry but didn’t choose Callum Wilson instead going for Nouha Dicko.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won't play football in this country again I don't think.
As I understand it he's been found not guilty so far, (6 counts), albeit there are 2 charges still to go to trial. What happened to innocent until proven guilty ?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I understand it he's been found not guilty so far, (6 counts), albeit there are 2 charges still to go to trial. What happened to innocent until proven guilty ?

I’m not commenting on his case. In the eyes of the law, he’s currently innocent of the crimes he was accused of.

But I just don’t think he will play again in this country. His contract is up this summer and it won’t be renewed.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Che Adams isn’t better than what they’ve got with Maupay. Gyokeres is a risk in my view. He could be great, he may take time to adapt. We should enter the race just to cause Everton problems, eg making them up the price. Maybe offering Hodge until end of the season and maybe next as part of the deal. I do remember Thelwell spent ages scouting Leon Clarke at Coventry but didn’t choose Callum Wilson instead going for Nouha Dicko.
Dicko was great for us until his injury. That front 3 of Sako, Dicko and Afobe was magical in the Championship

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Ahem....

Perhaps you have me on ignore - wouldn't blame you lol...

Ha ha, I don't ever (deliberately) put anyone on ignore, not even you! I'll try harder to keep up with everything on here, it's those pesky breaks to sleep and say a quick hello to the wife.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom