Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

WELCOME, João Gomes!!!

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone remember Locadia during the Championship? His club (I think PSV at the time?) asked for more money while he was supposedly completing his medical.

For what it's worth, I believe what Lobo is saying, but anything can happen I guess

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope
An official bid was officially accepted and our subsequent contract offer was also accepted.

It is not only a verbal agreement.

I dont dispute youre right but how does that work in legal terms.
Obviously if documents has been signed that's obviously binding.
But does an official bid being accepted has legal value? And how was it accepted. Did Wolves send an email and then Flamengo replied 'We accept..etc..?"

Excuse my naivety but I've a difficult time understanding how anything can be binding if there's nothing signed.
So not critical, and I do believe you. I'm just wondering.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hope

I dont dispute youre right but how does that work in legal terms.
Obviously if documents has been signed that's obviously binding.
But does an official bid being accepted has legal value? And how was it accepted. Did Wolves send an email and then Flamengo replied 'We accept..etc..?"

Excuse my naivety but I've a difficult time understanding how anything can be binding if there's nothing signed.
So not critical, and I do believe you. I'm just wondering.

There is a very specific way transfer bids have to be submitted. Both FAs have to be sent the paperwork of the bid and then the subsequent response.

All of that is with the Brazilian and English FA. The bid is official and is officially accepted.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be for Flamengo and Barcelona to try and organise a transfer?

Barca: My dudes! We'll give you £10m for that player with the groovy hair.
Flamengo: Done!
Barca: Awesoooooome...
Flamengo: Everything's arranged. That'll be £12m, please.
Barca: Wait... what?
Flamengo: Yep. Tick tock.
Barca: But we don't have £12m. We're, like, skint.
Flamengo: Then how were you going to pay us £10m?
Barca: Yeah, um, about that...

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an old people's home, or dead?
Not necessarily .
The five arrested in 1981 were David Nelson, 19, of North Carolina (no hometown given), and Britons Thorfinn McLeon MacIver, 25; Anthony James Marriage, 26; Mark St. John Halgate, and Frederick Charles Prime, 42.
The mastermind was said to be John Miller who would now be aged 77/78.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
First job the kid should do is sack his agent and have a word with Uncle Jorge, and inform all his pals about this great agency that looks after the players not themselves
Genuine question but what has his agent done wrong? Reality to me seems that only Flamengo have acted in bad taste

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope the club stand firm. I would like to get the lad, but I prefer that we don't let Flamengo take the **** out of us, even if it means he signs for someone else.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There is a very specific way transfer bids have to be submitted. Both FAs have to be sent the paperwork of the bid and then the subsequent response.

All of that is with the Brazilian and English FA. The bid is official and is officially accepted.
Sounds good, and you sound like you are confident in your sources which is good - in that case, what is taking the time before his signing is confirmed? And is that signing then relatively imminent or is there something flamengo can do to hold it up further?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quick question to some who say we should hold out and not pay the extra if push came to shove and we had to pay the extra or he doesn't join would you still say no and accept he goes elsewhere?

Me personally would be ****ed if he didn't join over a million or so and the principal of us already having an accepted bid...

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sounds good, and you sound like you are confident in your sources which is good - in that case, what is taking the time before his signing is confirmed? And is that signing then relatively imminent or is there something flamengo can do to hold it up further?

Unfortunately I don't know any more than I've said.

Other than to reiterate the player is adamant and Wolves are relaxed (but frustrated).

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For Wolves to be this relaxed the kid must of told Wolves he's joining regardless who comes in
I'm sure his Brazilian compatriot and our Mathaus Cunha will be having a word to convince him anyway.

I can't imagine a young Brazilian liking frogs legs and snails in his diet, so come to England for fish and chips + roast beef and Yorkshire pud. Maybe even faggots and pays!

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
I'm sure his Brazilian compatriot and our Mathaus Cunha will be having a word to convince him anyway.

I can't imagine a young Brazilian liking frogs legs and snails in his diet, so come to England for fish and chips + roast beef and Yorkshire pud. Maybe even faggots and pays!
Lyon is probably best known for its tripe (they’ll happily eat it for breakfast here) although you definitely can get frogs legs. Snails are from a little bit further north in Burgundy.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
There's plenty you can throw at the club for past balls ups but I don't see anything we've done wrong. TBH, you can't blame Lyon, we must have pulled this stunt in the past.

Part of me thinks we should stick to our guns with this. The thing I've been thinking though is this, Gomes was obviously a priority for JL, so should we match the deal for JL as well as Gomes?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you imagine what a nightmare it would be for Flamengo and Barcelona to try and organise a transfer?

Barca: My dudes! We'll give you £10m for that player with the groovy hair.
Flamengo: Done!
Barca: Awesoooooome...
Flamengo: Everything's arranged. That'll be £12m, please.
Barca: Wait... what?
Flamengo: Yep. Tick tock.
Barca: But we don't have £12m. We're, like, skint.
Flamengo: Then how were you going to pay us £10m?
Barca: Yeah, um, about that...

"But we're Barca?! Last season, one club even gave us one of their players for 6 months and wanted nothing in return"

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"But we're Barca?! Last season, one club even gave us one of their players for 6 months and wanted nothing in return"
Sorry but this really annoys me. We DID NOT do this and we did not get screwed by Barca.

Jeff asked for a half and half scarf and got it. It's probably in the museum as one of our finest european moments.

Thanks jeff, thanks traore. Best moment in my football supporting life.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bad move to bring food into the equation. :smile:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? Whatever you do never take up poker.
giphy.gif

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enough is enough. I say we send in a strike team and bust Joao out of there!

Step one: we send Sellars in as a drunken decoy, maybe disguised as a woman, Bugs Bunny style. “Ehhh im your best friend, hic! I transformed Wolves from a back 5… im
A girl Bunny’

Step two: JosWolf abseils through the window and chins the Lyon representative. TAKE THAT GARÇON. He then delivers an extensive lecture on where our transfer dealing went wrong, the guards flee.

Step three: Podence sneaks in through the air conditioning system whilst Costa battles through the main defences Commando style. Guedes sulks in the escape helicopter.

Step Four: An assault unit led by an enraged Wolfie, fully greased Adama and Doris the tea lady take out the remaining Flamengo dancers and get Joao to the chopper.

They take off and nuke the entire site from orbit.

R

reanswolf

An official bid was officially accepted and our subsequent contract offer was also accepted.

It is not only a verbal agreement.
Only thing I would ask, does such legislation affect Brasil and other South and Latin American countries?

T

TheConcourse

Step one: we send Sellars in as a drunken decoy, maybe disguised as a woman, Bugs Bunny style. “Ehhh im your best friend, hic! I transformed Wolves from a back 5… im
A girl Bunny’

Step two: JosWolf abseils through the window and chins the Lyon representative. TAKE THAT GARÇON. He then delivers an extensive lecture on where our transfer dealing went wrong, the guards flee.

Step three: Podence sneaks in through the air conditioning system whilst Costa battles through the main defences Commando style. Guedes sulks in the escape helicopter.

Step Four: An assault unit led by an enraged Wolfie, fully greased Adama and Doris the tea lady take out the remaining Flamengo dancers and get Joao to the chopper.

Ours would miss the target.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

A girl Bunny’

Guedes has gone. He’s no good for the escape helicopter.

How about Brian Law? He could fly it too

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea of the details of the Dan James deal, but I can assure you everything I've said about Gomes is accurate, or at least as Wolves see it.
Im not disputing what you say,well i am lol
I havent seen anywhere that any documents have passed hands,just verbal agreements
They may have the paperwork but i cant see they have signed off on it,otherwise there would be no problems
Obv if you have other solid info that thats not the case then fine,and he will indeed become our player
The good thing is ive heard we are now back in talks with them so lets hope this mess is sorted soon if only for the players sake

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Football ceased to be a game in which fairness & principles were applauded when The Corinthians fell out of the football league. We may be more ‘principled’ than some, but I expect we have pulled a few stunts in our time.

Pay the money, welcome the lad, and move on.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football ceased to be a game in which fairness & principles were applauded when The Corinthians fell out of the football league. We may be more ‘principled’ than some, but I expect we have pulled a few stunts in our time.

Pay the money, welcome the lad, and move on.
Corinthians were never in the FL or any other league. Against their principles.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely just for everyone to save face, we sign him for the "agreed" price, but with the extra on top subject to us getting into Europe or something like that? It's unlikely we'll pay the extra, but they can still say they'll be getting what Lyon offered.
Give them a verbal agreement then say nah you can’t have the extra **** off

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily .
The five arrested in 1981 were David Nelson, 19, of North Carolina (no hometown given), and Britons Thorfinn McLeon MacIver, 25; Anthony James Marriage, 26; Mark St. John Halgate, and Frederick Charles Prime, 42.
The mastermind was said to be John Miller who would now be aged 77/78.
Gerum in

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me this is bigger than Gomes. Stick to guns, if he comes great, if not says to club and other clubs that we’re not to be pushed around once agreed.

Would prefer to play hardball and give them a deadline of Tuesday (?) to sign contract or we reduce by 1m each day to Friday. On Friday contract is withdrawn. Maybe too far….

Back
Top Bottom