Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liquidator return?!

Should the liquidator return?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the liquidator and it will always have a place in my heart, but in some ways it is sad that we haven't moved on and got a few more contemporary tunes.

As for Slade, cmon feel the noise is great, but I reckon Far far away is better. One of those songs like sunshine on Leith could be really personal to one club, and always has me wondering who is chopping onions again....

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
I love the liquidator and it will always have a place in my heart, but in some ways it is sad that we haven't moved on and got a few more contemporary tunes.

As for Slade, cmon feel the noise is great, but I reckon Far far away is better. One of those songs like sunshine on Leith could be really personal to one club, and always has me wondering who is chopping onions again....
We haven't moved on because we can't replace the experience. So why not get it back.

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Yep I was there for that along with pretty much every home game in the 90s, the bad far outweighed the good.
Oldham away in 1997. The home DJ obviously didn't do their homework and played the liquidator. Cue bedlam in the away end and sides which was actually about two thirds of the total crowd!

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oldham away in 1997. The home DJ obviously didn't do their homework and played the liquidator. Cue bedlam in the away end and sides which was actually about two thirds of the total crowd!
Is that when he took it off half way through having realised his error? :tearsofjoy:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It quite literally blows my mind that people get offended by swearing.
There's a whole discussion that probably isn't going to work here based on this. There's no way I'd have got away with swearing as a kid, my Mum wasn't happy with knackered! However homophobic stuff was run of the mill (and racist stuff was common in many households). I'd certainly say it's an improvement that we've reversed those sensibilities.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought it was better than the Liquidator, as folk are saying the Liquidator is used now by many clubs, sure the Mighty Wolves should have their own anthem,

My all time football favourite is this, and sure i heard one or both brothers were a Wolves fans.
not sure "Sunshine on Tame". will take off tho lol

Thats is simply amazing..

superwolves

Reaction score
All our songs get started by hearing other clubs singing a certain song on TV or wherever then slightly changing the words to fit our team or player. The fans by then know the tune etc. We need a way to be able to get our own songs going. How you do that im not sure. Some might say sing it at an away ground in the pub and if its good then enough will join in. We need an anthem associated to our team. The atmosphere and crowd participation is what football and sport is all about

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
All our songs get started by hearing other clubs singing a certain song on TV or wherever then slightly changing the words to fit our team or player. The fans by then know the tune etc. We need a way to be able to get our own songs going. How you do that im not sure. Some might say sing it at an away ground in the pub and if its good then enough will join in. We need an anthem associated to our team. The atmosphere and crowd participation is what football and sport is all about
This is still a process that mystifies me. As my wife will testify I do watch the occasional TV game, but I swear I'd never heard the Cunha 'song' until we sang it (at Villa?) now I seem to hear it in every game I watch on TV. I have no idea how that is possible!

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The club should treat us like grown ups. We'll swear, and they should still keep playing it. It's football not polo. The Wolves' liquidator (the one we remember from the 90s) has to have the anti **** bit.

The hypocritical sanitisation of our game ****es me off - what's worse, telling the our neighbours to do one in industrial language, or... a grown man (or woman) faking injury to cheat, VA ****ing R that no one sane wants, paying players in a week more than most earn in a decade, pricing loyal fans out of the game, sportswashing, betting companies on shirts, etc etc.
I couldn't agree more lostwolf, trouble today is the game has been moved on from being a working class game,
and as you say "Double standards at its worse,"

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Was great in the day on the south bank, we made a real noise and it got us all riled up for the game. It's been so long now I doubt it would have the same effect as most have stopped going.

It's not time to move on we already have and west midlands police have already made it clear about being played again

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was great in the day on the south bank, we made a real noise and it got us all riled up for the game. It's been so long now I doubt it would have the same effect as most have stopped going.

It's not time to move on we already have and west midlands police have already made it clear about being played again
As has been said already, WMP gave advice, nothing more.

As to whether the babbies would get it, it's two lines FFS... it's not like bringing back 'it's a grand old team'. Which we need to do by the way...

Oh it's a grand old team to play for
Oh it's a grand old team to see
And if, you know, you history
Oh it's enough to make your heart go oooh
We don't care what the Albion say
Why the **** should we care
Cos we only know that there's gonna be a show
And the Wolverhampton Wanderers will be there etc.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Beck would be upset if he was alive

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As has been said already, WMP gave advice, nothing more.

As to whether the babbies would get it, it's two lines FFS... it's not like bringing back 'it's a grand old team'. Which we need to do by the way...

Oh it's a grand old team to play for
Oh it's a grand old team to see
And if, you know, you history
Oh it's enough to make your heart go oooh
We don't care what the Albion say
Why the **** should we care
Cos we only know that there's gonna be a show
And the Wolverhampton Wanderers will be there etc.
Isn’t that a Rangers song, when did Wolves sing it?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owd cow shed song from the early 70s

If you go down to the woods today
You’ll be in for a big surprise
You’ll hardly believe your eyes
For Jeremy the sugar puffs bear
Has bought some dockers
And cropped his hair
Todays the day that Jeremy
Joined the skinheads.

Those were the days my friends.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owd cow shed song from the early 70s

You’ll be in for a big surprise
You’ll hardly believe your eyes
For Jeremy the sugar puffs bear
Has bought some dockers
And cropped his hair
Todays the day that Jeremy
Joined the skinheads.

Those were the days my friends.

And, "Tip toe through the North Bank with your docs on" etc, etc.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I posted this after the Chelsea game . I still remember bouncing around on the old North Bank in the seventies when this played.
Despite the fact that the seventies were a bit wild, I'm sure that the "**** off West Brom" chant wasn't added until much later. Can anyone date it?!

I'm also sure that when I started going in the seventies, we actually came out to "The Happy Wanderer" :)

wulfie88

Reaction score
Despite the fact that the seventies were a bit wild, I'm sure that the "**** off West Brom" chant wasn't added until much later. Can anyone date it?!

I'm also sure that when I started going in the seventies, we actually came out to "The Happy Wanderer" :)
Yes you're quite right . The swearing started I think in the eighties. The Happy Wanderer was played when the teams ran out throughout the sixties and seventies.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I can’t remember what was played in ‘88-89 season when I started. It may well have been Happy Wanderer then, I think it was played at some point when I first went. Maybe an instrumental version? Not sure.

I know they definitely played Simply the Best for the ball boys! I hate that song.

I don’t think I heard The Liquidator played at Molineux until we played Villa in the league cup the following season. I may be wrong though. Even then I don’t think the swearing was too noticeable to my young ears, think that came later. I think the loud swearing came in the Hayward redevelopment era.

For any fans of The Happy Wanderer (if there are any) there’s a folky version by Bill Squires that’s a bit of an easier listen to whoever the original is by!

Last edited:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t remember what was played in ‘88-89 season when I started. It may well have been Happy Wanderer then, I think it was played at some point when I first went. I know they definitely played Simply the Best for the ball boys.

I don’t think I heard The Liquidator played at Molineux until we played Villa in the league cup the following season. I may be wrong though. Even then I don’t think the swearing was too noticeable to my young ears, think that came later. I think the loud swearing came in the Hayward redevelopment era.

For any fans of The Happy Wanderer (if there are any) there’s a folky version by Bill Squires that’s a bit of an easier listen to whoever the original is by!
That's the thing, it's not even a traditional Wolves song yet how many get misty eyed over it

Must be those reminders of Endsleigh League Division One midtable obscurity

Ah those were the days

superwolves

Reaction score
But those division 3 4 days were the best times you used to make your own entertainment with fun chants etc. Knee's up mother brown. You just get over it then the bloke behind you starts the du du du du and your off again

Back
Top Bottom